What's new

BOG's ORGANIC SOIL METHOD

G

I dont know about BOGs method...but as far as misting, last time I checked nothing stimulates growth like misting w/ rain water. Depending on your lights
2k for me, a humidifier does little or no good. HID lighting should produce very dry conditions(at least for me it all ways has). Misting is essential for keeping humidity at an acceptable level.

Willie! :sasmokin:

Last edited:
G

What exactly is wrong with B1 in flower? I have heard this a lot, but never had any problems using Hormex at 1 teaspoon per gallon throughout the whole veg and flower cycle???

Please and thank you!

Laughing Jim

About those cannabis "trees" BOG was famous for...

I recall BOG saying he often kept his plants in veg for up to 6 months.

J

JackKerouac

strainwhore said:
What exactly is wrong with B1 in flower? I have heard this a lot, but never had any problems using Hormex at 1 teaspoon per gallon throughout the whole veg and flower cycle???

Please and thank you!

Some people say it causes delayed flowering and longer internodal growth. I would use it in times of stress like transplanting and right before switching light cycle.

G

JackKerouac said:
Some people say it causes delayed flowering and longer internodal growth. I would use it in times of stress like transplanting and right before switching light cycle.
Thanks Jack - I have heard before that it was no bueno in flowering, but I use it (hormex or AN organic bee or thrive alive or superthrive - whatever is handy) throughout flowering and I pull everything down at eight weeks, no issues...

I will run a table with and one without to see if I see a difference - I will follow up.

Thanks again.

Mackawber

BOG's soil methods were quite popular and taught a lot of us how to grow for the first time. The big things he stressed seemed to be
1)soil ammendments (adding bone and blood meal, epsom salt, dolomitic lime)
2) type of nutes to use and when to use them (pure blend, fox farms, earth juice)
3) use of more powerful lights when starting flowering
4) transplanting....

Did I forget anything?

G

Mackawber said:
Did I forget anything?
The recipe:

BOGS - Feeding and Mix
I use Wal-Mart Continuous Feeding formula potting soil with 5-10% perlite added for aeration and drainage. I add 2 cups of bone and blood meal to every 10 gallons of soil. I feed Pure Blend grow in veg and I transplant 3 times. Starting in 1 qt pots then 2 gallon pots then 4 gallon pots.

I transplant to 4 gallon pots when going to flowering. At this time I give a strong dose of foxfarm bloom liquid bat guano product, 2/3 cup to a gallon. This is a one time heavy nitrogen feed as transplanted and going into high light flowering room. (all HPS 35 watts/sq.ft.)

Often I let them flower until sexed before the final transplant and nitrogen treatment. It doesn't burn them and they shoot in the first 2 weeks of flowering a lot. Capturing this growth "shoot" as I call it is the key to big buds IMHO. Health and vigor is maintained by lots of continued rooting through flower.

I also use some CO2 in flowering and some superthrive once or twice while in flower at a very weak rate. In flower I feed the first half of flowering with Pure Blend Bloom which has half strength nitrogen compared to their vegging formula. Then the second half of flowering I use Earth juice Bloom to feed as it has no nitrogen and my pots still have some.

SubCool taught me to premix my earth juice bloom 20 hours in advance to reduce its acidity and this has helped me feed more without burning them.

My Basic Tips... BUSHY’S GROW TIPS FOR BEGINNER INDOOR GARDENERS -- By BushyOlderGrower updated 5/2001
Soil Mix is easy get Sam’s Choice, Magic Earth with fertilizer (.09-.06-.05) in already and mix 2/3 cup of blood meal and 2/3 cup of bone meal into each 3 gal pot. By adding 2 tablespoons of dry lime to mix you help flowering and avoid over-acidity. Wal-Mart has this kind and it is cheap! Many prefer to use 5 gallon pots. You should add 10% perlite for good air to the roots and good drainage.

Stir and plant seed into this, fill pot well and wet well first time, we will supplement with organic fertilizers later. Black Gold is best gro mix but heavier soils are better than lighter ones. Shultz pro mix is expensive but highly recommended, Black Magic has also done well for some expert growers. I like Wal-mart continuous feeding formula soil

G

BIG fan of B.O.G but his recipe call for blood and bone meal which i switch for bat guano with almost the same npk value...bone and blood meal scarred me ..health reasons..like mad cow...

Latest posts

Latest posts