What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bog grow tips needed

Superauto

So I'm gonna have my first outdoor grows and need some tips to get it right.

Common for my grow spots will be short distance to water, I have used googlemaps and suncalc and found some really nice spots close to creeks or mall lakes all giving almost complete sun exposure from dawn to dusk.

The grow spots are surrounded by bogs so I'm planning to grow on top of them, or at shore close enough for the roots to self supply on water.

So how do I do this right from the start?
Can I put soil on top of the bog moss or do I need to put it on shore?
How far can the roots find water?

Sorceror

udg forum has a thread on this subject. If I remember correctly they just cut the bottoms out of a rubbermaid tote and filled the bottom portion with dolomite lime.

Reibsi

UDG is kaput and I`ll leave it at that...Here`s how I make my swamp tubes....this site is on a floating peat bog...you can see the peat moss in pic 3...the last pic shows how high my water levels is...take care n stay safe.

Attachments

• ST_.jpg
    ST_.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 19
  • ST_1.jpg
    ST_1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 19
  • ST_2.jpg
    ST_2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 18
  • ST_3.jpg
    ST_3.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 19
  • ST_4.jpg
    ST_4.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 17
  • ST_5.jpg
    ST_5.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 17
  • WH_1.jpg
    WH_1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 18
Good to see you around Reibsi. Was looking at one of your old threads a couple of weeks ago. Good to see you haven't got lost in the wilderness. No doubt your still rocking that old Afghani cut you received of that construction worker years ago. Take care buddy.