What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bodhi Seeds Tester: Mendo Purps x Sunshine Daydream

Minitiger

Here are some pics. Man, uploading pics here is so clumsy. And why are they loading horizontally? Anyway, hopefully you get the idea haha.

Attachments

• Mendo Purps SSDD #1 chop 1.jpg
    Mendo Purps SSDD #1 chop 1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Mendo Purps SSDD #1 chop 3.jpg
    Mendo Purps SSDD #1 chop 3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Mendo Purps SSDD #2 chop 1.jpg
    Mendo Purps SSDD #2 chop 1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Mendo Purps SSDD #3 chop 5.jpg
    Mendo Purps SSDD #3 chop 5.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 48
  • Mendo Purps SSDD #5 chop 2.jpg
    Mendo Purps SSDD #5 chop 2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 43

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Well done broda! They look great! Def remembers me of my #5 pheno, that by the way, i just transplanted a clone that its well rooted and branchy into a 15 gallon to veg for another few weeks before they hit the flower room :)

Yesterday I chopped the remaining 3 plants. One or two could have waited another week or so but they needed to go to clear some space for the next ones!

Minitiger

Man, just got done jarring up the first four that I chopped and I gotta say, these plants yield like shit. I use pint mason jars and I ordinarily get a minimum of four jars per plant, but none of the Mendo/SSDD’s filled more than a jar and a half, with two only filling one jar each. I still have the last one to trim and jar, probably gonna do that tomorrow or Monday. That one looks like it’s gonna be the biggest yielder, but shit.... Pretty skimpy yields for sure. Pretty disappointing for a (almost) four month grow. On the plus side, the Big Sur Nigerian/NL2’s are starting to fill out nicely. Hopefully I get decent yields from those.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Yes, definitely low yielding strain... smoke better be superb tho :)

lol I did try some semi dry nugs and it was ok... guess i should let it dry and cure a bit more before making a final decision :)

peace!

Minitiger

I know I said I cure for three weeks or so before I sample, but sometimes I cheat haha. I’ll give this cross this: it is fucking TASTY, even with just a week’s cure. Smoked half a j last night and it was really, really delicious. Kind of a floral, soft purple-y, maybe lavender-ish (?) flavor on the inhale and straight up sugary sweetness on the exhale. The flavor’s unbelievable. My palette isn’t the greatest and I didn’t notice any actual Grape flavors, but gawddamn it tastes good. Real stony, too. I slept very well last night. I’m gonna finish that j tonight, before I get in bed. I dig the high off of this strain, it’s just really unfortunate that the yields suck so bad.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey broda, glad to hear you enjoyed the smoke. To be honest I havent tried them much so far... gonna give it another week and then give a shot... MP5 I did try did taste very nice! Im really looking forward to the MP4 tho!

Sorry for the lack of posting, been a busy week stuck in trim jail lol

Ncali

Veteran
Is SSDD known as a low yielding line?

There are very low yeilding phenotypes that produce magical little nuggets, frosty and great blueberry terps. I found some medium yielding pheno types that are still very nice with great effects.

I did not run across anything i would consider "high yielding" plants.

Im sure ypu can manipulate some plants to yeild decently.

Ncali

Veteran
Yes, definitely low yielding strain... smoke better be superb tho :)

lol I did try some semi dry nugs and it was ok... guess i should let it dry and cure a bit more before making a final decision :)

peace!

They look absolutly stunning. Ive had a few plants that were "meh" on first sample, but you let it sit for a few weeks and it does enhance things.

My 0.02 lol. Love the look of the planta though man, they're beauties in that regard

:tiphat:
NC

Minitiger

Is SSDD known as a low yielding line?

SSDD is definitely not a low-yielding line. I got close to a QP in a three gallon airpot from the one SSDD I grew a few years back.

Mendo Purps, on the other hand, definitely has a reputation for low yields. My hope was that the SSDD male that Bodhi chose would increase yields, but it doesn’t look like that’s the case with this cross. My last run, which was two The Fuzzes, one Clusterfunk, one Tangerine Kush and one El Jefe Thai, all grown in three gallon airpots, yielded close to a pound. Five plants. The five Mendo Purps/SSDD’s I ran this time MAYBE, might’ve yielded a QP. Pathetic. Like I said before, I’m never testing again.

Bobbertqp

Hey guys, big up to the B fam for hooking it up! So here is my best shot at testing some fire gear from Bodhi, I received these a month or two ago, sorry I havent had the chance to pop them earlier, was out on vacation then had some grow issues but now things are back on track and I will try my best to grow this to my best!

I'm a huge Bodhi fan, I have grown over 10 of his strains (some being, Goji, SSDD, A14, More Cowbell, Granola Funk, Pinesoul, etc) and I must say they all provided quality meds, of course some phenos are better than others but in general great plants and a few with highly potential keepers!

So here we go:

Mendo Purps x Sunshine DayDream

So on 12/03 all 10 seeds got dropped into 300ml paper cups with Organic soil water only custom mix, lightly soaked and placed inside green house container to keep them from drying out.

First few days I had some minor issues with temps and they were down to 16c at one point, but not a big issue. 3 days after seeds got dropped and wetted first seedlings started emerging. 1 days later we have 10/10 above soil. So far great start. First day or two I let them get natural light at them window. Tomorrow I will most likely move them under some COB leds to start vegging them and giving them some real power!

So far not much action but I will try to update anything done to these in here as much as possible!

The plan is to veg them for 3 weeks in these cups and then move them to final containers, 15 Gallon smart pots with same organic mix, I will be placing 5 per pot and hopefully end with 2-3 per container after males are culled! Veg another week or two on the 15s and them 13/11 for flower. Each 15 gallon pot will be directly placed under a Vero 29 g7 COB LED running at 50w.

There will be several other strains being run at the same time in the same room at the same style of grow. My room is far away from dialed in, there are a few light leaks, not great air movement etc, so this strains will be put to the real test in there! Everything is DIY setup, and this is my 2nd run on it!

Pull a seat, grab some snacks, your favorite smoking device and some quality herb and enjoy the show!:tiphat:

Enjoy some pictures of some Headbanger x Sunshine Daydream pollen chuck cross I made

Peace brethrens!
Respect Bodhi!

Are those Headbanger's x sunshine daydream seeds up for trade ,I have some reg skylotus x head trips seads I made

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
So I guess I forgot to post the final thoughts on this strain...

I ended up with 2 nice phenos, MP5 and MP2. MP5 is definitely my favorite, was real nice, citrus/haze flavor to it a real nice balanced high that leans more towards the sativa buzz. Very good for nerve pain! Mid/low yielding strain, good vigor and structure, likes to branch out!

Im running my favorite phenos outdoors just above 50N. MP5 was harvested around a week ago, was starting to mold, could have used another week or two to finish rippening it up. Mp2 still out there, needs another week or so, turned a nice magenta/purple color. MP4 also out there, havent had much access to it but I plan to make a visit tomorrow. Last time it was very dark purple. Lemme tell you guys that these plants are great for outdoors, at a lower latitude it could be very nice! Very very good mold resistance. The plants took 3 weeks of straight rain outside and only 1 plant got very minimal mold. The other 2 still taking the weather like a champ.... I noticed most SSDD crosses have good mold resistance!

I took a cut from mp5 a month or so ago and its revegging and I plan to bring it to the rotation indoors once it reverts! I really like this pheno, so I think its worth running a few more times at least to see if its worth keeping it around!

Anyways, thanks again to the Bodhi fam for letting me run these! Was lots of fun and joy running these. I got a few SSDD crosses in the fridge that I might pop em, Blue sunshine and Chem-D x SSDD! So maybe in a few month we get a few more of these growing.

I'm waiting for the new testers to arrive, hopefully the arrive safely this week. If so they will get planted asap!

Thanks for watching!
Peace!

hey broda, thanks for the suggestion, and you are right, they are a bitch to move around, especially when wet, holy molly my back hates these 15 gals lol but sometimes I move them around a bit, its hard to spin them around too much cuz the whole room fits quite like a puzzle lol so I need to make sure to place the colas on the empty spaces... but its all good, this run its only a pheno hunt, hopefully my clones start throwing some roots out and I can run the best ones once again with only 1 plant per pot, which makes it a lot easier!

These pots are the only ones in the tent under 75w of LED, all other led pairs run at 100... The back ones seem to be bulking up nicely, the front ones all have really tiny nugs, but its all good, prolly a grower mistake to be honest, if I'm able to run them again we shall see if its really the grower error tho....

caramel huh? I'll smell them tonight with that in mind, maybe I can pin point it... its funny sometimes you smell something and you can't tell what it is, but once you hear someone describe something as caramel you go and you are like, thats totally right lol

funny how terps, the nose and the brain work together!

anyways, let us know the test smokes! I might just have to do the same :D

One thing I’ve been wondering about is if me using buildasoil’s kinda guidelines or whatever is fucking these plants up. I’ve never really had a problem in three gallon smart pots before, but that was with me only using water, with maybe an occasional addition like fulvic or K Silicate or an SST during flower every two or three weeks or so. This time, I’ve been using all kinds of inputs (fulvic, K Silicate, SST’s, yucca etc etc) every other watering per buildasoil’s recommendation and the plants seem real unhappy. Or something. I also always top-dressed with a little gypsum, fish bone meal, kelp and neem a week or two before I started flowering, but I didn’t this time. What you think? Just from what I’ve noticed this round, it seems to me that adding a bunch of shit to my water isn’t working out. Maybe it’s cuz I’m in smaller pots, I dunno, but this grow is kinda getting on my nerves.

Fuck testing haha!

I know this is an old thread; posting this for future lurkers. I've had it drilled into my head from horticultural books (and now experience) that organic soil growers absolutely must be extremely sparing with any watered-in additives (e.g. aloe powder, fulvic/humic acids, aact ingredients, mollasses) because they will throw the microherd (which an organic plant requires to feed itself, w/ out forced chelation). Using additives, even simple ones like fulvic acid soil drenches, can slow your plants down by weeks. If you're growing with organic soil and plain water, please carefully research the potential benefits/setbacks of a particular additive before using. Ive been getting a little looser, experimenting, but as a general rule, I only gives my plants AACT with very small amounts of very specifically chosen inputs (for me EWC, 1/4 tsp mollasses or less per gallon, a cup or so of sprouted seed teas, dried fish, etc). It's also VERY important if you are hoping to benefit from mycorhizae that you NEVER soil drench anything high in chelated phosphorous, as it's likely to decimate the hyphae. Enjoyed reading through this thread after the fact, thanks :D

Minitiger

So I guess I forgot to post the final thoughts on this strain...

I ended up with 2 nice phenos, MP5 and MP2. MP5 is definitely my favorite, was real nice, citrus/haze flavor to it a real nice balanced high that leans more towards the sativa buzz. Very good for nerve pain! Mid/low yielding strain, good vigor and structure, likes to branch out!

Im running my favorite phenos outdoors just above 50N. MP5 was harvested around a week ago, was starting to mold, could have used another week or two to finish rippening it up. Mp2 still out there, needs another week or so, turned a nice magenta/purple color. MP4 also out there, havent had much access to it but I plan to make a visit tomorrow. Last time it was very dark purple. Lemme tell you guys that these plants are great for outdoors, at a lower latitude it could be very nice! Very very good mold resistance. The plants took 3 weeks of straight rain outside and only 1 plant got very minimal mold. The other 2 still taking the weather like a champ.... I noticed most SSDD crosses have good mold resistance!

I took a cut from mp5 a month or so ago and its revegging and I plan to bring it to the rotation indoors once it reverts! I really like this pheno, so I think its worth running a few more times at least to see if its worth keeping it around!

Anyways, thanks again to the Bodhi fam for letting me run these! Was lots of fun and joy running these. I got a few SSDD crosses in the fridge that I might pop em, Blue sunshine and Chem-D x SSDD! So maybe in a few month we get a few more of these growing.

I'm waiting for the new testers to arrive, hopefully the arrive safely this week. If so they will get planted asap!

Thanks for watching!
Peace!

Awwwww.... Dude! You’re still running these Mendo crosses? Unbelievable. You musta got much better phenos than I did. The smoke was stellar from the plants I grew, but the yields were way too low to ever run again. Anyway, yeah, I just remembered that I grew these plants and figured I’d check in to see what was going on with you and this thread.

Got some Genius Thai x OMG and some Golden Triangle x 88G13HP testers growing now. Only planted them two weeks ago and they’re showing major hybrid vigor. Those OMG crosses have the fattest leaves I’ve seen for such young plants. Also have some Silver Mountain (first time I’ve grown them, really excited) and three Larry Lotuses, so I’m stoked.

Anyway, yeah, can’t believe you still have those Mendo/SSDD crosses going haha. Love it!

Minitiger

I know this is an old thread; posting this for future lurkers. I've had it drilled into my head from horticultural books (and now experience) that organic soil growers absolutely must be extremely sparing with any watered-in additives (e.g. aloe powder, fulvic/humic acids, aact ingredients, mollasses) because they will throw the microherd (which an organic plant requires to feed itself, w/ out forced chelation). Using additives, even simple ones like fulvic acid soil drenches, can slow your plants down by weeks. If you're growing with organic soil and plain water, please carefully research the potential benefits/setbacks of a particular additive before using. Ive been getting a little looser, experimenting, but as a general rule, I only gives my plants AACT with very small amounts of very specifically chosen inputs (for me EWC, 1/4 tsp mollasses or less per gallon, a cup or so of sprouted seed teas, dried fish, etc). It's also VERY important if you are hoping to benefit from mycorhizae that you NEVER soil drench anything high in chelated phosphorous, as it's likely to decimate the hyphae. Enjoyed reading through this thread after the fact, thanks :D

Eh..... I dunno about all that. Have you been reading The Rev or something? For ACT’s, I use 1.5 cups of either EWC or Bu’s Blend and 1/3of a cup of molasses, per Tim’s (Microbe Organics) instructions. Always works very well for me. Fish is out of the question. Typically, what I do is one ACT in veg and one when I transplant to their flowering pots. I also top with a little neem and kelp underneath the mulch in the final container. Water with fulvic one week, TM7 the next for the first few weeks. An SST here and there. Shit works great. Add Bioag Vam during each transplant and you’re golden.

“Micro herd”? Whatever.... Hahaha!!!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Yeah bro, I ran them outside and they did really good. MP5 is my keeper, I got it indoors on 7 gallons 3 weeks of flowering right now. We shall see if we can bump the yields... but the smoke is amazing, sweet, incensey, strawberry yogurt type flavor and great nerve relief effects that helped me a lot!

Anyways Ill try to post some updated pics...

I got some Vintage Jack x Purple Unicorn and some Kadahar x Kashmir going as for testings, they a few days into flower, I did fuck up and only got 6 total to pop ;( but they are looking good!

Thanks for checking in!!!

Peace!

Minitiger

Yeah bro, I ran them outside and they did really good. MP5 is my keeper, I got it indoors on 7 gallons 3 weeks of flowering right now. We shall see if we can bump the yields... but the smoke is amazing, sweet, incensey, strawberry yogurt type flavor and great nerve relief effects that helped me a lot!

Anyways Ill try to post some updated pics...

I got some Vintage Jack x Purple Unicorn and some Kadahar x Kashmir going as for testings, they a few days into flower, I did fuck up and only got 6 total to pop ;( but they are looking good!

Thanks for checking in!!!

Peace!

You got those Vintage Jack/Purple Unicorn testers?!? You bastard!!! Haha! Just kidding. Those were number one on my list when I sent it in to Mrs. B, but I ended up with my #2 and #3 choices. Color me green with fucking envy. Do you have a thread of that grow somewhere? I’m super-curious to see how those do. From the genetics, I’d be very willing to buy those if Bodhi decides to release them.

I agree with you on the flavor of those Mendo/SSDD crosses. Very delicious. Mine had a weird (and tasty) red wine/grape candy flavor on the inhale and just a super-sugary sweet taste on the exhale. Pretty unique. The high was a little too narcotic for me, but everyone else who tried it fucking loved it.

Anyway, yeah, man, I am so envious that you got that Jack/PU cross. I reeeeeaalllllyyyy wanted those.....

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
hahaha nice man, yeah I fucked up a bit on the testers, only got 4 to pop, i damped off a few of them :( quite a noob mistake... dont have a thread yet but I will open one when I get some time... things are hectic lately here, but they are around week 2 of flower and looking good. I got a male and a female so far. hoping for at least another fem... the male is a beast one...

regarding the mendo purps, your description is pretty spot on... one of the sweetests herbs ive had the preasure of smoking, the smell is so amazing, prolly one of the most unique smelling herbs, to me its some sort of pineapple strawberry candy and playdough or something on the backend... really awesome stuff

I got 2 of my keeper running on 7 gallon, they stacked quite nice this round and they are putting out some chunky nugs... might be able to pull a decent yield out of this round... they were clones that I took from the outside plant and they reveged and after a few months were finally big enough to flower, I took a bunch of clones from those before flowering them... I got 7 clones to play with.

Gonna throw one or two into my micro cab, I think this will be a good strain for a micro setup... we shall see, prolly gonna take a few weeks till things get going tho, winter things grow a bit slower around here... Maybe Ill pick a clone and try to reverse with some sts to play with...

I tried to polinate a few branches with some karma sour bx, hopefully the pollen was still viable... ;)

thanks for checking in broda, I will upload some pics of my keeper, they are looking real nice around a month deep into flower cycle.