What's new

Bobby's GT-R thread.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
That was an invite only event held by a bunch of rich guys. No media, but there are some youtube vids surfacing.

It was an AMS Alpha Omega, with 1550 hp, and all it did was push some coolant through the engine, so they stopped running. They were running dead even with a 1500 hp UGR Gallardo that was there. The Gallardo also dropped out, cause his third gear was slipping.

The engine did not blow. The Aplha Omega is also their shop car, so they are pushing it hard. Most likely a seal that gave way.

Last edited:

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
401761_10150772692956840_16350961839_9809393_1935236557_n.jpg

N

Nondual

and all it did was push some coolant through the engine, so they stopped running.
Hey thx for the information. I was gonna post 'engine failure' cause I did not know the specific reason and only had a few minutes to watch the vid and stuff. Still though coolant running through a motor? I've seen pics of the internals of motors where people had their air intakes low and accidentally sucked in some water. Pretty nasty. Not a car geek like you so don't know how all that works. I know they have water injection systems like Aquamist.

Still though it lost :biglaugh:. Anyway if I had the extra play money would be all over a used GT-R ;)

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
Still though it lost :biglaugh:. Anyway if I had the extra play money would be all over a used GT-R ;)

If they raced from a dig then the GT-R would win.

I am on a forum with the two guys that ran that race, and the Lambo owner admitted to brake boosting a little much, which gave him the jump. They are supposed to hold a 50-60 mph through the green flags then punch it. When cars are making 1500 hp, the smallest difference in start can mean a car length at the finish line.

At wide open throttle, both cars stay right with each other. Lambo trannys even the Tilton ones, can't handle dig races like the GT-R can.

Not to mention the 140-150k entry price to a Superleggera and then another 100k or so at Underground Racing. An 09 Alpha Omega would cost less than the stock Superleggera. Gallardos are sick though. UGR is about to release its newest monster. Stage 2 race package with 1750 hp.... They are also starting to work with billet clutch packs, and then they should be ready for the 1/4 mile.

They are also doing a Twin Turbo Aventador... Modifying a 450k car...
There is only one other Omega running around right now. I am hoping to get a ride in it and a Switzer R1KX in a couple weeks. :blowbubbles:

Last edited:
N

Nondual

There is only one other Omega running around right now. I am hoping to get a ride in it and a Switzer R1KX in a couple weeks. :blowbubbles:
I know you got connections brother ;). It's apparent with the info you drop here at IC.

If they raced from a dig then the GT-R would win.
Hell yeah...it just wants to tear up the pavement and have a snack. Godzilla was/is a good name for the car :biggrin:. Just to fantasize a bit I'd get a custom symbol made up and change the fish to a Ferrari symbol and stick it on the rear end lol.

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
You looked at a E55 I think.

That is the new 2012 CLS63 AMG. They start at 110k.

Twin Turbo V8 w/ 560hp.

E55s are absolute monsters though with that 500hp SC'd V8.

N

Nondual

You looked at a E55 I think.

That is the new 2012 CLS63 AMG. They start at 110k.

Twin Turbo V8 w/ 560hp.

E55s are absolute monsters though with that 500hp SC'd V8.
Yeah it was an E55. I'm not up on new sports luxury cars so assumed that was a SC'd AMG in that pic. Great thing about high priced cars like that is wait a handful of years and the things can depreciate like crazy. That thing must be sweet to stomp the petal. Thx for the info :)

Bobby Stainless

Veteran
AMG cars seem to get hit the worst.

CL65s were 200k and are now in the 30s.

I am looking at M5s now that the new one came out. M5s with 50-60k on em can be had for less than 30k.

Latest posts

Latest posts