What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead's organic bedroom of high brix gardening

Maina

Veteran
You ever have any organic ? Pm me .that's all I do.I m doing stuff with organic that would blow your mind.no bull shit.I haven't been posting much because business is crazy but I would love to help you

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Maina!!! LOL

I imagine that it takes alot to blow bobbles mind......

things that blow my mind come from bull shit...

bobblehead

Veteran
Inspiring grow..i have similar ambitions..

Thank you. There is no time like the present to make your dreams a reality.

Tushay bobble :biggrin:

I knew you would come around to seeing things my way.

Following this thread, I feel like I'm sitting in on a graduate seminar on growing. Many thanks for your hard earned knowledge guys.

Thanks CR! I kinda feel the same... ;) We're well beyond "how far should I hang my lamps from the plants" by now. Definitely not the introductory course. This is "oh, so you're a grower now? Lets see just how good of a grower you really are."

Scientists put there work up for review. Science isn't about hoarding knowledge, its about sharing it and so everyone can benefit. Proprietary information is capitalistic... Which is fine with me... but imo not as respectable as the open exchange of information and ideas. Dr. Albrecht and Reams (among many other scientists) didn't keep their research a secret. They published papers and shared with everyone exactly what they did and how they came to their conclusions. Much of what I know now is due to the work of others.

Sup bro...

Talk about another gold mine you got going here man...

I just dig the hell out of the idea of No till Living beds...
Im seeing a kind of compost living bed used for 10 years untilled in my future...
Sweet... lol

Thanks for all this great work man...

:scripture: Way the hell up in the nose bleed seats....:yoinks: Epic shit... Even,from up here....

Keep on,keeping on,brother....

:abduct:

Thanks AD! I really want to build one of your ppk pools, but I just don't have enough space! All of my plants are in peat right now. I forgot to stick a few cuts in perlite. I'll get around to it eventually.

Flowering straw dd now. You really need to flower this cut of mod boss ohhhh my . 8 weeker big buds massive frost .massive

I totally forgot you have the straw dd! I hope you share some pics!

You ever have any organic ? Pm me .that's all I do.I m doing stuff with organic that would blow your mind.no bull shit.I haven't been posting much because business is crazy but I would love to help you

Have I ever smoked any organic? Yes. Have I grown organic before my last grow? never.

Maina!!! LOL

I imagine that it takes alot to blow bobbles mind......

things that blow my mind come from bull shit...

Not shore How to take that .what are you saying I'm full shit ?

woah woah woah... HL45 isn't saying you're full of shit... He's just saying I might not be as blown away as you think. I'm not running 50kw or even 20-30kw... but I'm at the forefront of the cannabis industry. Michigan has been medical for a while now, and I've put in the time to network and meet other growers that put out high quality product. 20% total cannabinoids is the daily smoke around here. I can get any elite I want.

That's not to discredit you Maina... I have total respect for you and what you do. HL45 is right though, it takes a lot to "blow my mind" when it comes to meds. I'm sure one day I'll get to try some of your buds and I'll give you my honest opinion.

Feel free to post up any suggestions here in the thread, unless your information is proprietary and you intend to share it only with me... That's cool. I'll drop you a PM. I'm definitely interested to hear your approach. I try not to listen to any one person anymore however... and I come up with my own conclusions and methodologies. The reason being that there are a lot of liars on the internet. Not everyone is a liar, some just exaggerate their claims. That's what HL45 was referring to when he said that most of the "mind blowing" stuff is bullshit. It wasn't an attack on you, but rather our shared sense of skepticism.

rac·on·teur (rkn-tûr)
n.
One who tells stories and anecdotes with skill and wit.

We're all raconteurs here, but not every story is the same.

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
So my pH spiked b/c I didn't let my nutes "cook" before amending them to the beds. I compensated for this by irrigating with slightly acidic water... but the beds didn't need to be watered, so now my plants are over-watered. I knew this would happen and I did it anyway. I would have been better off letting the plants deal with the high pH. At least they were still growing. Now I have all the lights cranking 18hs a day and the humidity is set to 50%. The beds are now at 70mbar, which is a more acceptable moisture level. I expect the plants will start recovering now.

Straw DD
picture.php

Golden Goat
picture.php

Death Star
picture.php

This veg room is about to get flipped since its doing much better, and I'll build a new veg.
picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The reason being that there are a lot of liars on the internet. Not everyone is a liar, some just exaggerate their claims.

You are such a liar. You need to post some proof. I find this offensive that you would say this. I deserve an apology.

Oh and your plants look awesome.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
So my pH spiked b/c I didn't let my nutes "cook" before amending them to the beds. I compensated for this by irrigating with slightly acidic water... but the beds didn't need to be watered, so now my plants are over-watered. I knew this would happen and I did it anyway. I would have been better off letting the plants deal with the high pH. At least they were still growing. Now I have all the lights cranking 18hs a day and the humidity is set to 50%. The beds are now at 70mbar, which is a more acceptable moisture level. I expect the plants will start recovering now.

This is sort of interesting. Ideally, when people talk about "cooking" their dirt, it's before planting in it at all. That is, what most people refer to "cooking" is [what ends up being] the bed itself.

Did you just top dress all of your amendments in to fresh peat/soil/mix, while your plants were planted & living in the same beds?

For an application like yours (a continuously re-used bed), from here on out, your "amending" will really take place via top dress and via teas. Generally, when that's the case, the base dirt has already "cooked." That is, you're adding incrementally to an already living & ongoing system.

I really dig your setup for that last factor alone - large volumes of soil/medium to act as a culture what your roots need. :good:

(But I am curious as to how you approached this initially, mostly in re: how it'll affect what you should expect next, and when can you expect some period of relative homeostasis)

You're definitely on to something great, with your knowledge + capability + large ass volumes of dirt :D

Maina

Veteran
I mix all my soil also. 3O% perilite 40% peat 20% compost 10% loam . Then azomite.rock powder.oyster shell powder .gypsum. calcium carbonate. Then I will mix in the organic n-p-k stuff. Do a 30 day cook hit it with a bacteria worm casting tea and dun.I veg the plants threw on the soil mix. But at the flip I go to organic liquids .I just went a run with a new liquid line .ohhhh my . Threw the roof. Yeald up.frost x3 density x3. Stacking times 4.veging with 12 hours light of 1000.nothing lankey . Had cfl to stop flowering .I'm all in now. Nectar for the gods and aptus. I have Ben playing around with this 3 years and I have never saw this in organics ever.just ran kosher kush this way and everything went x2 frost.yeald.gpw. so I'm running a cooked soil threw veg. And aptus and nectar threw flower.also foiler feeding threw 1/2/3/4 week flower with fulvic and organic plant hormones .bud set is solo fast .

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Not shore How to take that .what are you saying I'm full shit ?

Not at all bro!:comfort: just when your saying "blow your mind"... well its gotta be some crazy gpw to really blow bobbles mind..

and for the latter part of the post I was serious....

Things that blow my mind come from bullshit, cowshit too.

4614813707_dc057184a2_z.jpg

Maina

Veteran
The strawberry DD 10 weeks flower ? does it stretch a lot? Cal/ mag in flower ? She seems to like a lot of N and mag. ? Your picks of her is nuts . I have to monsters in a scrog 5x5 2 1000 watters. Shit if this girl yealds like that I will run it threw my 8000 watt vert scrog that would be nuts . 20 plants 8000 watts vert scrog = 16 lb :woohoo: that's a new 45 x 100 light dep. Green house all set up :thank you:

bobblehead

Veteran
You are such a liar. You need to post some proof. I find this offensive that you would say this. I deserve an apology.

Oh and your plants look awesome.

Right... You would never tell a lie... Cheap capitalistic bastard.

This is sort of interesting. Ideally, when people talk about "cooking" their dirt, it's before planting in it at all. That is, what most people refer to "cooking" is [what ends up being] the bed itself.

Did you just top dress all of your amendments in to fresh peat/soil/mix, while your plants were planted & living in the same beds?

Last grow I top dressed the ammendments into the soil, with the plants in the beds. There was some leaf twisting and a little burn, but it wasn't too bad. This time I top dressed with 1/2 the ferts, after transplanting.

For an application like yours (a continuously re-used bed), from here on out, your "amending" will really take place via top dress and via teas. Generally, when that's the case, the base dirt has already "cooked." That is, you're adding incrementally to an already living & ongoing system.

From what I recall now from the ROLS thread, after the fact, is that they let their amendments cook in a bucket for a minimum of a week, preferably 30 days, before top-dressing.

I really dig your setup for that last factor alone - large volumes of soil/medium to act as a culture what your roots need. :good:

(But I am curious as to how you approached this initially, mostly in re: how it'll affect what you should expect next, and when can you expect some period of relative homeostasis)

You're definitely on to something great, with your knowledge + capability + large ass volumes of dirt :D

The only way to know how close I am to achieving a level of "homeostasis" is through soil tests. It'll take several grows to establish humus and no longer need to apply teas. At some point though, like I was telling D... The microbes will establish themselves and not leave any room for any foreign microbes to become established. How long it takes is totally subjective. I'm off to a good start, but the stupid mistakes I'm making right now are slowing things down.

I have money again! So I'll probably be sending out samples from each bed in a couple weeks so I can find out exactly what's going on, and see if I need to add anything before the plants get too far into flower.

I mix all my soil also. 3O% perilite 40% peat 20% compost 10% loam . Then azomite.rock powder.oyster shell powder .gypsum. calcium carbonate. Then I will mix in the organic n-p-k stuff. Do a 30 day cook hit it with a bacteria worm casting tea and dun.I veg the plants threw on the soil mix. But at the flip I go to organic liquids .I just went a run with a new liquid line .ohhhh my . Threw the roof. Yeald up.frost x3 density x3. Stacking times 4.veging with 12 hours light of 1000.nothing lankey . Had cfl to stop flowering .I'm all in now. Nectar for the gods and aptus. I have Ben playing around with this 3 years and I have never saw this in organics ever.just ran kosher kush this way and everything went x2 frost.yeald.gpw. so I'm running a cooked soil threw veg. And aptus and nectar threw flower.also foiler feeding threw 1/2/3/4 week flower with fulvic and organic plant hormones .bud set is solo fast .

Have you thought about using dry amendments and top-dressing with them? What made you choose liquids? What PGR's are you using? Have you had your soil tested? Have you had your meds tested? Just a few questions. Thanks.

Not at all bro!:comfort: just when your saying "blow your mind"... well its gotta be some crazy gpw to really blow bobbles mind..

and for the latter part of the post I was serious....

Things that blow my mind come from bullshit, cowshit too.

View Image

lol after I posted my response I got to thinking that maybe I shouldn't speak for HL45, cause his mind could be in a totally different place... and it was. ha ha...

Nice pic

How is your yield in organcs compared with coco? Buy some decent new ballasts bro.

My yields have improved! My plants generally stay healthier. I culled one bed that didn't make the transition to organics, I got 3lbs off another, and 5lbs off the other. The plants in my 600w donut in #5 bags didn't do nearly as well as the plants in the beds... Quality was there, but the plants and buds were significantly smaller than their sisters in the beds.

Upgrading to all 1k's, checking the lamps with my meter and replacing parts and/or ballasts as needed.

The strawberry DD 10 weeks flower ? does it stretch a lot? Cal/ mag in flower ? She seems to like a lot of N and mag. ? Your picks of her is nuts . I have to monsters in a scrog 5x5 2 1000 watters. Shit if this girl yealds like that I will run it threw my 8000 watt vert scrog that would be nuts . 20 plants 8000 watts vert scrog = 16 lb :woohoo: that's a new 45 x 100 light dep. Green house all set up :thank you:

Yeah man I wouldn't take her longer than 10 unless you know for a fact you're not gonna have a mold issue... but I get bud rot every time b/c the buds are so huge. Its hard for air to get inside the buds when they're the size of a nerf football. That's a benefit of high brix gardening though, pest and disease resistance. My genetics are already high yielding, so I'm hoping to work on the mold prevention and produce a higher quality product by being able to run her longer. She keeps spitting out pistils through week 10... So who knows how long she'll go really. I'm telling you dude, I just hit 1gpw with the straw dd without trying. 16 plants.

She stretches significantly. I'd say at least 2x. Definitely can take some cal/mag/N/Mg. I keep the Ca high all the time, and I foliar fed MgSO4 1x around week 5. She greened up a bit. I don't have her dialed in tight yet... but its about to happen.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Yeah man I wouldn't take her longer than 10 unless you know for a fact you're not gonna have a mold issue... but I get bud rot every time b/c the buds are so huge. Its hard for air to get inside the buds when they're the size of a nerf football.

I think she can be tempermental with the nutes. If a leaf browns a little it is a gaurantee mold issue on the bigger buds. They just get buried in the buds as they swell. I just lost about 2 oz on a 16-18 oz plant because of this. I had taken the biggest buds early but could not get some of the others till about day 75. Sure as crap it kept swelling and poof moldy buds. It was because I flushed it for about 12 days. I had taken the large buds at day 66 to prevent mold. I got about 6 oz of roma tomatoe size buds when I cut the large buds down.

Those were beutiful buds when dried.

Maina

Veteran
Thanks.you have a brix meter? What is your brix number after lights haveben on for 3 hours ?I'm like 12-13 . Are you running 3 kinds cal. In your mix ? I hit my sdd with high facilitator And really no stretch 1/2 inch between internodes very Stacked

Maina

Veteran
If I put it in my sealed Room and keep humidity down to 20/30% you think that would be smart ? Plus fans ?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
If I put it in my sealed Room and keep humidity down to 20/30% you think that would be smart ? Plus fans ?

I think you will slow the grow of the plant by doing this. You need higher humidity for better growth. At least until the buds start gaining size.

Maina

Veteran
Pipe down over there. Just who do you think you are?

I spray on the largest micron setting. I'm confident the bacteria are making the trip. Just to be sure though... One day down the road I'm going to apply some of my lab work to my grow. I'm going to do some colony counts off my leaf tissue. I want to determine what sprays are harming the bacteria and which are benefiting them. Some sprays like CaCl2 can clearly help the plant, but there is speculation among scientists that it hinders microbial growth. None of the research I've read has any quantitative research to confirm this. So, I'll do my own. Its not particularly expensive to get some agar and petri dishes,
If you run over 40 psi you will blow them apart.I see it under my microscope