What's new

bobblehead's organic bedroom of high brix gardening

MIway

Veteran
Damn bobble, talk about a life altering event. Fuckin eh. I foresee some form of grow in ur life though... its in the blood. ;-) But jesus, glad to hear u r safe.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Talk about going out with a bang. .Doh. ..

Really good to hear you and yours are safe and of sound mind. :biggrin:

Life has a interesting way of setting you on a path.
Enjoy you Nursing career brother...
Your going to kill it. .Doh.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Med, Med-Surg-Ortho units.
Your way to intelligent for those environments...

Tele-ICU-DOU(step down ICU) -Oncology unit's are where forward movers play.
Then into ER and the ultimate experience - Inner city Trama unit...

Just make sure critical thinking is required where ever you end up.

2 Cents...

Smart move taking the grow break at this point.
There's lot's of ways to lose your RN license and lack of greed is a
good sign of values that make for a good nurse. .

Have a blast and dont be to big to change that Bed pan, fker. :biggrin:
It's the little things that truly makes a difference to sick folks...:ying:

D. U. D. E ...

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks everyone. I'll respond to you individually as I have time...

I just wanted to let you know that I stopped by the fire dept, and there is no criminal investigation. Just cleaning up. Got a dehuey running, a fan blowing air out of the house, and the hardwood floors are good! I'm very lucky. Minimal repairs to some floor joists, otherwise it's mostly drywall.

I found a ballast that was totally roasted, so I'm assuming that's what caused the fire. Funny cause I was just giving another member an explanation of the fire hazards with ballasts, and it wasn't well received.

Anyway... I'm ok, things are gonna be fine.

DunHav`nFun

Been prayin for yas since I first read about this.....If it`s confined to the basement , once all the sheetrock and insulation`s been stripped outta the walls and floor joist cavities , spray all scorched and black studs and floor joists , Hell , EVERYTHING that`ll remain with oil-based KILZ good and thick , or you`ll never get the smoke smell outta your house....

It`s what fire restoration experts use on partially burned out homes before remodeling..now..regardless of our history , I`ve never wanted anything but the best for you and yours Bobbles , and I`m here ta apologize from the bottom of my heart for all the bullshit I`ve spewed atchas after our falling out up till now.....

If there`s ever anything I can do to help yas , don`t hesitate to ask , and here`s hopin school fly`s by and yas`re back up on your feet with a killer paying job you so well deserve.....

This ain`t shit.....Just a test....Good Lord will NEVER give you more than yas can handle....guaranteed....

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

SecondAttempt

What kind of ballast? I think this is a good wake up call for everybody to check their gear... frayed wires, leaks, loose connections etc.

Again, good luck moving forward with your life.

HL45

Veteran
Bobble, so happy your alive and your pooch also. Another member lost his house and dogs to a fire this year, I'm glad to see you with a positive attitude about it all. If you need anything let me know. If you need help cleaning your fire damage holler at leadbyexample52. He is a good worker and eager to learn.

I have always admired how you weren't attached to the game like so many of us on the board are. You consistently maintain an honest tone in your thread. Its refreshing in this ever so deceptive world. I hope you stick around. Good luck with your non cannabis medical ventures. Don't forget about juicing leaves. I bet 3/4 of the hospital could benefit from some fresh of canna juice, honestly we all can. You already are on the organic path, a few t5s and a juicer and you could be hooking up some of the patients. Just keep it in mind, I have a strong feeling that a juicing situation may arise In your future. Supplying noncertified organic canna juice is a fairly virgin market.
Q
Onward and upward my friend.

O

Oti$

Bobbles, I'm glad to hear you are alive and well. You are right, you will be ok... Better than most. I just want to thank you as you were one of my biggest influences as I started my grow "career". I learned so much from you threads and wouldn't be where I am now without the wealth of information I've gained from reading your posts and from all your successes as well we your mistakes. Thanks again:D

whatthe215

Veteran
I'm glad you and your dog are safe, that's all that matters. You couldn't have a better attitude about this if you tried.

:respect:

InjectTruth

Wow. That's definitely not the update I was expecting, either. Fuckin A, man. Glad you and yours are safe and on solid ground. Stay up :respect:

:yes: awesome pics & great shares here. would u pls tell me how to give reputation points, to posts that i find helpful, im an exp grower, but a noob here. thank you

anonymousgrow

You are in my thoughts and prayers. We lost everything in a fire a few months ago, its hard but keep your chin up. Brighter days are ahead. I'm really happy you and your dog are alive and well.

bobblehead

Veteran
Ok I've given out too much rep in the past 24hs... Gonna leave the rest of you messages later.

I've been working on the house the past few days... Made a lot of progress. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a bitch. I'm both cognitively and physically impaired. I can only do a good 4-5hs of work right now before I can't really process things. Luckily leadbyexample52 came through to help out. If anyone in the Auburn Hills/Detroit area needs help, he is a good guy and a hard worker. He just moved to Michigan and can use work and friends. I can't say enough good things about the guy. He helped me get most of the trash out of my basement. We loaded up a small trailer to take to the dump. There's gonna be a couple dump runs at least... Some of the floor joists need to be sistered. The structural damage was minimal. My floors aren't as well off as I had hoped. Now that they're drying out some of the subfloor is warping... :( Major bummer. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad and I can sand down most of the grooves. The big ones are gonna need some work though. Overall I was lucky and the damage really was minimal despite appearances.

The ballast in question was a first generation 600w galaxy. It was fried from the inside out, the only ballast like that. Its already in the trash, but the plugs were melted, and the resin they use to seal the internals was coming out of all the cracks. The exterior of the ballast wasn't scorched. The fire dept said the fire appeared to be electric as well... I mean I was only burning 10.8kw in light alone... So I guess anything is possible. :shrug:

Like I've said in my previous posts, I'm just happy that my dog and I made it out alive. IDK what I would do without her. I would be so depressed IDK that I would have any energy to clean.

Before disaster struck, I was getting back on the automation bandwagon... I bought wifi moisture/temperature sensors, as well as a wifi irrigation controller. This would allow me to see the moisture level and temps of my beds anywhere in the world, and with the irrigation controller, I could irrigate the beds from anywhere in the world. Now that would be peace of mind!

These sensors are completely sealed, with the battery inside. $40. You just bury it in the pot or bed. That's the idea anyway. They should last several years.
69530.jpg

http://www.smarthome.com/69530/Cao-Gadgets-Wireless-Water-Sensor/p.aspx

You have to order a receiver, and they have other gadgets like motion sensors, FIRE DETECTORS, etc... That will send you an email or text to your phone! I had been considering a security system, but I didn't want to have the cops rolling by my house if I didn't answer the call for a false alarm. I had finally figured out a self contained economical security system!

and this is the irrigation controller I was going to use... $200
IrrigationCaddyW1-4.jpg

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/IrrigationCaddyW1-p/irrigationcaddyw1.htm

Of course I'm returning these goodies now, so maybe someone else would like to give them a shot... I figured if I was going to have a shot at a vacation though, this was the way.

I had a bad feeling this past grow. I was just waiting for something to go wrong. For the past couple weeks I wasn't sleeping at night. I was up until 3-4-5am, every night. Just couldn't sleep. The night of the fire I decided to make myself go to bed a little early, at 12am. Woke up around 3am to the house full of smoke. After not sleeping all night fri/sat after being in the hospital, and sleeping on and off the rest of the weekend... I finally got a full nights sleep Monday night. It felt good.

Anyway... I just wanted to drop by and let you guys know what's up. I really appreciate all the nice messages. The immediate future is somewhat uncertain, but the long term is still the same. The plan was always to get out of growing on a more than personal scale. Indoor growing is a failing industry. The grows are getting bigger and bigger, and its dangerous to live with that under you. Please keep this in mind. Before I started, I put in a new 200A panel, did all the wiring so I knew it was safe. I didn't want to buy new lights because I had planned on retiring soon. The old ballast did me in. I didn't have a fire extinguisher. I didn't build the room with sheet rock. There wasn't a smoke detector in the grow. There's so many things I would have done differently in retrospect... but that's why the industry is moving into greater regulation. People like me setting their houses on fire.

That's enough out of me for now... I have doctor appts I'm supposed to be scheduling and shit...

edit: lololol just checked the news and there was a tornado in the town where my other house is. The whole town is without power. Good thing I left that place shut down or I'd be out another crop!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Holy shit dude so glad you and your dog are ok... thats whats important obviously

i was about to set up a room with a propane burner,, now i will definitely use tanks instead.

love ya bobble hit me up if you are ever in cali

ayekay

How long did you have the ballast for?

Although its a horrible event that occurred, you're indirectly helping hundreds of people make the smarter decision.
Shopping list: a smoke detector, fire extinguisher, high temp shut off for subpanel/light controller. Now for the record... The propane wasnt the cause of the fire? Been thinkin bout gettin' a co2 gen and this incident makes me think tanks are the way to go...

I never understood why, when you're a kid, and they explain to you, "When there is a fire, just get out without your animals." Props on saving the pup.
I think that seems to be the general consensus.. none of us would know what to do without our dog. Unconditional love at its best.

Enough rambling though, takin a dab for your loss.

bobblehead

Veteran
There is no certainty about the ballast being the cause... I was asleep when everything started. I just think it's telling that I had a few scorched ballasts, but only one roasted on the inside with minimal burns to the exterior. If the propane had gone first, I would think there would have been more damage in the grow. Believe it or not all of my plants were still alive after the fire. It was the dividing wall that burned. Not enough O2 for an explosion in a sealed room, thankfully.

Either way I would never use a propane burner with an indoor grow again. Bottled CO2 only. Even if you remote the propane tank, as soon as the tube burns, propane is dumped into the room... which is what happened with me. Unloaded a new 20 lb tank.

Life grows on.

Attachments

• 20140619_115606.jpg
    20140619_115606.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 13
  • 20140619_120332.jpg
    20140619_120332.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 14

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Nice beans'n clover! You just reminded me, apparently I've been too lazy to get out the hoops I rigged last year. No benefit of humidity for me :(

Watch'a gon' do with that pile there on the right? :D

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
lol I see a few packs of Rez Wonder Haze, I've got a few packs myself that I have been meaning to pop for years now :)

Glad you're getting back on track bro, ya can't kill a good thing.

Peace,
HGO

Latest posts

Latest posts