What's new

bobblehead overtakes

bobblehead

Veteran
Good luck on the chop broseph.....let us know that you hit the 2 GPW!:jump:

lol I'm not even close bro... russet mites, low temps and over-watered plants... Come on now, weren't you following the thread? Must be that virus that's kickin you in the ass... Drive safe dewd.

Hey bobble, that's some great info right there. I'll be sure to write those parameters down somewhere as I'm remodeling my doughnut to incorporate 2 stacked 600's. I also wanted to thank you for all the explanations on blumats, I spent a year trying to get them to work and only now do I realize I was doing just about everything wrong with the res and lines.

I'll have another go at it all this time because a year of growing ripoff genetics that weren't worth the smoke inhalation and blaming it all on bugs and other random mishaps plus relocating has got me pretty frustrated and broke.

best of luck :tiphat:

Yeah man, sometimes you gotta do something over and over again before you get it right. Don't get discouraged. I focus a lot on my problems, but really, I'm doing great... I could be in much worse shape. Just remember that every harvest is a successful harvest.

bobblehead

Veteran
Speaking of a successful harvest... :D This one turned out better than anticipated! I had lost hope to be honest, thinking 1-2lbs... I'm pretty sure I have about 3lbs of NERF footballs... Straw DD @ 10 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

To give you guys an idea of how the bonsai hero helps... This is about 1/3 my trim, the pile to the left I trimmed manually with fiskars, the pile to the right w/ the bonsai hero. The pile to the right really accumulates fast. I got through the whole pile in about 8hs. Now I'm almost as fast as DHF.
picture.php

And these are my stems, cut at the very base above the root ball... Whoever says numbers don't dictate yield needs to compare their pile of tree stems to mine for w/e the yield is... The bud to stem ratio is way better in the SOG.
picture.php

V

Vampire

Luv what u did boobie; great idea letting lites double as heat source.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bobblehead again.

As usual in this thread, this message keeps popping up a lot. Keep it green homey.

aod

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Bonsai Hero's are the shit. Nice to know someone else uses them to produce quality nugs

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Sorry about the power lose at the grow, hope it comes back soon. I just spent 18 hours rebuilding my flower room, except the hour I spent shoveling 20 inches of snow out of the drive. I was lucky I didn't lose power I guess.

Can't wait to get that Straw DD in the new room. It is just starting to root now. Same with the USD.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DUDE that looks awesome...we chop Tuesday!

BTW got home Saturday after driving from Portland, OR to Stockton, CA, jumped in myu car then to Santa Cruz, Ca...kinda tired.

Last edited:
D

DHF

That`s my boy.......Glad yas were pleasantly surprised with more nuggage than was anticipated....and bout that trimmin faster than me usin fiskars.....

I learned the hard way long long time ago as a1 man show to get rid of everything on the vine BEFORE chop and trim , and the only thing to be trimmed on donkey dicks before hangin were the lil sugar leaves juttin out the colas...... simple....babyshit....

Bonsai Hero ftw Bro....keep up the good work........BTW.....

Who the fuck would find ANY of your posts "not helpful"....I worry bout folks sometimes...

Hopefully it was a mistake...anyways.....

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice nuggage bobble, glad to hear you've had a pleasant surprise after a couple nasty ones homie. Your good peeps that deserve some good luck, screw wheoever gave u neg rep unless it was a mistake :D lol! U post way to much good info and show ur warts and all for anybody to be pulling that shit. And damn that chemD bud looked so dank :joint: who'd wanna neg rep that :D

What's the plan with the blumats? U having them in the SOG rooms? Sorry if you've explained already but this thread moves fast!

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Look at that! Really smooth work right there bobble, even with all the screw ups and shit storms you've managed to pull a very good harvest of what looks like some very very dank buds. I'm over the moon for you my man, I'm so pleased that it's working out for ya because you really deserve it, man you've had a hard time with that house and now look at everything! Great example that hard work pays off!

Oh and them Bonsai Hero trimmers...I have to get a pair!

Congrats and respect,
HGO

bobblehead

Veteran
Luv what u did boobie; great idea letting lites double as heat source.

boobie? lol... I'll take it as a term of endearment... And thanks! :D It does make more sense to run extra light as opposed to a space heater during lights on, huh?

dude... SICK. Looks like a super sweet harvey. Nugs look GREAT. Well done!

Thanks bro. The Straw DD I found from seed... She's a monster. Just goes to show that not everything elite comes to you from a clone.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bobblehead again.

As usual in this thread, this message keeps popping up a lot. Keep it green homey.

aod

Thanks for the support broski! I'll smoke enough to celebrate for the both of us! :D

:dance013:

Bonsai Hero's are the shit. Nice to know someone else uses them to produce quality nugs[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=33837&pictureid=847333&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Nice! I love mine. Easily cuts time by 2/3's, except for the foxtailing sativas... They work pretty well on NERF footballs. :)

Sorry about the power lose at the grow, hope it comes back soon. I just spent 18 hours rebuilding my flower room, except the hour I spent shoveling 20 inches of snow out of the drive. I was lucky I didn't lose power I guess.

Can't wait to get that Straw DD in the new room. It is just starting to root now. Same with the USD.

You're going to love the Straw DD bro... She's a champ. I have never not grown fat and potent buds with her. These are by far the fattest though. FYI, keep the veg nutes full strength through week 5, and then cut them in half for week 6 and use some MPK. She'll just swell and swell...

bobblehead

Veteran
DUDE that looks awesome...we chop Tuesday!

BTW got home Saturday after driving from Portland, OR to Stockton, CA, jumped in myu car then to Santa Cruz, Ca...kinda tired.

Damn bro... Rest up! U've got a big harvest coming up. Can't wait to see pics. I'm sure you just killed it this time.

That`s my boy.......Glad yas were pleasantly surprised with more nuggage than was anticipated....and bout that trimmin faster than me usin fiskars.....

I learned the hard way long long time ago as a1 man show to get rid of everything on the vine BEFORE chop and trim , and the only thing to be trimmed on donkey dicks before hangin were the lil sugar leaves juttin out the colas...... simple....babyshit....

Bonsai Hero ftw Bro....keep up the good work........BTW.....

Who the fuck would find ANY of your posts "not helpful"....I worry bout folks sometimes...

Hopefully it was a mistake...anyways.....

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

Yeah I'm sure the not helpful thing was a mistake... I've done it countless times with my touch scree devices. I can't be angry at anyone when I've done it myself... lol I mean who finds a Chem D bud shot unhelpful? Anyone who's jealous they've never got to smoke it I guess... lol...

I didn't go through and take all the fans this time b/c I felt that the plants had already been through enough stress, and there wasn't exactly an overcrowding problem... I did go through and take most of the laterals though, as well as some of the fans. What really makes the difference though is trimming up large colas instead of little branches of budlets... There wasn't hardly any larf, mostly fat nugs.

Nice nuggage bobble, glad to hear you've had a pleasant surprise after a couple nasty ones homie. Your good peeps that deserve some good luck, screw wheoever gave u neg rep unless it was a mistake :D lol! U post way to much good info and show ur warts and all for anybody to be pulling that shit. And damn that chemD bud looked so dank :joint: who'd wanna neg rep that :D

What's the plan with the blumats? U having them in the SOG rooms? Sorry if you've explained already but this thread moves fast!

No worries, I'll repeat myself... :D B/c I have something to add.

I have 100 blumats, 48 go in the octagon with the custom bags, then I'm gonna put 40 in the room with racks. I'm not going to build another octagon until I actually have enough clones to fill the first one, ya know? That leaves me with 12 blumats for moms.

Now I lost power Saturday morning b/c of a freak snow storm we got in norther Michigan. Ichabod got like 2'+ of snow... I would say I got about the same. There was nothing I could do, so after getting 4hs of sleep after an 8 hour trimming session, and waiting 2hs for the power to come back on... I had to leave. So now I'm thinking to myself, what happens when it's hot out and I lose power, and the plants have no way to get water and they're in these small pots so that I can fit more plants in the same space... Cause I have 2 more rooms to build, and I was gonna feed them DTW. I'm thinking I should go all in with the blumats at this location, and get another location closer to the city and run that DTW. A simple legal medical grow to hedge my losses and show LEO should the need arise.

No matter how much I smoke... My brain never shuts off...

Look at that! Really smooth work right there bobble, even with all the screw ups and shit storms you've managed to pull a very good harvest of what looks like some very very dank buds. I'm over the moon for you my man, I'm so pleased that it's working out for ya because you really deserve it, man you've had a hard time with that house and now look at everything! Great example that hard work pays off!

Oh and them Bonsai Hero trimmers...I have to get a pair!

Congrats and respect,
HGO

Thanks bro! I appreciate yours and everyone's kind words. I've never done an absentee grow like this, and there's been a LOT of unforeseen challenges, and others that could have been prevented.

It's not 2-3gpw yet... but we gotta walk before we run, yeah?

If you get the bonsai hero, order the replacement trimmers and source your own 12v power supply with banana clip receivers from china. (ebay)

D

DHF

Been hopin you`d kill it with your first run of blumats with your attention to detail so yas could be persuaded ta go all blumat at the remote location for ease of mind and maintenance ...

If it stays kosher at that spot , yas know yas gotta get a Liquid Propane or natural gas /whatever`s available in your area "Generac" or equivalent auxiliary generator ta keep lights and equipment hoonin ftw durin power outages.......Babysht compared to losin several rooms of production in rotation......

All about removin the variables....Once it`s in the budget and safe ta stay set up there.....All things to be determined ....and...

Already said awhile back bout settin up a fully functioning "Lame Duck" to take care of plant numbers in town for LEO to inspect closer to home and max that bitch out too if possible...I`m just sayin....

NO body knows how much yas pull but you , so variety is the spice of life and big plant numbers are the grey area bout how much each 1 can weigh come choptime yas know ?.........

Once Heath got movin hot and heavy in the OG and HG days , I never saw him run the same room or setup twice but he ALWAYS killed it cuz he paid attention to detail just like you Bro...

Hopin fer good things....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
looking great!congrats!

Thanks. :jump:

Been hopin you`d kill it with your first run of blumats with your attention to detail so yas could be persuaded ta go all blumat at the remote location for ease of mind and maintenance ...

If it stays kosher at that spot , yas know yas gotta get a Liquid Propane or natural gas /whatever`s available in your area "Generac" or equivalent auxiliary generator ta keep lights and equipment hoonin ftw durin power outages.......Babysht compared to losin several rooms of production in rotation......

All about removin the variables....Once it`s in the budget and safe ta stay set up there.....All things to be determined ....and...

Already said awhile back bout settin up a fully functioning "Lame Duck" to take care of plant numbers in town for LEO to inspect closer to home and max that bitch out too if possible...I`m just sayin....

NO body knows how much yas pull but you , so variety is the spice of life and plant numbers are the grey area bout how much each 1 can weigh come choptime yas know ?.........

Once Heath got movin hot and heavy in the OG and HG days , I never saw him run the same room or setup twice but he ALWAYS killed it cuz he paid attention to detail just like you Bro...

Hopin fer good things....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

I think I'm stuck with propane... Which sucks cause we have all sorts of natural gas in MI. I've actually been thinking about putting a generator in the garage as a backup... but I gotta make some money first. I've actually been thinking about keeping this place running longer than a year, and never saying anything about the mold. Great minds think alike I guess...

Every time I go to the house I have an asthma attack. It's insane. Mold and cat dander everywhere. I got tired of puffing on inhalers every 2hs, so I got a level 7 furnace filter that captures all that bullshit, and I pump air through it into my kitchen and create positive pressure to keep the mold out and me breathing clean air. I'm gonna do the same for the lung room (filter the intake), and backup filters for the grow rooms. Once everything is done and cleaned up, I have scrubs to change into as soon as I walk into the reservoir room from the garage, so as to not start contaminating everything. I can't see myself going through all of this, installing a generator, and then shutting it down right away. I know my situation, and it's as safe as it gets... ya know?

In the city where ya have people watching... that's another story. I NEED 4x4 to get IN and OUT of my house right now! lol... I just have to overtake the extreme environment. Adapt or perish...

Found what I'm looking for:
Generac 7kW Automatic Backup Power System $1800 up to a 10kW unit for $3000.
662a6551-083f-4595-a3a6-40c08bd21055_300.jpg

Last edited:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
You'll hit the mark soon bro just stick at it and you'll prevail!

Did you orders your from ebay? They came directly from China?

:D:D
HGO