What's new

bobblehead overtakes

bobblehead

Veteran
So funny story... This morning I got a text at 6:30am from my mom asking me why there is a marijuana plant in her house... Shit. I forgot those 2 little clones on the breezeway! Lol. I just needed to hydrate them and keep them out of the hot truck for a bit. So anyway, I told her to just go ahead and kill them... And she offered to keep them alive for me till next week! Hahaha... My mom hates what I do. Hates it. Too funny. I told her to just kill them.

G

greenmatter

you should have let her take care of em bobble

a clone is like a puppy ...... once you get to know em they are hard not to like.

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
So funny story... This morning I got a text at 6:30am from my mom asking me why there is a marijuana plant in her house... Shit. I forgot those 2 little clones on the breezeway! Lol. I just needed to hydrate them and keep them out of the hot truck for a bit. So anyway, I told her to just go ahead and kill them... And she offered to keep them alive for me till next week! Hahaha... My mom hates what I do. Hates it. Too funny. I told her to just kill them.

LOL

My mom has come along way. I have even showed her my grow a couple times and she always get kinda excited, looks at me and says..
"I feel like Im on WEEDS!"

Wont be showing pops the grow anytime soon.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
My mom has come a long way. She is still really against it. Which sucks for her cause both my sisters and my brother all smoke. My brother likes to grow too. My dad is actually the one who turned me on to growing. I can still remember the first real plants i ever saw. They were g13 and northern lights from the sssc that my dad and his friend ordered in the eighties. I fell in love right away. Then i got to smoke it and boy oh boy was it stronger than the brick mexican i was used to, lol. My dad told me stories about how everyone that smoked it said it was the best pot they had ever smoked. I agreed. Now my dad admits that the pot i grow is way better than anything he has grown-ever. He says it's just like on that show on tv. I taught you to grow and now your better than me. He and I fight alot, and thru the years the thing that brings us back together and keeps us close is our love for cannabis. Thanks alot guys, your post made me go down memory lane, where i haven't been for awhile:thank you:

W

willyweed

while you guys a talking mum's,mine passed away 2 and a half years ago and when i was going through her things to get rid of i found a brown envelope in one of the draws with my name on it,opened it up and there was about 2 oz of weed in it ! made me smile ,had to laugh as i thought i had lost that about 6 months before.god bless ya mum !

bobblehead

Veteran
What are you just stupid? You need to get a degree.

Just one?

LOL

My mom has come along way. I have even showed her my grow a couple times and she always get kinda excited, looks at me and says..
"I feel like Im on WEEDS!"

Wont be showing pops the grow anytime soon.

Lol... Yeah Mom has come a long ways... Dad I found out can't keep a secret, which is funny, because he's the one that taught me how to keep a secret. I decided to tell my parents what I was doing before I bought my first house. I think before I rented my condo. Anyway, when I bought my first house, I told them about it b/c I needed some advise as I've never bought a house before, and they had bought a few... And just to be honest with someone in my life... So the story was that I bought this house to grow, but if it comes up, i 'm fixing it up to rent it out and make money. Well Dad just went and told the whole family about the house I bought, without telling me. So then I bought a second house, saw these family members, and I'm telling them about my newest house and they're asking about my first house... Dad has told me stories about how he told his coworker about how I'm supporting myself growing medical marijuana... So Dad will not be touring the grow anytime soon.

My mom has come a long way. She is still really against it. Which sucks for her cause both my sisters and my brother all smoke. My brother likes to grow too. My dad is actually the one who turned me on to growing. I can still remember the first real plants i ever saw. They were g13 and northern lights from the sssc that my dad and his friend ordered in the eighties. I fell in love right away. Then i got to smoke it and boy oh boy was it stronger than the brick mexican i was used to, lol. My dad told me stories about how everyone that smoked it said it was the best pot they had ever smoked. I agreed. Now my dad admits that the pot i grow is way better than anything he has grown-ever. He says it's just like on that show on tv. I taught you to grow and now your better than me. He and I fight alot, and thru the years the thing that brings us back together and keeps us close is our love for cannabis. Thanks alot guys, your post made me go down memory lane, where i haven't been for awhile:thank you:

Yeah I don't always get along with my dad... But I just talked him into buying another house because they're so cheap right now! So we can talk about remodeling and stuff now. It helps give us some common ground.

while you guys a talking mum's,mine passed away 2 and a half years ago and when i was going through her things to get rid of i found a brown envelope in one of the draws with my name on it,opened it up and there was about 2 oz of weed in it ! made me smile ,had to laugh as i thought i had lost that about 6 months before.god bless ya mum !

Haha! Nice story! Gotta love Mom!

bobblehead

Veteran
So recently I decided reflectors aren't so bad, right? Summer is right around the corner, and I'm thinking about how I'm gonna cool my grow... I don't have the money for the mini-split yet, and its getting hot. Hoods are expensive as hell, and the metal radiates heat... But I saw my friend's grow and he's cooling 4k with a 6" fan scrubber combo, and oversized duct... So I got to thinking... And I bought 4- 8" fool tubes and some 8" R8 insulated duct. I plan on using it with a 6" fan/scrubber combo. I'm gonna do some light intensity testing, as well as temps with and without fool tubes... Put some more controversy to rest. With no metal to radiate heat and the duct being insulated to trap heat I'm betting temps are going to drop. The light lost directly above and below the lamps is minimal and isn't normally captured in a vert grow anyway. I also bought 100' of orca.

Updates later as I get ready to remodel a grow.

RespectGreen

Veteran
Are you talking about my 4k? It's a 6x24 scrubber that a 6-8 reducer is connected to with two 8" fans pulling air through, one in the middle of the first 2 lights and last 2.... Then another 8" fan pulling at the end of it..... then there's another 8" fan on the intake, at 3/4 speed on a speed controller to make for neg pressure...

I'd just drop the $ on the split though man, by a 24k btu or something you can find them cheap..... My "ghetto" room yielded no where near my sealed room, and the sealed room consistantly and in relatively easy, non stressful way......

Unsealed yielded 5.5, in the sealed room the lowest I've hit is 7, and the most is almost 9! Easily will pay for it's self.....

N its only a 2 month investment till you get all your cash back, I know ya got the clones waiting...... Telling ya split ftw, if I could I'd put the other 3 ton in my unsealed room, just don't have any room in terms of amps, and don't want to 4 acs going.... Might look a little weird, already have three in May lol

Oh and the unsealed room stunk, I had to go buy another can70, and throw a 10" vortex to help out

Any help man just ask, ya know I got you..... I know you will excel horizontally..... It's much less stress even sogging.....

Btw how'd u like the buds? Hoping they test decent lol

bobblehead

Veteran
Hahaha... I guess I should have looked closer... And maybe not so stoned.. :) I'm only cooling a couple 600's so I should be ok.

I'll have the cash to do it right soon enough... Just gotta do something for the next run, so I can get it going now. No need to have any downtime.

The buds are nice... I'm sure they're gonna test well.

Sunnyvale

Nice grow bobble! Just joined up over here from another site for the vert forums. I'm currently on my first vert grow and reading through your thread has helped a lot. I'm gonna hang out a while and see if I can learn a thing or two :smoke out:

V

Veg N Out

Its worth having a week or two of down time to make the next 4 months cake.

bobblehead

Veteran
I have to upgrade my fuse box as well as get the mini-split... So I'm looking at $3,500 for both. I would like to get it all done right away... But I have a lot of bills with 2 properties. I think that I need to upgrade the fuse box now, and get the mini-split next. I have central air in this house, and I don't plan on running more than 1200w vented outside. I'll be able to run more light, and shut down the other house when I have the proper upgrades.

RespectGreen

Veteran
A fuse box isn't too much... Your talking adding a sub panel, or or replacing main panel? That's not very much, look at fujitsu for AC, they have cheap units.... Also not just that, but a lot of people are reccing them out.... I see they aren't made for low temps, do some research though.... I garauntee you could do it for 25 as long you aren't getting a 3 ton or something

Fujitsu does have additional heat pumps though, which would allow it to work below freezing... At least thats what Ive been reading within the last 5 minutes.... Lol I'm sure you'll do your research

DrFever

Veteran
BH With proper air exchange from your set up ..... it should work fine do things in stages plan then plan more no money should come out of your pocket lol
IMO if you want to invest in anything i think this should be on top of your list or a additional 8" vortex fan for a couple of hundred
not like your running 10k your only running 1200 watts

dam i ran 3k with constant 80 degree outside air with no issues room runs hotter but with c02 enrichment works perfect @ 83- 86 degrees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh3CrcMXBzk

Attachments

• IMG_0733.jpg
    IMG_0733.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 12

Sunnyvale

I have to upgrade my fuse box as well as get the mini-split... So I'm looking at $3,500 for both. I would like to get it all done right away... But I have a lot of bills with 2 properties. I think that I need to upgrade the fuse box now, and get the mini-split next. I have central air in this house, and I don't plan on running more than 1200w vented outside. I'll be able to run more light, and shut down the other house when I have the proper upgrades.

I am a journeyman electrician, if you ever have any questions feel free to run em by me. That is a very smart decision to go with the mini-split, and if you're having to upgrade your fuse box because you are out of room look into split breakers. They combine 2 breakers into 1 space.

bobblehead

Veteran
A fuse box isn't too much... Your talking adding a sub panel, or or replacing main panel? That's not very much, look at fujitsu for AC, they have cheap units.... Also not just that, but a lot of people are reccing them out.... I see they aren't made for low temps, do some research though.... I garauntee you could do it for 25 as long you aren't getting a 3 ton or something

Fujitsu does have additional heat pumps though, which would allow it to work below freezing... At least thats what Ive been reading within the last 5 minutes.... Lol I'm sure you'll do your research

Thanks for the help. We'll get it sorted!

I have to upgrade the whole box, as I have screw-in bulb type fuses. They only allow me to run 120, and I need 240 for the mini-split. I also have to upgrade the wire from the main to the house. I was quoted $1k.

BH With proper air exchange from your set up ..... it should work fine do things in stages plan then plan more no money should come out of your pocket lol
IMO if you want to invest in anything i think this should be on top of your list or a additional 8" vortex fan for a couple of hundred
not like your running 10k your only running 1200 watts

dam i ran 3k with constant 80 degree outside air with no issues room runs hotter but with c02 enrichment works perfect @ 83- 86 degrees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh3CrcMXBzk

Thanks DrFever. Respect might be able to hook me up with a cheap mini-split, so if that works out I'll be able to do the full upgrade. I'm definitely going with a computerized environmental controller. Those things are the shit.

I am a journeyman electrician, if you ever have any questions feel free to run em by me. That is a very smart decision to go with the mini-split, and if you're having to upgrade your fuse box because you are out of room look into split breakers. They combine 2 breakers into 1 space.

Thanks for the offer. Like I told respect, I only have a 100amp bulb type panel. I need at least 150amps to do what I want and still live in my house.

Sunnyvale

I have to upgrade the whole box, as I have screw-in bulb type fuses. They only allow me to run 120, and I need 240 for the mini-split. I also have to upgrade the wire from the main to the house. I was quoted $1k.

Have you talked to your local power company? I know where I am as long as you upgrade your panel the power company will upgrade everything from the street pole the the panel for free. They want you to use more power. The more power you use the more money they make so they look at it as an investment. Might be worth a shot :dunno: