What's new

Bob Marley Fans

Safari

I've always been a casual fan of Bob Marley. I of course have his legend CD, but I need advice on what other albums to purchase. I have been doing some reading about the man and I saw a documentary about him on tv. Ever since my wife and I went to Jamaica last year I have been really interested in his life and his music. He was truly a remarkable person.

So where do I start. I know there are some big Bob fans on these boards, so please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

G

yeah, i'll second the live bob marley. i've always casually liked his studio stuff, but i LOVE me some live bob marley. he performs with such intensity.

bluebuble, awesome link! listening to some moe right now!

id have to say im also a casual listener, but in my opinion, you cant go wrong with any song. one of my favs has to be 'iron lion zion.'

also try looking for some of his live concert stuff, you may like 'catch a fire.'
crazy story, my sister used to date the nephew of the "white wailer" if you watch catch a fire, they interview him, hes a cool cat!

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
Well you are on a stoner forum lol. I'm only 18 so I never got to see him. Ziggy played some of his dad's shit at his concert which was cool. No favorite song here.
peace

G

Bob was the fucking man, love his stuff. I'm with High&Lonesome his live stuff is my favorite, such power and influence in his work.

My fav. live album
live_at_the_roxy.jpg

Also a discography
Marley Discography

G

"LIke most popular artists, Bob Marley wrote about sexual love, but his palette also contained the blazing yellows of a militant spirituality; a blood-red hatred of racism, colonialism, and oppression; and a sky-blue yearning for personal, artistic, political and social freedom."

:joint:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
essential albums by marley and the wailers are:

- rastaman vibration
- uprising
- kaya
- talking blues
- natural mystic

and many of the others already mentioned, but the above are studio recordings.
paz