What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blumat drippers

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High guys :wave:

I was browsing the coco forum and really like the look of these drippers... will save me lots of time and the results speak for themselves...

So where the bloody hell do i get them here in oceania?

I found some on ebay in UK but would rather buy local :rasta:

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah awesome thats the ticket! :rasta:

Now time for a wee bit more research before i part with my hard earned moolah...

:smoweed:

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey i found a bargain on ebay and bought 50.

They are very good and very easy to setup. Highly recommended! :rasta:

Globule

Hey Silver,

I'm two weeks into flower on my first grow using coco and Blumats for a 5-plant 400w cabinet scrog and really liking them a lot.

Had a run of bad luck with my last few grows in DWC so wanted to switch to a growing method that meant less time in the grow room and more time with my family and so far coco and Blumats has given me that I'm happy to say.

After the initial effort to get the Blumats dialed in (which was fairly straight forward) it has been really easy to keep them chugging along.

I hit an issue with the feed line getting clogged at the res bucket thru-hull fitting and cutting of the nutrient supply to the drippers as a result, but fixed it by adding an airstone and Drip-Clean to the res and hand feeding Rhizotonic rather than adding it to the res.

Am going to add a 2nd larger res that cycles and auto tops-off the main feeding bucket to further prevent any clogginess. The NSW summer heat isn't helping matters much either :(

Will post up a journal of my first coco-blumat grow on Icmag shortly and post a link here.

I say give them a crack as I'm a novice grower and my plants are lush and happy and the coco-blumat setup requires minimal maintenance time.
Getting much better results and having an easier time of it than with DWC for sure.

Good growing to you!

Globule

Forgot to mention that I ordered 20 Troph Blumats (plus extra feeding line and misc spare parts) direct from Blumat (Germany or Austria?) and they arrived in plain packaging in Australia 10 days later unopened by customs.

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one i like using them. Have yet to see the full potential but using them outdoors should do the trick!

In the main blumat thread Sunnydog recommends no airstone in the res in case of air bubbles in the line just so you are aware... but if its working so far then so good.

:smoweed:

Globule

Good point.

I read that thread thoroughly before I set mine up - MASSIVE help! Great thread which no doubt saved me a ton of headaches.

From (slightly hazey) memory I think Sunny Dog has two thru-hull connectors coming out of his res in a loop.

My setup mimics one of the other posters idea of having a single thru-hull connector from the res leading to a T-join and a length of extra feeding tube running up the side of the res vertically for the air-bubbles to escape while the other end of the T runs down to the Blumats. Like an air escape valve type thing.

Haven't had any trouble with air bubbles in the feed line yet but I also purge a bit of the nute solution from a tap at the end of the 8mm feed line which is supposed to help.

My 3mm drip lines also hang below the 8mm feed line which runs downhill on a steady decline which could help to keep bubbles out of the drip line. Still new to this though so time will tell :)

Did you get the Blumat Maxis for your outdoor grow or are you running the little distribution dripper things?
Are you using the pressure reducer connected to water main or feeding from a res?

Blumats definitely give me confidence to be away from my grow for a week or so whereas before it has meant death to my DWC grows. Don't want to get too cocky just yet until I get through this grow though...

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Havent set it all up yet. But i think 2 regular blumats for large pots will be fine, i might get the distribution things too perhaps.

I have it all running with regular 13mm and 4mm tubing. Off a mains tap and yup pressure reducer. Once they all dialed in a nice layer of straw mulch will be applied to keep the top evenly moist.

This will be great for organics as most of the biological action is happening in the top layer of soil.

Indoors i have a foodgrade plastic res with double outlet. Pics in my album.

I found these perfect black plastic pots on ebay. 18litre bucket with holes fits inside a 24litre with no holes. That way any runoff just drips through and no worries with drowning roots. They love it and poke right through becoming aeroponic roots kinda... :smoke:

Globule

Nice one. Those pots were a good find!

I'm running five #2 smartpots for this grow with 3 x Chocolope Kush and 2 x Holy Grail Kush.

Never tried smartpots before but they seem to be working really well with the coco + blumats.

Photo below is when I first installed the blumats (about 5 weeks ago):

picture.php

N

noyd666

Havent set it all up yet. But i think 2 regular blumats for large pots will be fine, i might get the distribution things too perhaps.

I have it all running with regular 13mm and 4mm tubing. Off a mains tap and yup pressure reducer. Once they all dialed in a nice layer of straw mulch will be applied to keep the top evenly moist.

This will be great for organics as most of the biological action is happening in the top layer of soil.

Indoors i have a foodgrade plastic res with double outlet. Pics in my album.

I found these perfect black plastic pots on ebay. 18litre bucket with holes fits inside a 24litre with no holes. That way any runoff just drips through and no worries with drowning roots. They love it and poke right through becoming aeroponic roots kinda... :smoke:

[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=5838&pictureid=968356&=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=5838&pictureid=968358&=1"]View Image[/URL]
:) i recognised the milk crates:biggrin:

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mmm Kush it up bro. The smartpots are excellent i like to make diy versions outdoors with bamboo and landscape cloth. Let those roots breath mate. :D

Looks nice and 21st century compared to my slightly grubby grow room...

Milk crates all the way bru! :smoke:

Globule

Hehe nah just cleaned up for the photos :)

You should see the rest of the garage. Like some one closed the cabinet door and sharted everywhere.

Worse than "The Cat In The Hat Comes Back" before the "Voom" is unleashed!

Globule

The reassuring drippy wet patch of Blumat meeting coco:

Wee cabinet of goodness:

Day 12 of 12/12 (46 days from seed):
(Chocolope Kush center/left, Holy Grail Kush right)

Loving the Blumats
smile.gif

KITCHA

Veteran
Saw there is an Aus seller on eBay who is the blumat distributed here, prices look similar to the prices on the blumat site but stock is sent from QLD! I bet they would work a treat in coco beds 6 sensors every square meter for good coverage : )

Globule

Nice one Kitcha.
Good to know there is a domestic supplier for Blumats now in Oz.

Have you thought about using the distribution drippers in your coco bed instead of 6 Blumat units?
Would work out a bit cheaper to setup but I guess using 6 individual units would give you the benefit of some unit failure insurance if one should get blocked.