What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLUEBERRY

Soft Smoke

Growing from seed isn't just that it takes longer, its that you dont know until you grow out to flower what your going to get. You may get a bunch of horny males ar even a bunch of hermies. The real reason people like to grow from clones is control. You know what phenotypes you'll get and what sex they will be. The reason people like to grow from seed is the flip side of that coin. You may find a wonderful little gem that can give you a mother you will cherish for years.

If you are new and on a tight budget, grow from clones to cut down on your start up times then go to seed once your established to really get to know how this wonderful plant grows. You may develop your own hybrids or just try to find the perfect mother. either way its alll good

Peace

SS

yoman

ive a very good yielding dp blueberry. its growing very tall, very fruity and 8weeks flowering....nice plant...

MK-Ultra

I grew out Dutch Passions Blueberry, Never found the Potency i was looking for but did find some very Berrylicious plants that were very berry during flowering and after cure even stronger and tasted berry too. very crystal covered and tight buds but lacked in potency, Later on down the road i'm definetly going to get DJ's True Blueberry and Dutch Passions Blueberry and do a grow of Both at the same time. I think this will be a very berry good idea.lol. I hope to find a couple Purple Males in Both dj's True Blueberry and Dutch Passions Blueberry so i can put those males in a special place and play with them later, may cross the two strains together for my own use to see what comes of them and i will be looking for some potent strains to cross them with to maybe add more potency hopefully, but i hope i find a Keeper in Both Varities. I had a few keeper's last time, Yield/Taste/Smell berry /Color, Tight buds all there and crystals just lacked in potency. but i will re-try the Dutch Passion and get some DJ's True Blueberry just to see what i find in these two. Alway's nice to have some tasty,colorful purple budded,crystal covered berry bud around. I'm going to do a search tonight to see if anyone has grown out
DJ's Trueblueberry and Dutch Passions Blueberry at the same time to see what they found and how they liked to two. Postem up if you got any pics everyone, would like to see more pics and info on these two Bluberry strains. Peace

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Blueberry is one of the very best strains availible in seed form....
You need to grow a full pack and better yet to grow 2 packs as you assure yourself of finding something special and truly worthy of keeping as a mother plant for clone propagation...

Odor/Flavor and Potency are excellent in some individuals....You must keep a copy of each plant you flower so you can keep the very best for a mother..
The reason you see a few negative or not so good reports is due to only growing out a few females or just bad luck.....The special plants are there,you just have to go get er'.......

THC•20

Got BB right now. 7 weeks and 2 days. Took 2 cuttings and flowering the mom. Didn't wanna do it like that but at this rate I'll never get bud before Christmas break. So in desperation for bud during the Christmas I decided to flower the mom now and hopefully the clones survive and I can use one to be a mother again if I like it..At first BB is really a very strange thing, stretchy and growth rate of mine was slower than a snail. I can't speak for all the BB's, maybe it's one of the unworthy seeds of BB. That's what I thought at first but right now it's doing quite damn fine. At first it seemed to have some type of life threating deficiency. I did what I could and I guess it eventually recovered. Now it's just a nice bush with leaves bigger than my ****in hand. They are like the size of a ****in baseball mitten. I don't see my self doing a mass grow of this plant in my closet, those little buds are gonna be shaded so bad by the light. Also the smell..wow, I might have to do an emergency chop. Let me tell you these things are only vegging and the minute you hit the basement..if your nose knows what it's smellin you can tell there's a skunky odor down there. Anyone that grows could spot it out. Lol of course things doesn't get better if it's gonna flower. If it gets any louder than it is now I might have to abort the BB grow. The other plant I have going on the other hand is perfect, which is a cross of nycdxcotton candyxs.a.g.e and something else I forgot. Nice small compact little plant with skinny leaves at 8 weeks of vegging. I think it's going to be perfect and I'm gonna keep that as my mom.. but I thought I'd give my opinion on BB since I'm doing that too at the moment.

I have grown both Dj Shorts Blueberry around 2002 and Dj Shorts True Blueberry a year ago. now first things first they are two completely different beast. True Blueberry can easily be grown by a newbie/novice it produces nicely and for most noobs it would be highly desirable because the buds,stalks, fans everything turns deep purple and gives off a very strong blueberry aroma, easy manicure, easy with nutes, not complicated at all and if you are a first time grower that is currently smoking reggie/mids I would highly suggest it or if you are a connoisseur that enjoys alot of different types of smoke or would like to breed True Blue has wonderful breeding characteristics. BUT if you are looking for potency ie STRENGTH steer far away from TRUE BLUEBERRY it has no potency wonderful taste, aroma, flavor, aesthetics, just no kick.

Now Original Blueberry from DJ Short is Primo Bud/smoke true connoisseur quality this is it. trouble is as stated by others it is extremely tricky to grow; pest especially mites seem to burrow throw concrete to get to the original blueberry and it seems no matter how much neem oil is sprayed on when they are seedlings/clones pest will still come later on when they start releasing there truly unique effervesance odors/smell I have had gardens with 2-10 blueberry plants mixed in with other strains and mites will only be on the blueberry lol and this is was in a garden that had never had pest of anykind let alone mites, another issue is Nutes, Blueberry is extremely finicky and if even slightly over fertilized or over watered it will mutate, Temps are the final concern with original blueberry these plants do not like high temps at all it will effect everything from yield to aesthetics, But if DJ Shorts original Blueberry is DIALED IN it rivals the best bud out in this stratosphere

yts farmer

Veteran
@ Hold Your Fire.

imho the bubbleberry smokes so good it has a very prominant berry bubblegum flavour and aroma and has good potency to go with it.

those plants had a very hard life as the suffered with root rot but the buds were outstanding.its safe to say for me its the best tasting herb ive grown,bought.smoked to date.

i had 3 harvests of bubbleberry(1 unsuccesfull)and was smoking it for a good 9-10 months solid.i built up a bit of a tolerence to it butthe flavour was just to good to turn down.

yts farmer

Veteran
keep your eyes peeled on the weekend specials as i picked up a pack about 6 weeks ago as i missed it so much.its been on special a few times the last 2 months.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
There's a thread on here about the new true blueberry,(check it out) I think it's in Legends seeds forum.Anyway,Red describes what the intended blueberry pheno is supposed ta taste like.It isn't blueberry at all but rather a earthy,soily,musky,kush taste.To me it's taste is alot like hashplant.Not what I was hopin for,ta say the least.I was hopin he had found one that did taste like BB and isolated it in the new true BB line,no such luck tho.It is the same as the old only easier ta find the described pheno.I went through 3 packs (2-DJ's an 1 DP) before I read this,and ta be honest was quit bummed out about it.Although I did find a pheno that is very hardy from it all and is very potent there's jus no BB taste.Mine does have twinge of sweetness but it's not BB by any stretch of the imagination.Btw I found the pheno I kept in the DP pack,same as the phenos I found in DJ's packs only hardier and less finicky.Luck of the draw there I'm sure.Not slammin DJ, but if ya call somthin Blueberry,it should taste like Blue Berries god damn it! esp fer the price of his beans! and that's all I got ta say about that...Take care...BC

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Holy Smokes Yall!

Holy Smokes Yall!

I didn't mean ta be a Debbie Downer and kill this thread! lol later,BC