What's new

Blueberry Yellow leaves in early veg phase

thunderpob

Highlander - simple is about all i can manage.

i think all will be well as she is now just about the same colour as the other 4 and i have added some more soil to bring them closer to the top of the pots to help the with air circulation

Yellow Marsha a Few Days Ago

New and Improved Marsha

Colour comparison

Cheers for all the advice and any one interested in seeing how things pan out, i am filling in a grow diary, i am not exactly Ernest Hemingway but all the facts are there.
My Winter outdoor Shed Grow

Peace

:joint:

thunderpob

slowly improving

i think i have lost the lower fan leaves but if that will be a small price to pay considering.

Marsha Today

Marsha About 6 Days ago

Colour Comparison

Last edited:

tree&leaf

mexilandrace said:
Stop saying this crap until you know what the hell you are saying, you read it somewhere and you need to parrot it over and over.

It's not real and it's bullshit, I grow organic and have for years, I am telling you it is wrong. Stop spouting that shit.

I am not saying you need to flush organics just that if you do flush you aren't gonna hurt anything really. The concept that flushing in organics causes some kind of harm is ridiculous if you think about it and know how organics work.
It seems I need to go through my reasoning on 'flushing' for you to finally understand why I advocate people not to do it. Let's firstly clarify what my understanding of 'flushing' is - pouring through large quantities of water 2,3,4,5 times the capacity of the pot.

I only ever advocate 'flushing' as a last resort for anyone, and I mean 'last resort', that means when all else has failed, because the affects of flushing are not easily reversible and can cause long term harm as I've already stated.

Lets look at where 'flushing' came from to try and understand the thinking that goes in behind it. The early pioneers, 20 years or so ago, growing under poor quality fluorescents and sodium vapor lights fed their plants with huge quantities or pure chemical fertilisers, they found that the bud simply didn't burn properly or taste very nice due to the large residues or chemicals built up in the plant. Their solution for this was to 'flush' with plain water two weeks or so from harvest to rid the plant of those built up chemicals.

Growers who grow with chemical nutrients even now, prefer to flush their plants at the final two weeks, although if they've fed their plant correctly, they shouldn't need to.

So why should we flush organic grows? is there a build up of chemicals in an organic grow that needs to be flushed out? No, so why do people do it? Dogma and poor advice.

You shouldn't need to flush an organic grow for these reasons -

1) It flushes out all the micro-organism wastes that the plant feeds on, meaning most of the nutrients in the rhizosphere;
2) It flushes out all the Nitrogen that's build up through those micro-organism wastes, as N is very easily leached from the soil;
3) It kills some of the micro-organisms essential for organic chelation;
4) It waterlogs the rootzone so much so that it can cause root rot;
5) Waterlogged rootzones encourage pathogenic microbes like Fusarium and Pythium;

Those are five very good reasons for why you shouldn't flush an organic grow. I can understand why chemical fertiliser growers might wish to flush to remove built up salts, but with organics, fed at the correct levels, you should not NEED to flush the rootzone, if you do, then you've not been feeding at the correct levels.

I can't understand why ANYONE with half a braincell, who understands organic growing would want to flush out all that lovely organic matter and micro-organism wastes the plant feeds on, you've so carefully built up in the plants rhizosphere and risk all the negative aspects of flushing in the process.

Hopefully now you've heard the reasoning, you can desist in your criticism of my advice.

thunderpob

Thanks Tree&leaf love the post -

I shouldn't have used the phrase "flush" i guess as i was only ever going to switch to plain water - pouring a massive amount of water through them at this stage would have just seemed wrong.

Still its great to get the terminology clarified!

Am still learning but there are some things that just seems over kill.

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
she could end being that best 1 lol..
she looks miles better than what she did a last week:rasta: you must be doing something right :yes: ...

keep it up bro
toke strong and stay safe
highlander