What's new

Blueberry x Afghani 1K Trees

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hey Don. Thanks for the kind words. Everything is great - just been busy with work and enjoying my last harvest. :)

I will post an update on the graden soon.

Keep it green!!!

WFF

D

Don Cotyle

That's Kewl Bro! I'm glad to hear everythings good with you and yours!!! I'll keep an eye out for your smoke report! I'm harvesting my Log Bonsai today at 70 days! Oh I got picked as a test grower for Cannacopia Seeds!!! I'm testing a new strain called GovermentMule, their medicinal strain! Therr's a link to my new thread in my sig you should check it out, I think you'll really like their description!!! See you there, Don

Waterfarmfan what is your ventilation like? I have a 4x4 closet as well and was wondering how you keep 1000w cool in there. Do you have any smell problems as well? let me know thanks man.

SkunkyDemon

Hi Waterfarmfan!
I have the same eight site set up. But unlike yours I havent yet figured out how to recu it . Which one of your threads explains all your mods. I have done a few like drilling more hole in the bottom of the baskets, added a air stone to all and bought a 80wat air pump. I do use the wire down the tube trick too. But I like the looks of what youve done.
Peace

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hey Skunk. The recirculation is pretty basic. I drilled holes at the base of each bucket opposite of the feed line and used separate plumbing for the feed and drain lines. The feed line is connected to the bottom of reservoir as normal and drain line goes to a separate bucket. A pump on a timer is placed in the drain bucket and takes the solution back to the top of the controller where it gravity feeds to the bottom reservoir and recirculates. You need to make sure that you have good flow on the float valve to make sure the top controller does not overflow.

Hope this helps.

WFF

SkunkyDemon

I just found a kit that GH has for making it a rec system. I think it wouldnt be to hard to make it according to the pics they have. If you can maybe you can throw up some pics of your set up. Thanks.
Peace

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Here are some pics that show what I am talking about. You will need to get a bunch of Tee & Elbows shaped 1/2 inch fittings and a bag of 1/2 plastic grommets in addition to the extra 1/2 tubing.

Here is a shot of the buckets. The feed line is connected to one side of the buckets and the drain line is on the other side. My setup had 3 rows of buckets that were interconnected - so 3 feed lines and 3 return lines.

41573DSC00887.JPG

Here is a shot of the back. There are 3 lines from the controller and 3 seperate lines to the return tub.

41573DSC00915.JPG

Here is the drain bucket and reservior/controller. 1 line pumps nutrients from drain bucket to controller and other is for overflow back to drain bucket.

41573DSC00914.JPG

Hope this helps.

WFF

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
You should also note that I raised the buckets and res/controller on blocks but not the drain bucket. I thought this assisted in drainage and overall circulation.

WFF

SkunkyDemon

Sweet! Thank you for the pics. Ill print them out and get on it. How long have you have them set up this way? Have you worked out all the bugs in the system? I like the looks of having that seperate rez. Great job!
Peace

Producer

This totally gives me deja vu. The first grow I ever did was with waterfarm. dont remember any of the specifics, other than that we were running some killer AK, and a beautiful pheno of the Durban Poison and ended up getting some amazing results. Best of luck, I"ll be sure to check back.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hey Producer. My first grow about 5 years ago was a balls-to-the-wall 1K run with White Widow, White Russian & Orange Bud in the 8 station waterfarm system. I ended up with 4 runs with the farms and they are now in storage. I have since switched to Coco and a smaller growing footprint, but I long for the days of hydro trees again...

WFF

Latest posts

Latest posts