What's new

Blueberry Week 3 Flowering

mblue23

Blueberry - Dutch Passion Feminized
End of Week 3 - Flowering

Boys it's hard having buds this beautiful and knowing you can't show anybody for security reasons... I had to share these with someone!

Thanks for looking, I feel better now.

Friend

Veteran
Pretty nice canopy there! LST i take it?

How many total watts of fluoro's?

Stay safe

mblue23

Hey man

I LST'd it for 39 days in veg and then flipped the lights.

I started off with 10 x 26w CFL's

About 3 weeks into Veg i upgraded with a 4x 24w T5 light, i still have about 3 x 26w CFL lights supplementing the lower growth.

Thanks for the comment man! Glad to have someone to share these pics with

smokefrogg

Veteran
hey those flowers are looking pretty thick for fluoros, nice one man! i like how you have cfls on the side it seems, i bet that helps out, i hope your blueberry treats you well =)

cody2white

ghost in training
Veteran
Lookin great blue! I like how people say fluros = shit but thats totally untrue. They starting to get their stink on?

mblue23

Hey guys thanks for the replies

They seems to be loving the flouros, I try to tie down the shoots a tiny bit to get a nice even canopy which is helping. The 3 CFL's down below make a huge difference, I've turned them off recently in order to get some pics and man it seemed so dark down below without them. I'd say they're crucial.

I'm considering taking out the CFL's And putting single 2ft T5 bulbs on each side of the box. The CFL's stick out about 7" each so I'd gaiin some extra space and extra lumens!

Thanks for checking it out guys, I'll try to throw an updated picture in when the lights turn on tonight.

Happy blazing

mblue23

Btw forgot to mention, no stink yet.

I've got a small auto in the box that is a few days from harvest and is giving off a nice smell, but probably another week or two before the house smells like beautiful blueberry pie

mblue23

Figured I'd give a quick update.

First off, here is the blueberry on July 26 (12 days ago)

And then today (August 7)

Here is an assortment of pics I took when the lights finally came on. Does anyone else find themselves counting down the hours until lights On so you can check out your girls? Anyways, here she is:

Thanks for watching her grow! :plant grow:

Last edited:
Looking good so far mblue23....DP's Blueberry is the second plant I grew and was a good social buzz for me. Hope they finish strong for ya!

JC

mblue23

Looking good so far mblue23....DP's Blueberry is the second plant I grew and was a good social buzz for me. Hope they finish strong for ya!

JC

Thanks JC, this DP is actually my second plant as well, hope she is as good to me as she was to you. Thanks brother

Hey it looks like u got some seedlings in that cab as well did u start 12-12 from seed

Hey Benny, the two seedlings were started 12/12 from seed. The blueberry that is flowering had 39 days of veg though. I'm trying out a few different techniques to find what works well with my box dimensions. If these stay a reasonable size and turn a decent yield, i may look into a perpetual 12-12 grow in there.
Thanks for checking in!

mblue23

Thought some people might be interested in a quick update.

Here is a shot at Week 8
attachment.php

Attachments

• testimg.jpg
    testimg.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 8

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your plants look very good, nice job so far and looking forward to seeing them mature! :good:

You can definitely grow nice plants with enough of just about any source of light provided it's in the right spectrums and you have healthy plants. Cannabis does not only grow under HID lol ;)

Much love! :canabis:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good! I have been seeing some good results with T5s even for flowering. I like it.

mblue23

Emil Muff, SOTF420, and Bueno Time: Cheer boys, thanks for the love:friends:

Really looks good! Tell us more about your methods, nutes, soil? Thanks.

Thanks man, its amazing what 96w of T5 & 78w of CFL's can do!

The soil i used didn't have very good drainage, i've changed my soil to ProMix now for my next plant that is growing right now. ProMix is a huge upgrade from what I had before.
For nutes, I was using GH FloraNova Grow & Bloom in every other watering. Once she started flowering I was giving her about 1 litre of water every other day, just enough for her to get some air before the next watering.

Veg'd for 39 days while LST'ing and came out with about 7 good top cola's.

I just harvested last night :jump: and will be posting that update right after this. Stay tuned...

mblue23

Its Harvest Season!:dance013:

She wasn't ready until the bitter end but after exactly 10 weeks of flowering, she was ready to come down.
picture.php

picture.php

And here's how she looks after the trim
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And now we wait... the hardest part.

I ended up pulling about 5 or 10 seeds off this plant somehow, not sure what happened but I'm down with a few free seeds. It be a bonus if they come out as feminized seeds like their mother, but I can't even figure out where the pollen came from in the first place. I'm just glad it didn't take over the whole plant!

I'll try to remember and come back with final numbers once she is dried. I'll definitely have a smoke report for you as well.

If you like what you've seen, show me some love :tiphat:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ended up pulling about 5 or 10 seeds off this plant somehow, not sure what happened but I'm down with a few free seeds. It be a bonus if they come out as feminized seeds like their mother, but I can't even figure out where the pollen came from in the first place. I'm just glad it didn't take over the whole plant!

Nice harvest! Glad you didnt chop her down early.

As for the beans you can assume that she threw out a few nanners (male flowers). They should likely be feminized if that is the case.

mblue23

As for the beans you can assume that she threw out a few nanners (male flowers). They should likely be feminized if that is the case.

This harvest just keeps getting better, I'd love to grow this blueberry again and its nice to have more seeds at my disposal now. I'll have to add it into the lineup again soon.

Right now i've got a CH9 Humboldt flowering and will be following it up with White Widow and Kandy Kush.

Should be good times :canabis: