What's new

blueberry in a sealed can!

boroboro

Zing!

Ickis brings up this old thread and says "Ha! You're all wrong!" Fun stuff...

Seriously, though, I like that thought experiment of yours, and think you're on the right track. Wondering about this in the past I've spent a bit of time trying to find real evidence that smell could permeate through solid materials.

There seems to be enough evidence and agreement from many sources that many, even most plastics are permeable to some extent if under 1/4" thick or so. Some industrial processes even use this effect:
http://www.flextank.com.au/PDF_Files/2-Year-Update.pdf

Some plastics like Buna-N nylon, though, may be much less permeable:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0546220.html

I didn't find much on metals, though, except for a lot of information on hydrogen fuel tank design. Those hydrogen atoms are tiny little buggers just waiting to leak through anything, so it's an interesting place to look for impermeable tank design. Many hydrogen storage tanks use an inner liner of thick plastic to minimize permeability.

Anyway, a tuna can? Weak link is almost definitely in the lid seal, I would wager.

As many of the wise old heads seem to say, stick with freshly sealed packages, vacuum sealing, and thoroughly clean exteriors to the packages.

H

headfortrinity

I used to get peach can weed from mexico. It was some nice red hair for the price.

baan

Well I'll tell ya what... I'd better never get into dealing... Too many grass stains on my clothes and generally everywhere... That dog would be going nuts, the dude would probably give up after his dog barked at everything I owned lol

T.Baggins

"do you want that weed in the can?"
"naa, ill have it right here"
lmao...

so, when you buy a can of weed, wouldn't you have to open it on the spot to make sure you're not getting ripped off..

whiterabbit9

Veteran
that tuna kush looks really good for something you buy (not sure if on the streets)

can sounds like a good idea