What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blueberry Buds and some Wild Thoughts

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran

Thanks once more guys (any girlz?). Everything is looking fine from here in the control tower, day 45 in flower. Buds are fattening up, first set of hairs have gone red and new ones shoot out, but they'll only go for another two weeks and I don't expect much more vigorous growth. Trichs are turning milky. Been there, done that, but it's oh so much fun to see them take shape and put on colors in end flower.

I already checked your thread Core, you've run some strains I've kept my eyes on for a while so I'm all over it. What's your overall impression from growing Amnezia Haze? It's always on my list as I go to Amsterdam.

Yes temp303, it's a great looker, and a great high IMO. Although, you need to single out those phenos that are growable. A pack of Blueberry's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get :D

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heya Rosy..:smile:

my overall impression of the amnesia Haze....that aint hard....it is one of the best i grew out untill now......and still she gets me blazed every time...as for growth she is a big stretcher..very easy grower...not to picky....took her untill 12 weeks....
smell is a high hazy smell with fruity undertones...and be shure she fucks with ya mind, very cerebral high....with coutchlock tendencies...she is close to a 9/10 for me :smile:....even used her in a homemade cross :wink: but actually,you gotta smoke her yourself !!
Hope this helps a bit ...laters Rosy :wave:

these are close to finish...damn i'm so bummed its already gone in smoke :badday: :muahaha:

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Sweet. Looks like a decent yielder. Evil tongues call Amnesia Haze a Super Silver Haze with skimpy yield.
Personally, I don't think it smokes like SSH, but then again I compare the commercial AH I smoke in A-dam coffeeshops to my homegrown SSH.

I've been thinking about growing it for a while now, but those 12 weeks + strains often make me hesitant.
So easy to throw a 50 day strain into the growroom and have it ready by supper :D

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Rosy Cheeks - those BBs are looking delicious! I'm beginning to see where the Grape Krush might have come from now.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Yes, the GK is an odd pheno of a second generation Blueberry, isn't it? I've never come across a grape-smelling Blueberry pheno, but I suppose it must be there somewhere, at least hints of it.
Did those GK F2 smell as much grape as the parents?

Throw in some of your lovely pics EM, it will class up this thread :D

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Ah, I don't know about the Grape Krush parents, as the F2s were trades with another member, but Red assured me that the grape pheno is 'the one', though all three are delicious - one's more sweet and fruity, and one's more sweet/spicy - like a fig or Xmas pudding. The grape one is my fave though, as it's so unusual, and it was slightly higher yield than the other two. One of my Flos from last year was similar, but more in the blackcurrant zone - more tart and dark, whereas this is more like sour grape bubblegum or soda.
The 'Indica/Sativa' gradings are mostly structural, as the high is fairly similar between all three - a perfect balance of body and head highs in that respect.

Here's all three:

Pheno#1: Sweet, fruity, indica-dominant:

Pheno#2: Grape pheno, slightly sour, almost fecal (but in a nice way!), sativa-dominant:

Pheno#3: Sweet spicy pheno, like a rich fruit pudding - 50/50 indica/sativa mix:

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran

Sweet EM, I hardly dare to post any more pics now, compared to yours they're fad.

Day 48 of this SCROG, there's no more gain in bud mass and trichs are all milky, so I'll cut out all N and most of the nutrients before the chop - in another 10 days or so.

I'm very happy with this grow, I only wish they would have grown through the screen another 10 cm or so, in order to better profit from the 600w - and yield more. My fault.

I've started buying trees in the Amazonian jungle, got a small cluster of them now and I'm aiming at a forest. Then when it's all mine, I'll build a tree hut and move in. Unless of course my vertigo prevents it - in which case I'll borrow the Skull Cave from the Phantom, while he's out chasing criminals. I need more space to grow!

spanking.jpg

Last edited:
Supa nice buds in this screen... :joint:
you seriously got skills chicks.......

ps : nice project about amazonia ( i noticed it's a french association..)...is a three expansive ??

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran

GroovySituation said:
ps : nice project about amazonia ( i noticed it's a french association..)...is a three expansive ??

Hey Groovy. Yes, this one is French, but there exists equivalents in many other countries. It's 15 euros per tree (you mean expensive right, not expansive?), you get a discount if you buy a whole forest, lol. If you want to check it out, here's the link:

http://www.commercequitable.com/

The buds are more or less finished and I'm taking them on a slow decent in nutrients over a ten day period or more, where the N is cut out and molasses added. No straight flush, but I've got a full house :D

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Nice backlighting on that last pic Rosy - you can see right through the 'resin canopy'! I can't wait to see how these finish up...

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That image of your entire grow is great. What that must smell like I can only imagine.....You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rosy Cheeks again.
DD

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I have'nt even popped my true blue's yet and I'm so excited after seeing these pic's I might get another pack before I pop these ladies!!! :joint:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran

Thanks for chipping in folks. The plants are chopped and drying as we speak, after 57 days of flowering. A SCROG is a powerful tool and I'm satisifed with the yield my new Blueberry keeper gives me. I had a lot of budsites on these two plants that vegged for months, and it paid off. Coco coir does the trick after all.

Some untrimmed buds slow-drying on trays. Wanna know how these buds smoke? Like they look! Stay tuned for the upcoming grow and smoke report...

Go for the Original Blueberry if you're already sitting on a pack of True Blueberry's farmerlion. That will increase pheno variety and chances of getting a truly special plant.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran

O well, bring that keg of beer over and I'll invite you for a sample toke, that should be in a month or so,
I already know what I'm in for, only better since it is the second run and the plants were much older than the seedplants.

Should be more potency in these gals

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
ROSY CHEEKS

ROSY CHEEKS

Thanks for the info. I was on other forums and heard alot of talk on how weak DJ's true blueberry is to smoke. I hope all will be well. I don't smoke very often anyway, it should be just fine for me. If you have any personnel notes on growing blue you want to pass on feel free. I am always willing to learn. Thanks for all the pics and info you share! :joint: I really respect his work and would like to try more of his strains. Do you have a favorite?

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
That's just kids talk farmerlion, you hear a lot of things in the pot forums.

As to potency and strenght, there are many different aspects and factors to concider, such as how the plant was cultivated (a tree that has been vegged and flowered for 6 months + will deliver more potent bud than a plant kicked into flower straight from seed), Cannabinoid ratios will influence nuances in the high, and the perception of a high is of course conditioned by earlier experiences, expectations, etc.
If you're used to smoking Sour Diesel, then maybe you could get the impression that Blueberry is less potent. I would rather say it's a less aggressive high, with more complex nuances. A different type of stone for a different typ of occasion.

Let's face it, a strain that clocks at 19.5% THC in a gas chromatography test (done by Dutch Passion) is not a weak strain, it's a killer strain.

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Crhazey Daze said:
If only IC were to supplement smellevision if it were ever to become available :muahaha:

You know, in the early 80's, John Waters (my hero and God - if only I believed in gods) released a film called "Polyester", a brilliant comedy that came with a smell card called Odorama. You scratched on a number at a given moment, which gave the smell that was in the film; cheesy pizza, smelly socks, etc.

I kept that Odorama card in a drawer for many many years, and only threw it away when I moved out of the country, and had to get rid of my loot.

Recently, while cruising ebay, I realized that those original Odorama cards now sell for astronomical amounts to collectors.

So the moral of the story is, never throw anything away that you might sell for a fortune on ebay, in another 25 years or so.

Smell-ins3.jpg

How about it Gypsy, Odorama cards for different strains? Pineapple for C99, Sandalwood for Mother's Finest, Puke/Lemon cleaner for Sensi Star, and so on... :D