What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLUE STING and KONA UPRISE

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Yo is this the genetics, is stickybandit a wizard, or is it a combination of both?
sticky bandit is not wizard, he is normal bandit, he is sticky, nasty and dirty...

this is incense sticks dried bud, so nobody should be surprised Blue Sting makes big buds..

full

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
That one girl was very dense! and the top bud grew up away from the fan which didn't help
I don't know mate, but they're still fairly young they might color up later?? We're just leaving summer
I've been foliar spraying epsom salt @tablespoon/4L (which might have started the rot) and keeping the pH slightly high @ 6.2 to promote PK uptake, pretty much the same as my other plants :)
I think next run I would top them and try to keep from getting one gigantic bud at the top and just have lots of massive buds :p
ouch. yeah you spray it... hahaha.

I think that different phenotypes of BSting can have different requirements a little. like when it is more "diesel" pheno, it would need more ca/mg than other phenos. I understand that you grow it from seed and just far from perfection - that is right test, so you cant satisfy them differently, just saying there can be different needs of different phenos.

yeah to top them or bend them. is good plan bandit.

cola

Definitely too much food available in the soil mix. I’ve used a lot of it and it’s worked well this bag was just too hot. I only was using plain water.
You are a wise man leaving all those hand (fan) leaves on your plants, even while flowering. Many discount their benefits, but they take the shock of something like what happened to you, as well as being important light receptors. They' are very mportant for its overall health, and those that needlessly strip them, unknowingly do significant harm.

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
well... big cola doesn't have to mean mold automatically.

blockhead is making big colas and it is moldy as hell

sour diesel is making big colas, and it is not moldy... you haven't got any mold on Big South Pump or???

incense sticks and df13 have never molded indoor or greenhouse for me... there is vietnamese in blue sting and that makes it doubled resistant.

we will see if others get mold too... it should be tested outdoors too by other growers. so let see.

it is pity that you had to chop it not matured...

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity

sour diesel is making big colas, and it is not moldy... you haven't got any mold on Big South Pump or???

incense sticks and df13 have never molded indoor or greenhouse for me... there is vietnamese in blue sting and that makes it doubled resistant.

we will see if others get mold too... it should be tested outdoors too by other growers. so let see.

Hopefully I'll be receiving some Blue Sting beans in the post in the next day or so and will be starting them off outside in the beautiful Southern Spanish sunshine.

StickyBandit

No, I didn't have any mold in the BSPumps but they weren't this big. I think this grow method really takes growth to the limits. Air flow is reasonable but could be improved
Hopefully the bottom half of the two plants will have a chance to mature completely :)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Big South Pump can make huge buds man:

img_1775-jpeg.18988976

my theory is that it didn't get enough ca/mg to strengthen cells, plus no silica I guess... like I said I will wait for others, and then I will express my opinion on possible causes of mold in your buds...

I refuse it is genetics. as mix is similar to BSP. 25% of Sour Diesel, instead congo genetics there is vietnamese(which is resistant as south asian genetics, but of course we all know that even south asian genetics like dry weather at the end of flowering, not high humidity,yes), and instead of holyweed there is blackhaze/A5mirakelthai which is no mold magnet..

like I said, let see how it will do at others. it is too early to make some final statement about it.

StickyBandit

I live in a very humid part of the country so almost anything growing that big and dense will likely be susceptible, not saying it's the genetics at all, maybe better fans or a bigger room would help too :)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
why the fuck are you living there? hahahahahha!

it is weird...

I sent few seeds of acid beauty to Hawaii, Big Island, and acid beauty I assume 100% resistant. and guy who grew at more sunny dry part, he go no mold and other guy who grewit at more humid rainy place he got powdery mildew, he grew it outdoors under roof... I mean WTF? I have never seen powdery mildew on haze here, or on vietnamese or any hybrid of it... never. oh I got powdery mildew at pheno 5 of Laos x Mango Haze if I remember... that was only time. even amnesia is dense and super resistant here, if you assume that bud structure.. here paki kush will mold even in veg LOL, deep chunk and its hybrids, g13NLhashplant or anything G13 like g13skunk, NLskunk, blockhead, uzbeki, blueberry, chemdog... og kush is little better, but I remember that at 2013 I threw out huge plant of lemon larry ogk, it depends on cut... cookies are moldy here. federation hawaiian was moldy here. some phenos of it. casey jones was very resistant, due to thai genetics and it makes big buds, currently growing casey jones x sour diesel and I have no doubt it will be resistant. sour diesel is very resistant to mold, but not to PM, at certain autumn weather it can be disaster, better to light dep and chop it before humid months.. but anything molds here... except of haze. marlies collie, I got two phenos in those years, and one was very resistant, second one not so... durban was very resistant, as well as other africans I grew like ethiopian, malawi can get mold on leafs though, but it is resistant, congo is resistant etc... hybrids with thai in it. like trainwreck x thai or blue paki kush x choc thai are very resistant. Vietnamese is resistant... I cant remember what all I grew LOL edit: oh yeah I forgot mexicans they are resistant, Zamal hybrids too.. oh man I grew so much of it, I realize it just now hahahahahhahahahaha

environment can play tricks with plants.

anybody knows that this genetics is resistant... can take a lot humidity. even NL5haze... I saw that another guy from Hawaii was asking for resistant plant and got a lot of answers from Hawaiian growers that NLhaze is pretty resistant, in the end NL#5 was bred at Hawaii by Herb Nelson... so it gives sense and colombian dom haze is also very very resistant to anything imo.

they grow sour diesel at Hawaii, I saw it sprayed by sulfur at one grower though hahahha, so yeah powdery mildew..

I mentioned Hawaii, because you are on island too...

Last edited: