What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLUE STING and KONA UPRISE

StickyBandit

Thanks man, last set of pictures you posted looks like something to look forward to!
What smells are you getting currently? must be mid-flowering by now?
Mine are just starting to mature now, I might post some pics tomorrow so I don't push your post back :p
Hard for me to judge the smell as I have something more mature and so fumy right next to it that smells like it might burst into flames! I will try again later. It is very sticky though and shows a lot of promise!
Last I noticed it's quite sweet and musky with some pine gum but was really too young to say
I believe TomH prefers the sweeter aromas for the best phenos of the posi :)

StickyBandit

Blue Sting
63 days 11/13

If you like big sticky girls these are for you :p
Still a long way to go but filling out nicely and absolutely covered in sticky sweet trichomes!
I will try to train them shorter next run although I do love this structure
The aroma is sweet, musky pine gum... for now
Have a zoom on these babies!
Looks like a winner so far @MAHA KALA (y)

BSting2.JPG
BSting3.JPG
BSting4.JPG
BSting5.JPG
BSting6.JPG
BSting7.JPG

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hey guys, kinda late to the party, so here are my 5 Blue Sting females 11/13 from seed (planted 24 jan)

First 3 faster onset of flowering
View attachment 18980107

other 2 look longer flowering for sure
View attachment 18980108

Getting mentholated/blue/fuely smells upon handling for now
nice!

yes, blue fuel smell from mother(maybe some earthy chocolate too). pine/mango coniferous gummy gassy musk from fathers.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I am very curious about smoke impressions.

I rate incense sticks(BH/A5thai/vietnamese) pretty high. its effect, I cant tell if its body or head... it is everything... it is creeper a little, it is not racy or nervous, it is little anxious because of power. but makes you smiling most of time, no noisy laugh, more like shy permanent smiling. of course it is vietnamese hybrid, so it is altering perception, mainly hearing, not much of vision. it gives good energy, but it is calming too. it is not roller coaster. it is not crazy mental effect like from malawi gold. some phenos are quite psychedelic though, in more muddy bottomed way than thai. you feel kind of stranger in every day reality. but it relaxes you in the end... very pleasant long lasting... thats what I appreciate on good haze hybrid, is long lasting high. I read somebody said gg#4 has long lasting effect... not really. compared to good haze hybrid, not so long lasting LOL

I think that all phenos were strong, maybe pineapple pheno was weaker... I am not fan of pineapple...

in incense sticks, it is like stickybandit says, it is piney coniferous musk, which is gummy, they call it bandaid in USA, bandaids smell gummy right? and it is nice strong haze musk. but vietnamese adds also gassy incense tone. it is quite loud for haze I mean... you must understand that vietnamese tranforms Piff#7 into variety which gives real 16 weeks flowering phenos, with all advantages and disadvantages of such phenos. Vietnamese gives that energy, so it is not so hypnotic like Piff#7. makes it more clear too... I used strictly late flowering males for BLUE STING and KONA UPRISE.

by the way, cut which is mother of incense sticks, and is 25% part of Blue Sting and KU, was initially called Piff :D and the smell is that reason why they called it like that, you know. so don't forget about incense terps.))

"These seeds were sent to e.T., who then shared some with Bodhi. Bodhi germinated them in early 2013 and all he got was one male (a5Haze x MirakelThai). He doesn’t normally keep males if there are no females to evaluate but he used it anyway to pollinate the Cuban Black Haze cut that he had. The strain was referred to as Piff by Bodhi initially. The beans were shared almost exclusively with Doc D, who after running them selected the Piff #7 and shared a cut of it back with Bodhi."

black vietnamese produces incense too:

"Aromas: sandalwood, meats, incense, mangoes, occasionally petrol, and vanilla."

I didn't remember I would get petrol in black vietnamese... or some significant smell of it. it was floral mainly.

but in incense sticks yes I got chemical smells, that's why I say that gummy(gum has chemical smell too right?) piney incense smell is gassy too.. and I hope it will be present in Blue Sting and KU too...

to be clear why I am talking about incense sticks, first I smoked it this morning and second incense sticks are father to BSting and KU.

StickyBandit

I've had a little trouble with bud rot due to our humidity and the weather getting cooler
I had to behead one of the girls so it doesn't spread, the other might be a slightly different pheno and might be ok, I'll keep a good eye on her!
Still very musky and gummy and there is something else brewing that has me interested. There's not many brown pistils yet so I'm not sure how these will pan out, they're so fat already! The top I cut off is ~Ø4"

Frosty.JPG
P1030455.JPG
P1030457.JPG
P1030465.JPG
P1030466.JPG

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
bud rot is weird.. what about calcium/magnesium? did you notice some higher appetite for it?

another strange thing is that you don't get any color. I mean where are colors from mother? hehehehehe

StickyBandit

bud rot is weird.. what about calcium/magnesium? did you notice some higher appetite for it?

another strange thing is that you don't get any color. I mean where are colors from mother? hehehehehe
That one girl was very dense! and the top bud grew up away from the fan which didn't help
I don't know mate, but they're still fairly young they might color up later?? We're just leaving summer
I've been foliar spraying epsom salt @tablespoon/4L (which might have started the rot) and keeping the pH slightly high @ 6.2 to promote PK uptake, pretty much the same as my other plants :)
I think next run I would top them and try to keep from getting one gigantic bud at the top and just have lots of massive buds :p

Last edited: