What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Sonya bx2 grow

I'm going to do a little grow thread on the Blue Sonya. I know there are already a few circulating (damn good ones too), but I thought I'd share my experience with them as well.
They'll be grown in Promix bx soiless mix under T5 to start, then Metal halide for growth, then onto HPS for the flowering stage. Nutes used for this run will be AN's Iguana Grow and Flower, supplemented with Superthrive, CalMag, Dark Energy, Supernova, Hygrozyme, Canna PK13/14, and Big Bud when the timing denotes their use.
K, onto the cast. 5 seeds were put to the soil mix on 2/12. Of these, 4 decided to show. #5 never popped. Bummer, but hey, still got the four. Not the most interesting of creatures at this point, but here they are at day 11.

I'll be making updates to this thread at least once a week to show progress. All are welcome to share thoughts, post their own pics and give constructive criticism.
At this point I'd like to thank Steele and crew for making these genetics available.
:wave:

G

guest3854

Glad you received 'em . They're in some good hands and can't wait to see how they perform fer yas . Thanks fer taking tha time to show 'em here at ICMag .

Steele

Many thanks Steele. I hope I can do the genes justice. Thing is, I'll have to work on the photo taking, uploading and posting. That's the hardest part for me lol. I see I already jumbled em up a bit in the first post. :bashhead:

Aaah well. If there's on thing this hobby has shown me it's prcatice makes perfect........ :joint:

Not much to show really, but don't want to fall behind on the updates. :joint:

These shots are of day since seed was put to the medium. I'd have thought they'd be a bit further along by now, but I guess it's about right. They are between 2 and 2.5 inches tall. Haven't been fed anything yet with the exception of 1 drop of Superthrive per quart of water one time. Guess that's about it for now.

G

guest3854

Lookin' good bru . Tha red stems are characteristic to tha line . Nice start

Steele

Sorry no recent updates Steele. Data has been collected but due to multiple and quite serious family issues I've had to prioritize my time. It has been a major task just keeping my sanity.
Once again, my apologies. Updates will be posted as time allows.

hr.

Ickis

Veteran
Isn't it 1 drop per gallon for Superthrive? That stuff is very, very concentrated? In fact I mix it 1 drop per gallon and then add a cup of that mixture to my gallon mixes so I know it diluted.

G

guest3854

Though 3-4 drops per gallon seems like alot , I've never experienced any adverse effects . High Roller's been at this fer a minute , with some more than competent grow outs .

Be well HR , our Prayers go out to you and yours ,
Steele

kushcakes

hey highroller i hope your blue is doin good. heres mine, popped em about a month ago and just transplanted them from 1 to 2 gal pots. there a little wilt from the transplant

G

guest3854

KC , lookin' real nice . Perfect green sheen to 'em . Appears that your feeding 'em well , they can take it , however keep in mind to reduce your nutes during tha hotter , summer months . I always look for tha girls that shoot up fast and get nice an' frosty right , out tha gate . Gotcha some nice new shiny buckets to plant 'em into to , too eh :D .

On a side note , if you wouldn't mind starting another thread . I like comparisons but don't wanna take tha thread over with em . HR is dealing with some pretty serious personal issues and would like to leave it for him when he's able to rejoin us .

Thanks KC fer sharing ,
HR , hope you & yours are alright , prayers ...
Steele

Latest posts

Latest posts