What's new

Blue residue on nail after dab

CannabisTHC

This is SO incorrect sir. Especially if you have two different size slabs that are spread exactly the same thickness (very thin).

Just because you are purging less oil, does not necessarily mean it will take less time. It means the reaction (bubbles) will be much smaller and harder to see. Purging 8 grams vs 1 gram if they are both spread super thin, will take about the same amount of time believe me I've tried to cut corners too.

Exactly my point, you are running nug so you shouldn't see clumps of lipids and waxes on the nail after a dab. hence, why I will stick to my original assumption. You seem very defensive, for someone who is asking for help you sure have a lot of answers.

Which is exactly why I stated the thickness of the oil rather than the amount. A thicker slab will take longer to purge than a thinner slab.

Lol what do you think nugs don't have trichomes with a wax coating on them? Have you ever looked at a trichome before? The outer layer which encases the THC is wax. Wax doesn't just disappear because your using buds.

cyphaman

Yes I am quite aware that the trichome is protected by a wax membrane, which is also extracted into the final solution.

But with top quality nugs, you won't be extracting enough waxes and lipids to visibly see such a large amount of residue after one dab.

A thicker slab doesn't fully purge at all, actually. Because there is so much gas trapped within the resin, and not being exposed to the surface ie the vacuum itself it actually just appears to be purged because it stops reacting.

45 minutes = underpurged oil, you really need to be purging for 8-12 hours. Hope this helps you!

CannabisTHC

Yes I am quite aware that the trichome is protected by a wax membrane, which is also extracted into the final solution.

But with top quality nugs, you won't be extracting enough waxes and lipids to visibly see such a large amount of residue after one dab.

A thicker slab doesn't fully purge at all, actually. Because there is so much gas trapped within the resin, and not being exposed to the surface ie the vacuum itself it actually just appears to be purged because it stops reacting.

45 minutes = underpurged oil, you really need to be purging for 8-12 hours. Hope this helps you!

Where on earth do you read one dab? I've clearly stated I probably did numerous dabs on that dish along with using my buddies oil which was made using the soak method which will extract more waxes. Keep on trying to knitpick.

A thicker slab doesn't purge at all wow thanks for the tidbit your really being helpful lol get off it dude take a break.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi,

I've got an Highly Educated domeless TI nail (supposedly grade 2 cp) that I've seen those colors on, but I haven't seen such a residue...

I did not season the nail in the way you describe, rather I heated the nail up pretty hot and let it cool down a bit like I would take a dab, then I "painted" oil on the nail as to create a season layer. Pretty much like a skillet you cook on.

Do you mean you don't put oil on when you season, rather just super heat repeatedly? If so, do you think I could still get the alpha case layer to form even though I didn't season my nail this way?

Thanks

If it doesn't have an alpha case yet, you can add it any time and you only have to build a case once. We have to chemically mill the alpha cases off on aerospace parts, because it is brittle and promotes cracking. It is tenacious and doesn't leave of its on accord.

I paint on oil after I have the alpha case built, but you can do it at any time and if there is unreacted Ti, it will form carbides.

Just Chris

Having the vacuum on for hours at a time without having a high enough temperature for the oil to be completely viscous pretty much defeats the purpose of vaccing.

Any "shatter" can be warmed and agitated in a boiling water bath and vacuumed 3-4 times for 10-15 minutes until it turns into a completely solid crumble.

Latest posts

Latest posts