What's new

Blue Mystic w/ 160w LED

Hi everyone, I'm growing a few of Auto Blue Mystics under a 160w LED in soil. It's been quite a few years since I last grew and it's amazing how much I've forgotten.

Anyway, 13 days after sticking my seeds in soil, these are what I have. I was just a little concerned with plant 2 - there appear to be some spots on one of her leaves. They've not had any nutes yet, I've been letting them live off what is already in the compost. Do you think I should start adding it now?

Cheers for looking :biggrin:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
hello man!

what kind of led lights r u using?

looking good!

you could give 'em a bit of nutes, but very very light dose, and see how they start reacting and adjust as you see fit, a little goes a long way.

peace!

Hiya mate, I am using some cheapo ones from ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161089283496

I wasn't holding out a great deal of hope as they were so cheap but I'm pleased. Plants seem to like them and they make a pretty purple light. Not quite as cool running as I hoped though, temps slowly climb through the day until it hits about 32C just before they shut off for their daily hour of dark.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
this will be interesting to see man, growing with that lamp, great price for sure, hopefully it will also grow you kick ass buds; what are you expecting to get? over 100 grams dried total?

you got three plants going, right? are the fem or regular?

peace!

Hoping for an ounce off each, that'd make me happy. They're feminised plants but I've never done autos before so no idea what sort of yield is reasonable. Really looking forward to see how they perform under this light - apparently I can expect them to be ready mid-December at some point.

Peace

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
oh I missed the part of them being autos... how much light a day r u giving them? straight 12/12?

I dunno how much of producers are autos; seen journals here where some give 30 grams, but others 10 grams...

we'll see how they'll perform... maybe someone with enough experience with autos can tell us what light cycle is better for them to make them yield best.

peace

I'm giving them 23/1 and planning on doing so throughout the grow. Hoping they'll start to show pistils in the next 10 days or so.

Peace

Hi dude, the ladies are doing well thanks. Now 18 days from me shoving them into compost, 16 since they broke the surface.

However they do seem to be suffering a bit of a nute deficiency, at least I think so. What do you reckon?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
from here the new growth looks healthy, many times the oldest leaves turn a bit yellowish like in that last pic.

what have u been feeding? at what frequency? what strength?

if you haven't fed them yet, always start with a low dose, a little goes a long way, and build your way up.

those ladies don't look like they need much anyway.

just don't over-water, don't over-feed, and you'll be alright.

keep up the good work!

peace

They had no nutes whatsoever until yesterday when I gave them a little (as in really tiny amount of) Cal/Mag. One of them is looking a little overwatered right now, younger leaves are a little droopy but I'll not water her again for another week or so.

Thanks killerweed and bombadil for showing an interest

jenery

Nice plants, looking great for 16 days. Just wanted to ask about the light regime, 23/1, is that an experiment or some known method? I know that cannabis is supposed to need longer dark periods, not sure if just one hour without light will not affect them in some bad way... And even the raising temperatures up to 32 degrees seem little extreme, if you went 16/8 or 18/6 you could save for electricity too, if they are autos they will flower anyhow. Will follow for sure, good luck!

Thanks Jenery. The temps are sorted now and stay at a constant 27-28C. The only reason I have the lights on 23/1 instead of 24/0 is that I fear running some cheap Chinese electronics for 24 hours a day for 60+ days. Length of light schedule is more to do with longer light schedules seeming to give bigger yields, at least from the grows I read before hand so hoping to find out.

Some people say never feed them veg nutes, just bloom and others say feed them veg nutes for a couple of weeks when they start to flower to help the stretch. Planning on doing both methods on different plants so I can compare the results.

So this girl isn't looking very healthy at Day 21. Not sure if the problem is overwatering as she's had two feeds of about 250ml in the last four days (in a 3 gal pot), or just a nute deficiency. Any help would be great.

Ignore the above post entirely, was just a stoned panic. Luckily I resisted the urge to do anything and they're all looking lovely, two of them have pistils and the third is showing signs of preflowers. Tent is starting smell quite nice.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hiya mate, I am using some cheapo ones from ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161089283496

I wasn't holding out a great deal of hope as they were so cheap but I'm pleased. Plants seem to like them and they make a pretty purple light. Not quite as cool running as I hoped though, temps slowly climb through the day until it hits about 32C just before they shut off for their daily hour of dark.

I looked at your ad...I bought TWO 240w from same company 2.5 yrs. ago. They are still working, and working well! I kept light regimen 16/8 throughout (autos). Plants seemed to like it. Have a Black Star 400w that seems a bit inferior (amount of LED transmitted) to the ones made in Shenzhen. I think you'll be impressed with them.

I placed an "ASK bid" asked for 2 lights and $60.00 off regular price....they happily accepted it. They're also listed in eBay US site.

Burn the light @ both ends (pun)....hope you get a stellar crop! :blowbubbles:

Hi bomba, sorry I haven't got many new pics, promise I'll take a load tomorrow and put them on here. For now, here is plant number 3 at day 26. They haven't grown as much as I was hoping, but that's my fault not the lights. Should have given them more nutes last week when I watered but instead I got to spend the last week watching a big ol' nitrogen deficiency develop, all while I waited for them to dry out enough for me to water them again.

Even though her lower leaves are kind of yellow in this pic, they were a lot worse 24 hours ago before I watered. She's put on an inch in the same time period - finally starting to explode again. Also, all of them are starting to get loads of lovely pistils. Hooray.

aridbud, that's what I like to hear! The plants have been loving the light so far and if it weren't for my weak growing skills, then I'm sure they'd be looking truly awesome.

Latest posts

Latest posts