What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Blue Mystic: Organic Soil and DIY CFL Hood~

Lisdexik

Howdy y'all

I'm new to ICMAG, but been growing for ~3 Years. Mostly organic soil and CFL's. I figured it was time to show you pictures of one of my hottest girlfriends.

I selected this pheno of Blue Mystic from a pack of Nirvana seeds a couple years ago, and I can't seem grow enough to satisfy my urge for its strawberry skunk flavor and potent indica stone... I love this plant!

I'm limited by space and security so this thread will be following the life of a single plant from week 1 12/12 to Cured budshots and smoke report :biggrin:

Macro of a seeded BM bud from a previous grow
picture.php

Week 1 12/12
picture.php

picture.php

Week 2 update will be up tomorrow night.

Lisdexik

Lisdexik

Week 2 update:

She's almost done reaching for the light

Plant's-eye view
picture.php

Putting out pistils
picture.php

picture.php

See you next sunday, should have some close-ups for you :huggg:

Lisdexik

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Hey lisdexik, dam thats hard to type.

Lovely looking ladies you have there. I've read many good things about Nirvana's Blue Mystic, and am a big Nirvana seeds fan myself. My next order is going to be Auroura Indica, Afghani and Papaya. I heard Blue Mystic is a large yielder.

How much wattage are they under?

I bloom under 160w of cfl's get very frosty buds, I think they like the friendlier spectrum rather than the force feeding of HID lights.

Lisdexik

I'd have to agree with you - Nirvana seeds are awesome for the price. I would recommend buying multiple packs of the same strain and selecting a mother out of ~20 seeds. I say this because I found a lot of variation among phenotypes within packs of Nirvana seeds.

This pheno of Blue Mystic was not the highest yielder of them all, but had far more color, trichs, flavor, potency than all the other phenos represented in our packs - and was worth looking for.

Here's a link to a thread I made about my CFL hood. It'll answer your question better than I could type
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156004

Thats a nice blue mystic. I grew some out a couple of years ago and they were a lot of fun. I had 2 distinct phenos between my 2 ladies, one was skunky and the other reeked of blueberries. I wish I still had the blueberry pheno one, it is still my favorite to this day. I plan on growing some more soon! Nice work, looking forward to some updates!

Lisdexik

Forgot to update last week...

Shes starting to get some color

Smells like candy/grapefruit/skunk, pretty complex

39 Days 12/12
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lisdexik

choder

yo man these are nasty when do a trim them to grow like that a got little ones still in 24 i need to do that to mine

Lisdexik

I vegged for about a month total. I took bout 4 clones off of her over that time period, then put her into 12/12 when every fresh grow shoot was fully developed and ready to stretch.

Lisdexik

Started to flush her a few days ago, I like a nice long flush - I hate smoking overfed buds....

She will get EWC, Kelp, and Molasses teas until the last week, then she will get rock powder tea during the final stage of flush

Day 43 shots
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lisdexik

barth

Hey Lisdexik,

I have also grown out Blue Mystic 2 times now. I have the blueberry pheno. It yields well. I am a very light feeder so i had some problems the first run. I got a lot of problem. then the second run i fed her like a pig and she turned out great. I will be running it again next month.

Your ladies look great. You seem to have it all dialed in.

Lisdexik

I agree on the feeding. I feed her very very heavy flowering weeks 1-4, then I back off slowly and let the soil ammendments do the work. She still loses some leaves towards the end, but I'll take the slight decrease in yeild for the better quality end product, every time.

Lisdexik

Complete organic fert powder (lifelink) - has a bunch of ingredients
High N guano
Blood Meal
Bone Meal
Kelp Meal
Jersey Greensand
Dolomite lime
Rock Phosphate
Epsom Salt

Lisdexik

Looks like this round is going to smoke real clean!

Day 50
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll be taking her down in about a week, and will post up some shots before and after the chop

Lisdexik

bigAl25

Veteran
Dear Lisdexik, When do you remove the fan leaves? I now have two each of AK48, Bubblelicious, and Strawberry Bubba Kush in 2 weeks of flower. I did not notice any fan leaves on the main stems of your Blue Mystic. I am contemplating removing my large fan leaves to allow more light to all the buds, but I do not know the correct time in flower to do that.
By the way, I have my fem Nirvana Blue Mystic beans stored and after seeing your results they are now on the list for my next grow. Kudos on a great job.