What's new

Blue Dream

Hashist

Hi! It's me again, Margaret! Part 3 of my 4-part series of intro pictorials I'm doing to intro y'all to me and my garden.

Pix of Riot's "Blue Dream S1" at nine weeks. I overpruned her. She's lucky. A few got scalped worse than her she. A word of advice: Stay away from the hash cookies before heading into the garden for any sensitive work.

W5MN8.jpg

NJcas.jpg

68uaq.jpg

L1jFY.jpg

Hashist

Really up, no ceiling. Definitely a zinger, but if you practice a little moderation, you won't incapacitate yourself. If you don't.... at least you won't be tired. I've never done a smoke report for it, but I can if you're interested. It smells like blueberry muffin batter; it's really sweet blueberry-ish and a little tart/tangy. I"ve kept it around for a reason!

Mr_Grimbo

Yikes, you really scalped her, but she looks great where she has hair:)

Just wanted to ask about the soft buckets. We just picked up a bunch of three gallon and he is running them next to buckets same size. All of a sudden the shop went to another brand though, no handles cut into the sides, I don't like them at all.

Mr. Grimbo

Hashist

i've got fabric pots with and without handles by different manufacturers. I find the handles get in the way when I'm watering, so I prefer the fabric pots without handles.

Hashist

And, there's actually a method to that pruning style, Mr. Grimbo. I've got the cutting part down perfectly. There's another half of the technique that I have yet to master - cultivating a larger number of strong lateral limbs and then choosing the ones to retain.

Hashist

So, you actually caught me in the middle of a learning process. ;) I hope I get better at the other half quickly. :D

Hashist

Yeah, frito - mine come off pretty easily, especially in flower. It is kind of nice, and I had noticed it myself. I have a few plants like that, but there are some greedy girls who hang onto them they way a mother's purse collects used kleenexes.

caddis

pistolwhipt trim style? Anyways nice flush on that girl should be some nice white ash, thanks for sharing.

caddis

Apodo

Why the S1 one method and not a backcross?, take your favourite blueberry male, make some progeny, backcross and... you will have seeds that will be welcomed in any garden in the states.
It takes bit of more time, but you will have a potential "Bluedream" strain perpetuated in seed (with both genders, and the possibility of doing F2 to the lucky one who receives those seeds).

MtnLivin

S1's are just as great. It's actually a BETTER way to get the representation you are looking for in a strain.

theres actually a strain called johnny blaze you can get seeds of. its blue berry x super silver haze or some shit like that. basically same lineage as blue dream but different cuts used.. it would be cool to find a male in those and hit it to the blue dream clone and then once more to make a solid bx.. and if the outcross is kind of the same thing anyway it should be dead on blue dream in regular seeds, dont even have to be fems..

someone shoulld do that im just saying.. i dont care enough about blue dream to do it myself or i would. im trying a similar thing with green crack and appalacia as the outcross.

but back to blue dream, i just got a super sick ass looking male out of some blue dream x larry og beans.. definite og dominant but im sure a lot of blue dream traits will come through which isnt a bad thing.. we'll see how the offsprig come out, got some females in flower too so seeing them will help me know what to expect from the male.. its gonna be bad ass.

triangle kush x blue dream/larry og
skywalker og x blue dream/larry og
gsc forum cut x blue dream/larry og
cherry pie x blue dream/larry og

etc etc.. those sound like some nice hybrids huh?? what do yall think? is it worth it to use it or should i keep looking for a better og kush male? im trying to find a solid og kush male.. i know this one aint pure og but blue dream isnt a bad thing to add to, especially hitting it back to ogs. might boost the yields and add a new flavor thats awesome. we'll see.

there goes edro

Veteran
theres actually a strain called johnny blaze you can get seeds of. its blue berry x super silver haze or some shit like that. basically same lineage as blue dream but different cuts used.. it would be cool to find a male in those and hit it to the blue dream clone and then once more to make a solid bx.. and if the outcross is kind of the same thing anyway it should be dead on blue dream in regular seeds, dont even have to be fems..

someone shoulld do that im just saying.. i dont care enough about blue dream to do it myself or i would. im trying a similar thing with green crack and appalacia as the outcross.

but back to blue dream, i just got a super sick ass looking male out of some blue dream x larry og beans.. definite og dominant but im sure a lot of blue dream traits will come through which isnt a bad thing.. we'll see how the offsprig come out, got some females in flower too so seeing them will help me know what to expect from the male.. its gonna be bad ass.

etc etc.. those sound like some nice hybrids huh?? what do yall think? is it worth it to use it or should i keep looking for a better og kush male? im trying to find a solid og kush male.. i know this one aint pure og but blue dream isnt a bad thing to add to, especially hitting it back to ogs. might boost the yields and add a new flavor thats awesome. we'll see.

JohnnyBlaze is Sativa leaning Blueberry x Neville's Haze
Cant remember which is the mom and which is the dad, but interested in trying this strain if I ever get the room. Probably stretches her ass off during flower.

Hashist

Riot used Johnny Blaze to make his Strawberry Creme bx line. I am confident he used it in conjunction with BD, too, but I don't recall in which particular capacity it was used.

The crosses sound great, slausongardens! cp and gsc especially. I don't know how you feel about reversing plants, but I might even consider reversing BD to thin the kushiness in the crosses a bit. That's me, though - it's not that i don't like kushes, either. Just looking for a \varied expression of genetics is all!

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why the S1 one method and not a backcross?, take your favourite blueberry male, make some progeny, backcross and... you will have seeds that will be welcomed in any garden in the states.
It takes bit of more time, but you will have a potential "Bluedream" strain perpetuated in seed (with both genders, and the possibility of doing F2 to the lucky one who receives those seeds).

I just harvested about 1000 Super Silver Haze x Blueberry beans, will be putting them out as testers in January. The goal is to recreate Blue Dream in seed form. If the cross is an accurate representation, I'm going to go so far as to call it Blue Dream II.

Beautiful BD pics Hashit!

the blue dream used a specific haze cut from santa cruz, an old very very dank haze that is. i guess its a super silver haze pheno.. but i think it was this dank ass haze pheno that made the blue dream so special.

hopefully your super silver haze pheno is similar. i'd be curious to see how it comes out, might be a lot different but dank in its own right. its fun seeing the offspring of the same parents but different phenos.

interesting to know that the johnny blaze used nevilles haze, which a lot of people say is one of the better hazes.. and a sativa blueberry, must be a more sativaish blue dream, curious to see how any of those beans would come out.

but festivus, maybe you should also find a good male from your beans and hit it to the blue dream clone and make a blue dream bx.. if the outcross is super silver haze x blue berry it might be pretty damn close. blue dream is blue berry x santa cruz haze though, i wonder how much different the super silver haze x blueberry would be.. ive seen offspring come out completely different when the parents were flipped. its weird.

Latest posts

Latest posts