What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Dream Full Melt tested at 68% THC!!!

I

idoreallytry

beautiful hash,,,those are some nice pics
68% i don't know what it is normally but damn that is a lot,,,peace

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well it was tested at Harborside and dude was told they usually see around 42-44% in top shelf shit

Buddle

Veteran
Looks delicious.Thx for sharing the pics with us.Wonder why the procedure is supposed to stay so secret..lol?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Don't have the report the hash was gifted to me out of dude's personal first wash stash and he sells the 2nd wash to Harborside and all I know is he used a Bubblator

ourcee

Well it was tested at Harborside and dude was told they usually see around 42-44% in top shelf shit

I'm REALLY interested in the testing procedures.

Do they do a GC/MS? (gas chromatography/ mass spectrometry)? These machines cost hundreds of thousands of dollars brand new and probably need an equally expensive engineer to successfully and accurately operate....

unless they have a lab/research department they can (apparently) constantly test samples at.

I've actually been looking at what it would take to have a portable GC/MS machine and provide extremely accurate test results on EVERY batch of meds for a couple collectives. I think this info could be VERY desirable for co ops and patients alike. Might make the professionalism and quality control for MMJ increase a little if it was status quo.
:joint:

OsWiZzLe

Blue Dream on its best day grown at 10 weeks isnt even a 7 on 1-10 scale as far as potency...that claim for 68% seems about as legit as Advanced Nutrients Kushie Kush claim of 17% increase in yiled that are kush strains

Magic P.

well, it looks pretty nice, but still... there's no way it could be above 50% in my humble opinion. It may contain 68% of rosin but THC won't go over 40% of the volume. Never.

JWH-018

Yeah, they have a GC/MS lab. It's another company but I think HHC backed them to open up. They also supposedly test for mildew, mold and other pathogens. I'd be curious what their lab procedures are but they keep the details shrouded in mystery. Wonder where one would get ~100% pure THC, THCA, CBD, CBN etc reference samples for starters.

I've always been a tad suspicious that they might be over estimating by a small amount, but I have no backup for that. If they were though I think it might tend to get exagerated the higher the concentration was. I agree it's a pretty neat thing to see the results of, but I think the pathogen tests are probably the most valuable for the med community to adopt en masse.

I've never bought one nor do I know how to run it, but I did some looking into it and it seems like you can get some lower end GCMS gear for in the five figure range - is that BS?

Here's a press release-ish article from west coast leaf from when they launched it.

Harborside launches lab testing program

Concentrates found to contain more CBD than do flowers

By Shiloh Brotherman

In mid-December 2008, Harborside Health Center became the first dispensary in California to offer laboratory testing of its medicine. All flowers and concentrates distributed by the Oakland collective are now laboratory tested for safety and potency. It uses plate culture analysis to detect pathogenic molds invisible to the human eye, which may pose a health hazard to patients with compromised immune systems. Potency tests use gas chromatography/ mass spectrometry/flame ionization detection to measure the percentages of three major cannabinoids: THC, CBD, and CBN.
Harborside CEO Steve DeAngelo greeted the program with enthusiasm “For first time in the history of human cannabis consumption, patients have a scientific assessment of the safety and potency of their medicine prior to ingesting it.”

The program is the result of a long and painstaking development process, undertaken in partnership with the Analytical Laboratory Project. The seeds of the program were planted at the 2007 NORML conference, when ALP founders David Lampach and Addison DeMoura met lifelong activist DeAngelo.

“Everybody we talked to said it had been tried before, but that it was impossible” said Lampach, “We never believed that; and when we met Steve, he agreed and encouraged us to develop the testing program. So we took the plunge and started purchasing equipment.”

Over the course of the next 18 months, ALP developed analytical methods in partnership with a senior bio-chemist from one of the Bay Area’s most prestigious research institutions. Additional scientific oversight is provided by London’s Institute of Psychiatry and the University of the City of London, in a partnership with the internationally renowned Beckley Foundation.

The ultimate goal of the partnership is the development of a comprehensive database to compile patient evaluations of tested medicine samples. This database could one day identify the most therapeutically active components in the cannabis plant, and guide future development of cannabinoid medicines. Lady Amanda Neidpath, Director of the Beckley Foundation, commented, “It could very well be a scientific gold mine.” After a short beta phase at Harborside, ALP will extend the testing program to dispensaries, collectives, and growers state-wide.

Results so far show that most of the medicine presented to Harborside is free of pathogenic molds; but some samples have traces of the aspergillus mold — possibly fatal to patients with very seriously compromised immune systems. Harborside returns to the grower all items found to contain any aspergillus and any that exceed American Herbal Products Assn. standards for mold content. Harborside THC content has ranged from 5.18 to 87.60 percent (including care packages and concentrates), with most flower varieties falling between 15 and 25 percent, and most concentrates between 20 and 80 percent.

Levels of CBD, a cannabinoid of intense interest to researchers, vary markedly between flowers and concentrates. CBD levels in flowers generally have been less than 1 percent, while concentrates — often made from leaf material — have up to three times more. Because researchers and some patients believe CBD has great therapeutic potential, this may be the most important finding of the program so far.

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Ok folks so I've never been able to make a thread for hash cuz I never have any really!!! Well I was gifted some Blue Dream Full Melt made in a Bubblator and was tested at Harborside with a 68% THC content and they couldn't believe it!

OK well 68% of what? Just quoting a percentage doesnt make sense. 68% of what? Its not gona be 68% of the total mass of the hash. so is it 68% of total canabinoids, or what? nice bubble by the way...

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
wow! that looks retarded, your buddy def knows whats up,

you should get him to give up his recipe:joint:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
What does harbor give wholesale for 60%+ stuff though?

Also what are they trying to sell it for?