What's new

Blue Doggy Dogg (grow)

Blue Doggy Dogg = Blue Magoo (clone only) x Chem 4 bx3 (sierraskunk)

This is a strain that I'm excited to check out. I made these beans over a year ago but I haven't really grown them out yet. After sampling the finished buds from one of my testers' indoor plants, I decided to grow some myself and see what phenos I could find. My tester calls his keeper pheno "Blue Fire". But the real name of the strain is "Blue Doggy Dogg".

These are pics of my test growers' keeper "Blue Doggy Dogg" pheno dubbed, "Blue Fire" (which is making it's rounds in the Salem area). I have seen his pheno go blue in cold conditions. But there was no color in the care package he gave me recently. I was told it grew closer to the light this time.

Blue Fire pheno

Last edited:
Now, on with the show. (I'm on week 2 of flowering right now. But I'll go back to the beginning for you guys.) I started by taking 12 BDD seeds and putting them in water to germinate.

4- 5 days later they were ready to be put into a grow medium. All 12 sprouted (100% germ rate).

I carefully took the sprouted seeds out of the water, cleaned off any remaining seed coat pieces, and transplanted them into nursery pots filled with TGA Natural and Organic Soil.

The seedlings stayed in the nursery pots for 2 weeks before I upgraded them to 1 gal grow bags (filled with a layered blend of TGA Super Soil and TGA Natural and Organic). After being placed in 1 gal bags, I vegged them for another 2 weeks before I topped clones off each plant. After clones were taken, the plants stayed in veg for another 2 weeks until all clones were fully rooted and healthy. Once I had a copy of each plant, I top dressed the plants with more TGA Super Soil and put them into flower to search for my keeper phenos. The plants were mature enough by this time that they started showing sex the week that I flipped them to flowering. #3, #4, #5, #6, #9, #10, #11 are all female (7 females total). #1, #2, #7, #8, #12 are all males (5 males total).

These are the clones that I took.

Ickis

Veteran
Those buds are fantastic looking.

Good luck with the grow. If you get buds like that you will be a happy grower.

BDD #3 (start of week 8)

BDD #3 (start of week 8)

Sorry for not keeping this thread up to date like I wanted to. Once I realized I could only add 5 pics per post, I was like, "Fuck it. I'll just come back when I find my keepers." I didn't wanna be the asshole hogging up the feed every week, lol. But for those who are interested, the full journal can be found online pretty easily. I won't say where, but google can help you with that.

Finding my personal keepers from the F1-Blue Doggy Dogg was not an easy task. The 7 females I have, all look dank as hell. But the 3 females that I have selected as my keeper cuts, are no doubt the best females available to me this round. I've selected a Chem 4 leaning female (BDD #11), an in-between pheno female (BDD #5), and a Blue Magoo leaning female (BDD #3).

BDD #3 (start of week 8)

Last edited: