What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Digi Rhino

24 days from germ.
Let's see how these top clones do VG
20220502_073238.jpg

20220502_073155.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey dots, thanks for posting this up... fingers crossed for the tip cuts.. they sometimes work!

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For the record this cross is White Rhino x BlueDigiBerry.
My attempt at a blue/white pairing. The Rhino is the 'North London White Rhino' clone which was a popular commercial cut back in the 90's. is very Cheesy / Skunky and seems to cross very well.
The BDB (F2) pollen is the same mix that i used for the BDB F3 generation.

My attempt at a blue/white pairing. The Rhino is the 'North London White Rhino' clone which was a popular commercial cut back in the 90's. is very Cheesy / Skunky and seems to cross very well.
The seed plants are still chilling in cups this morning.
20220504_081804.jpg

Happy Times

Like the sound of that combo there VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great ! those serrations are DEEP man! - and the Elmer fudd shotgun... is that how you prepare them for rooting ?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Phew! i thought i'd missed out on a new rooting hack !
Blue stem smells already is great.. The rhino is pretty strong in the cross with its cheesy skunky funk that i was hoping it wouldn't stomp on the BDB too hard.
VG

Phew! i thought i'd missed out on a new rooting hack !
Blue stem smells already is great.. The rhino is pretty strong in the cross with its cheesy skunky funk that i was hoping it wouldn't stomp on the BDB too hard.
VG
To be fair, it may root better😯 I did whiff some cheesy funky ones too..
Looking great ! those serrations are DEEP man! - and the Elmer fudd shotgun... is that how you prepare them for rooting ?

True that!
20220507_122653.jpg

I decided to pot them up !!

20220507_125323.jpg

20220507_121446.jpg

5368209.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting, never has a quadrifoliate or trifoliate amongst my gear before. hey @............. is the whole plant the same or is it just one branch ?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah they look great! the 4 branch thing could be a 'sport' which is what they call a mutation on a branch. Lots of new rose varieties come from sports. or it might be fasciation... we'll keep an eye on it..

I think its the fasciation🧐
@11 days
20220525_135847.jpg

20220525_135840.jpg
20220525_134200.jpg

The stem is flat and wide like celery
20220525_134356.jpg

#1 yellowing from the bottom before I plucked them off..
20220525_134725.jpg

#?
20220525_135054.jpg

20220525_135155.jpg
20220525_135219.jpg

20220525_135206.jpg

20220525_135223.jpg

These may not get tall enough to finish.. I jumped the gun and flowered too soon.. even though I had time and space to veg more.. Doh !!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey dots they look good ! - yes if the stem is flat then likely it is fasciation... which can be for a variety of reasons. - still just on the one plant ?
nice compact structure.. they look closer to the WR than the BDB in that sense.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
7 girls is great.. i really like the look of the plants.. distinctive leaf shape etc..looks like there is some good vigor there but also very compact... they stayed short overall? seem to have topped out now.
VG