What's new

Blue-adepts DIY SuperStealth tubs + pics

Blue_adept

Tony Aroma said:
Once the plants get big, how do you get at them?
How do you water them?
Do you have to take them out?
And how about training?
Once they start filling up the space, how do you do things that require you to reach down into the bottom?
And when they get really big, how do you get the top tub back on after taking it off? Don't the plants have a tendency to spread horizontally beyond the rim of the bottom tub?

once the plants are about 8in high i attach the scrog screens to the pots, i set up the cab for 3 plants, and built the screens to fit the space. They are made from 1/2in pvc with hemp twine as the screen. The first grow i just taped the legs of the screens to the pots, on future grows i will probably zip tie or screw them. To water them i just lift out one plant at a time and water/feed, then put them back. I didnt have any problems with this method for a whole grow (even when they were in full flower), and it makes for easy flushing. The 1.5 inches or so of wasted space covered by the ring of the lid is irrelevant because thats where the pvc from the screens goes around the edge. To remove the top, i simply lift from the top large tub's handles. Toward the last week of flower the buds were so heavy they were all falling over, to keep from squishing them in the lid/tub intersection i just flopped them away from the edge.

27457sscab-001.jpg

27457sscab-002.jpg

27457sscab-003.jpg

I hope that explanation and pics answer your questions :)

BA

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Blue_adept said:
I hope that explanation and pics answer your questions :)
Yes it does. Quite clearly. Thanks.

BTW, what kind of yield do you get from those three plants? Looks like about half-gallon pots, and I don't believe you mentioned the wattage of those 12 bulbs.

Blue_adept

312w total (12x26w) I dont have a scale so i didn't measure weight, but i estimate ~2.5oz on my first run. I vegged until the screens were full then flowered. Ended up with 4-5 large colas per plant, and a ton of popcorn buds(which made QWISO hash).

BA

C

Cozy Amnesia

Now lets see what some plants in there look like :D...

soon maybe?

Tanuvan

Blue_adept, you have definitely raised the bar on Tub growing. Dare I say, this will be one of those threads that will be referred to for a long time to come. :joint:

Seriously, this tub is better designed than some wood cabinets that I have seen. :jump:

G

I was thinking along your lines of a CFL light box a couple weeks ago and drew up a quick sketchup model of it. Since then Im now going HPS

THoC

Very nice setup BlueAdept.
Gearing up to setup my grow again and have been trying to figure out a nice small setup. Been doing alot of box grows but felt like playing a little this time around and thought I should try a tub. Never liked the upside down tub look and was thinking along your lines for stacking. your light box and filter/fan is quite sweet!

You said you have done some runs in this setup... what where your average temps... and where you happy with the odor control? How often did you need to replace the charcoal?

cheers

Blue_adept

Thank you all :) glad i could be of inspiration/help.

The temps in the grow chamber average 7-8*F above ambient with lights on. Most of the generated heat is pulled out of the light box quickly.

Odor control was quite good for such a small surface area of filtration media. I ended up changing the carbon when i could start smelling herb from a few feet away, which was once a month or so in full flower, I also noticed a light sprinkle of scented kitty litter on top of the carbon did wonders for odor control.

Isaac

p.s. I just started soaking some beans :) so I should have some pics soon.

dotblunt

Dude, you just solved my wife's dilemma of how to get her closet back!

Excellent idea, my carpainting skills need work but this is doable!

Thanks for inspiring me to write my first post here!

DB-Mark

nerve

awsome build man, +props for you. I love your setup, i'd like to do something like this but im not the most "handy" person so i'd have to have like step by step instructions (like the "for dummies" books lol). Anyway, awsome build, good info, stay safe man and happy growing.

Blue_adept

I was shooting for a fairly step by step instructions in this post, if you decide to build one nerve, ask any questions you need.

Cozy- thanks :) damn thing is blinding if its facing you when its on. you think "pssssh...312watts of flouros...how bright can it be?...OH GOD! MY EYES!)

BA

VaporBros

How did you wire up all the bulb fixtures? Did you just splice the wires and connect them all together? How did you get them plugged into the power surge?

Blue_adept

VB- you can see the wires in parallel in the pic i posted just a few posts up. I did the same on both sides, then ran them up through a hole in the board there into the top tub. A generic plug end attached to my 2 wires finished the job.

BA

VaporBros

Ok, sounds simple enough.

How is the cooling for the light box? Thats alotta light, average temps? Also, what size containers are those? Thanks for the help man. Im going to try and copy your design haha

Latest posts

Latest posts