What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blowfish

G

some shots of a lone Blowfish @ 6wks flower. was gifted 5 beans from down under last year. the peep that I get um from I guess scores lots of DFs test beans. i believe these originated with BF F1 test beans???

this plant is somethin else when growin, lush, lots of branchin, and some really big phat buds. prolly one of the best yieldin plants thats been thru my OP.

nice frosty tric field, went over board with the nutes with this plany as well. sometimes just cant help myself, lol.

aromas dont seem to have developed yet, or its some unfamiliar aroma, like a early flowerin plant. strong but seems green??

I can see this plant knockin a few elites outta the momma room if she smokes like Ive heard. many have said its a solid 9 in potentcy. just from the way this plant has grown in my OP I went and scored three packs of the F2s that are around.

CBF

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The green smell might come from the nutes you say you overdid it with. You can definitely smell nutes in resin. That's another way I like to test when my plants need to eat - by the smell of the resins. But that comes with experience, which is why I hardly ever try to explain what nuted resins smell like. Hard to put in words.

Looks like she'll yield good though. :smile:

G

wowwwwwwwww

wowwwwwwwww

impressive!

i hear blowfish is one of the most coveted "elite"'s , CBF
wouldnt be kicking out elites as much as you're replacing them :-D

be well CBF and have a nice weekend

cj

G

Crazy Composer said:
The green smell might come from the nutes you say you overdid it with. You can definitely smell nutes in resin. That's another way I like to test when my plants need to eat - by the smell of the resins. But that comes with experience, which is why I hardly ever try to explain what nuted resins smell like. Hard to put in words.

Looks like she'll yield good though. :smile:

Ahhh yes CC, makes perfect sense, I use a fish fert in flower and as soon as I read your post, it clicked. found out as well today she could finish as early as 49 days. so the flush is on. gonna have to really flush her good id guess. thanks bro

CBF

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you smell the fish coming through slightly?

I've used fish before, wouldn't ever do it again, unless it was outside or it was such a small amount that it would be totally used up in a few weeks.

My buds had a fish taste to them. Terrible dissapointment.

G

hey CC, yeah a slight fishyness to the aroma. had it once before in some bud, cant remember what type of plant, was nasty, lol. been usin this fert(neptunes harvest) for almost a year now. for me it seems I get a bigger bud with it. shes on straight water till the end now, as well as that jamaican jam i over did it with as well.

hey SS, any clones i give up are usually in other gardens. case i wanna grow um again. plenty of peeps on the net with what has been thru my OP.

heres whats currently motherin up:wink:

blowfish
manga rosa
ol blue
Nice
sourDeez
TW
OPT
Mothers finest
strawberry cough
dama dulce

CBF

Last edited:
G

wowwwwwwwww

wowwwwwwwww

impressive!

i hear blowfish is one of the most coveted "elite"'s , CBF
wouldnt be kicking out elites as much as you're replacing them :-D

be well CBF and have a nice weekend

cj

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
CBF said:
heres whats currently motherin up:wink:

blowfish
manga rosa
ol blue
Nice
sourDeez
TW
OPT
Mothers finest
strawberry cough
dama dulce

CBF

:yoinks: DAMN is there anything you havent got or can get ?? :fsu: :biglaugh: as alway's extremlely :yummy: handsome :wave: :friends: :wink: .

P.S.
What ya think of a few of Goldking's Thai and Mowie Wowie in your parcel :eek: hope all is well with you and your's handsome.Take care and above all be SAFE :wave: :friends: :wink:.

G

hello teresa, more is better:D

lots of stuff goes in and out. really havent settled on a good rotation yet, but do have keepers for sure, these 4 cuts have stayed for some time in my OP(BB is new).

SC
Nice
Ol Blue
TW

theres many lines id like to get my hands on, and am not in the loop:(

was lookin at this plant this am, and she just gets phatter and phatter. been told she may finish as fast as 48 days. with altitude here, I think she may be ready by next weekend.

really am lookin forward to the smoke

CBF

G

Been reading bout this strain, is it the same as what 3lb is working with?

G

BigMo said:
Been reading bout this strain, is it the same as what 3lb is working with?

hey Mo, yeah its the same line from Dutch Flowers. the beans i have were from down under and I think they were the BF test beans sent around way back. not positive though.

have 3 packs of 3lbs offerin as well, just waitin for um to show up.

CBF

Last edited:
G

Hey CBF, nice to see BlowFish made its way over here. Your plant is looking really nice. Can't wait to see what she does in the end. Looking forward to your smoke report on her. I've seen some F2's have landed over at C-bay. Don't know the source of them, but if someone is lookng to get some. They are over there now. Hope all turns out well for you CBF, but i know it will. Those buds sites are looking really good.
Take care

G

dont know how there gonna smoke, but reviews rate the bud pretty high. and from just the growth, I went and picked up more of um. real good yield with this plant.

some info for those that arent familiar with the offerin.............

BLOWFISH (G13 / Blue Dot / Oregon Funk) F1

Named after the deadly Japanese delicatessen, this breeding project begun when we set out to improve taste and yield —two weak traits of the G-13— by using Oregon Funk as a pollen donor. The results were quite pleasing but the smoke test revealed that G-13's power had been downgraded somewhat. Then it was the turn of a very impressive Blue Dot hybrid stud, which qualified the G-13 with great taste and no harm to its potency, although this time yield was less than desired. Finally, we applied heavy selection to each of these two G-based lines, and crossed them giving rise to Blowfish, a winning combination of G-13's deadly punch and the quality and taste of the Funk and Dot lines.
Blowfish exhibits great F1 vigor and disease resistance in a well-behaved plant that avoids the undesirable traits of "blue" genetics (difficult to grow, brittle, leafy, poor calyx to leaf ratio) while maintaining the flavor of the Funk and Dot ancestors and the brain-warping power of the G-13. A prolific flower producer even under poor conditions (it actually prefers low nutrient levels), this low-maintenance strain bears wonderfully dense buds, with a thick coating of milky crystals that will rival the best of the "white" strains in both crystal coverage and brain-thumping quality, with much better flavor and yield. We are proud to offer a hybrid carrying no White Widow, Northern Lights, Skunk or Blueberry in its composition.
Parental selection focused on potency and yield, as taste and resin genes were already well fixed on the Funk and Dot lines. Outstanding ancestors infuse the plant with a high quality feel, evident in the glossy leaves, harmonious phenotype and the particularly frosted, heavy and aromatic buds. Blowfish tends to branch out while adding girth to flowering clusters, forming sizeable snowy colas for excellent yield. Despite the remarkable density of its bud structure, mold and mites have not been a problem. This fish likes plenty of water as well as appropriate root and growing space, but prefers low levels of nutrients to fully express its potential. Very well-suited for bubbler systems and SCROG styles.
Blowfish retained the breathless intensity of G-13, with much better yield and a unique taste of berries and motor grease with fuel undertones that will appeal to pot-snobs. The experienced puffer will recognize a rotten animal scent lurking in the background of this Puffer, a sign of the abiding sativa influence that was a common denominator in parental stock selection. Its buds smoke very smooth and clean, with a great berry taste and a hashy feel that relates to its impressive crystal coverage.
Known as Fugu in Japan, Blowfish flowers live up to its namesake as a lethal delicacy with a body-paralyzing yet heady cerebral effect that defies traditional "Indica" and "Sativa" classification. The plant's elegance stands in sharp contrast with the muscle and intensity of its buds, which stun the body but thrust the mind into a euphoric trippy experience with excellent visuals and duration. It does not seem to build tolerance with experienced smokers, maintaining its knock-out quality over repeated use.

CBF

toofat

CBF, I grew some my last grow and it was the biggest baddest plant in the garden. The potency was way up there. Mine smelled very fruity, but not until the end. :wave: