What's new

Bloom Boosters and 6/9

HHULKK

1.2 feeds work with the anticipated buildup obtained from little to no run off. When watering 20% plus run off it may come to a point where 1.2 Ec is not strong enough to keep heavy feeders green because you're simply resetting the plants medium to 1.2 when the plants really could use more @ peak stages of bloom. I run plenty runoff, more than needed and when feeding 6/9 @ 1.5 Ec it simply was not enough for my bubbas. As soon as I bumped up Ec the plants greened up and stayed healthy. 2.0 runoff may be a good thing. Paying attention to the actual plant health shows more than just judging feed levels by runoff.

Miraculous Meds

If you are going to dilute the 6/9 then you may as well use the GH Flora Series Simple Drain to waste nute schedule posted on their website cause I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of difference if you are not running 6-9 per gal.

One of the main reasons to dilute it is if a variety is nute sensitive and burns and that nute concentration, while keeping the correct npk ratios for coco cec.

Miraculous Meds

1.2 feeds work with the anticipated buildup obtained from little to no run off. When watering 20% plus run off it may come to a point where 1.2 Ec is not strong enough to keep heavy feeders green because you're simply resetting the plants medium to 1.2 when the plants really could use more @ peak stages of bloom. I run plenty runoff, more than needed and when feeding 6/9 @ 1.5 Ec it simply was not enough for my bubbas. As soon as I bumped up Ec the plants greened up and stayed healthy. 2.0 runoff may be a good thing. Paying attention to the actual plant health shows more than just judging feed levels by runoff.

I agree with paying attention to the plant.

How often were u watering? I haven't had a strain need more, but I water quite often so they always have 1 to 1.2ec, and its never a prob. Even with Bubba.

HHULKK

I agree with paying attention to the plant.

How often were u watering? I haven't had a strain need more, but I water quite often so they always have 1 to 1.2ec, and its never a prob. Even with Bubba.

I was hand watering once a day. If I had done multi watering I may have been able to get away with a lower feed level as you stated. This was my first true 20% runoff grow and it worked out amazing. I now feel that I can manage the same with minimal runoff and lower feed levels.

theother

As soon as I bumped up Ec the plants greened up and stayed healthy. 2.0 runoff may be a good thing. Paying attention to the actual plant health shows more than just judging feed levels by runoff.

This is a super important point I think. If you are going to feed high you need to have an understanding of what you want the plant to look like at different stages. Experience, high light and dialed environment and you can definitely start pushing stuff up and get a reward. On the other hand it is a safe assumption that 90% of every "deficiency" is actually overfeeding LOL.