What's new

bloody fiddly little buggers

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Aw lads... I've been living in Holland now for some 15 years and I know I'm spoilt an all but I just ran out of big skins and feck me, I'm proper strugglin with these little blue rizla... funny, cuz time was that's all I used but right now I'm all fingers and thumbs and bits falling out every bloody where...looks like a rolled up copy of the mirror ... lol

just thought I'd spare a thought for all my homebakes.. although I hear "Big Rizla" are now in every corner shop.... phew :)

pointless thread really, just thought I'd say :)

Just a thought...

Just a thought...

Maybe you should stick to the 'L' skin type of setup. Much easier than trying for two end-2-end. No fecking about with a third rizla for extra glue. Plus it encourages meaty cone style spliffs. Nice!

I & I

Heavy Discipline:whip:

JamieShoes

Veteran
mate... I AM using the L format ...hehehehe it's just been too long :D

p.s meaty cone style for the win! ;)

You got to have that cone! If the first two tokes haven't made you cough up a lung, you fucked up the joint!!!

Keep trying for the win Mr JamieShoes

JamieShoes

Veteran
cheers HD... 3 little rizla spliffs in and its all comin back to me... this one even has half the weed still in it :D

I find I have to roll on the vertical to stop all the weed falling out. It sure was easier when I use to lace my spliffs with rolling tobacco. Still, I think my lungs are feeling better for it. My spliffs certainly taste better.

Never managed to master that crazy back-to-front upside-down dutch rolling style. That I stumble on...

Noticed much change with the new smoking rules they brought out recently in holland? I bet not many of the locals have converted to pure spliffs!

JamieShoes

Veteran
mate, I can do the upside down thing, but really its a pain - there IS less paper though.

since the changes a few of the coffeeshops have gone completely "smoke free", some allow "pure smoking" only and others have kinda stuck with the typical Dutch attitude of "you won't tell me what to do" and so do different things to get around the laws. These range from blatently ignoring the law and allowing smoking tobacco whilst looking the other way and some others have cleverly screened off the "smoking area" so it was no longer a "work environment" as no one actually works in there.

you can always find somewhere tobacco friendly if you re looking :)

Cheers for the update. Off the ciggies myself, but often visit with people who'd whitie in their knickers if they had a pure one.

Was in haarlem not too long ago (since the ban), and a couple of places didn't seem to be enforcing it. I thought it was some sort of 'grace' period or something.

I know when I went to Yanks (Zandvoort) in spring, the barman wasn't best pleased when I sat near him and started hiting my hash pipe. He asked me to move upstairs and pointed at some vague, meaningless sign that read 'no smoking of any kind in this area please' in big bold red letters. Oops. It kinda put sand in the fella's vagina. Not a happy chap. I found it all very confusing...

JamieShoes

Veteran
lol... big bold meaningless signs are the worst kind :)

a lot of places in haarlem are still having the grace period..lol I was in a bar just up from the station recently, u couldnt see the other side, the place was blue... :)

They'll find ways to bend the law. From what I understand, the Dutch are rather good at that!

Wow, for a pointless thread that sure filled up the page quick.

Peace and Love Mr JamieShoes

I've got a 12 hour day ahead of me. I've gotta be up in, errr, 3 hours time. Doh. and that is why I probably avoided joining this place for so many years....

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I may be a heretic here, but I find blue too fiddly to work with, especially for multi-paper constructions.

Green rizlas are the best. Anyone who complains about tasting the paper has much better taste buds than me.

I'm afraid I gotta admit to being able to taste the difference. But only since giving up the ciggies. I find the blue ones stick a lil' better than the green.

I rock the silvers mostly, but they don't seem to burn as evenly. Since converting to pure spliffs, I've ditched the kingsize in favour of small ones. I'm a heavy toker, and those kingsize pure joints leave me pretty much useless!

It wouldn't be so bad if I could leave a spliff partly smoked, but I suffer from Greedy Bastard Sydrome(GBS). It's a hard life...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
blue? BLUE? guys, you're livin' in the ice age. blue are soooooo 20th century :D

since i started using siver rizlas, smoking a spliff rolled with blue is like inhaling the smoke from 800 guage lining paper!

im afraid i still use tobacco to roll, and fag tobacco at that (i hate rolling tobacco in spliffs)
i also use a filter these days :)

let the flaming commence ;)

V.

daddy fingaz

i had to use small greens the other night after running out of silver king size, i actually quite like rolling with smalls once they're stuck together ( two end to end not an L ) but as V says after rolling with silvers you can taste the paper pretty strong, they do seem to burn a bit more uniformly but also twice as bloody fast as silvers!!

JamieShoes

Veteran
I'm happy again... lil blue's been relegated to the odds n sods box :D

Attachments

• Image088.jpg
    Image088.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 20

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
VerdantGreen, blue slims are my standard, silvers would win if they didn't contain chlorine.
Been using RAW (slims) lately, they are unbleached and chlorine free.

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
yeah mate, on blues it says chlorine free, on rizla that contain chlorine there is no such message, but what ever floats your boat, they all got something in them.
peace

secret21

Local pipe shop down my way sells allsorts of vera`s the whole smoking range and the Raw skins aswell which are a fav of mine, only rizla i use now and it`s only emergency is the silvers.