What's new

BLOCKHEAD from SOL & DJ Short influence?

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
So what is the deal with SOL seeds and the Blockhead strain? Why are their strains no longer being produced if there is such a high demand for them? Many people here seem to know the story but I am not one of them so can someone enlighten us NOOBS whats the deal? :thank you:

B

BrianBadonde

So what is the deal with SOL seeds and the Blockhead strain? Why are their strains no longer being produced if there is such a high demand for them? Many people here seem to know the story but I am not one of them so can someone enlighten us NOOBS whats the deal? :thank you:

Because parent plants are lost hence cannot be re-made in the way they were... other things can be done but as with everything it takes time.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Because parent plants are lost hence cannot be re-made in the way they were... other things can be done but as with everything it takes time.

Ok thanks for taking a stab at it. It doesn't really get to my question but it's a start! Was hoping SOTF420 would share some of his knowledge, he seems to be the biggest SOL guy in this whole forrum so if anybody knows the deal I think its him. Anyone else have any ideas?

outdoordreams

Hey Noobian, Spice of Life Seeds did some amazing work in Switzerland back when it was legal to grow huge numbers. That is where Blockhead and some other great varieties where created. After the legal changes in Switzerland the Spice of Life crew had to shut down and relocate and restructure.
You can find Spice of Lifes newest work in the Deluxe Seeds forum. Kootenay is working with the Original stock to create new things.

Reproducing the same cross over and over is not always possible.
Peace odd

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
I crossed my one and only Blockhead female(from a 5pack freebee from the bay years ago)

I crossed her with an OG kush(abusive x SFV) male from Kryptonite Seeds

making BLOCKHEAD X OG KUSH...have yet to grow these seeds out but I know they will be killer...

peace
Chefboy

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
well 3 out of 4 Blockhead x OG Kush seeds just popped, looks like i will be growing her out this season:dance013::jump:

peace
Chefboy

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
I'm pretty sure F19 was a super potent African strain. Which are known for being extremely psychedelic.

E

EverLast

I crossed my one and only Blockhead female(from a 5pack freebee from the bay years ago)

I crossed her with an OG kush(abusive x SFV) male from Kryptonite Seeds

making BLOCKHEAD X OG KUSH...have yet to grow these seeds out but I know they will be killer...

peace
Chefboy

Hmm sounds tasty:D...please keep us posted! Good luck chefboy6969

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i didnt read the whole thread but if ya want sotf's 2c ur never gonna gett him by saying blockhead... just type the word sweettooth and he will appear ... then let him knoow ya got a blockhead ???s.

bump
great thread! very old! But Im interested in BH because I have two packs of blockhead bx from Bodhi that I am considering making F2 seeds..

Has anyone grown out blockhead OP from Chimera yet?

150 seeds of the classic Spice of Life variety have been open pollinated during our selection process to preserve this rare, elusive, large yielding sweet smelling family. More tightly selected improved Blockheads lines will be offered in the future, but this is your rare opportunity to preserve what the original population offered. Once this seed bulking has been depleted, not more of this open pollinated pure line will be offered.