What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Widow

.Blaque_Scheap.

I've been trying to get a hold of these beans for awhile now. I have researched many seed banks and I believe I am falling short of actually finding anything legitimate. Anyone got any idea of how I can come across these beans?

.Blaque_Scheap.

These are created and sold by Shantibaba from the Mrnice seedsbank. Only the ones from Mrnice seedsbank are the original.

My research has led me to finding that out. Alchimiaweb.com has some but I am just not sure I trust that site since I have never ordered from them before. I have seen that Greenhouse has the White Widow.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I've been trying to get a hold of these beans for awhile now. I have researched many seed banks and I believe I am falling short of actually finding anything legitimate. Anyone got any idea of how I can come across these beans?
Can't answer the Q but, what is the delta between white/black widow?

Tulku

seedsman have the regs in stock....ooops no they don't my damn eyes playin' tricks again

Last edited:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Nirvana seeds, I don't know what the current version is like, but a few years ago it was great ....
Obviously mns black widow too, after all it's their stuff ....(I read great things on Black widow )

goingrey

Nirvana seeds, I don't know what the current version is like, but a few years ago it was great ....
Obviously mns black widow too, after all it's their stuff ....(I read great things on Black widow )
Nirvana even give credit to MNS in their description..

Genetics: Black widow was created when backcrossing White Widow courtesy of Mr. Nice Seed Bank. The White Widow was from 1994, as we wanted to capture all of the amazing characteristics of this old school master. A resin producer of the highest order and must have for those who require an easy to grow strain that performs very well indoors and outdoors.

LostTribe

Premium user
My research has led me to finding that out. Alchimiaweb.com has some but I am just not sure I trust that site since I have never ordered from them before. I have seen that Greenhouse has the White Widow.

They are usually available on the Mr. Nice auction for much cheaper but you might have to ask for some to be listed they rotate the auctions I think. I got some NH there for $30 shipped for a 17 pack direct from Shanti.

The Black Widow is the original version of White Widow.

FranJan

I've been ordering from MrNice since the early teens and have never had an issue. As a matter of fact my first order from them was BW and the package got destroyed by a sorting machine. All I got was an empty package, some kinda ribbon and a letter explaining there was an issue. Told MrNice what happened, they asked me to send me a few pictures and a few days later they sent out new beans. I've been ordering from them since and I just grabbed a few auctions recently, (including re-upping on some BW for ~40.00), before the price increase, (the minimum starting price on the auctions went from 12.50 to 15.00). I paid through Wise and payment was confirmed 2 days later.

Yeah the website has kinda got long in the tooth and who's ever running it needs to put the bong down for a second and update it a bit but the auctions and store work no problem. It's really not Shanti and Co.'s primary interest nowadays and it shows but I will never stop growing his gear. Get Mr.Nice's Black Widow and once you grow it you'll know why you made the right choice.

They are usually available on the Mr. Nice auction for much cheaper but you might have to ask for some to be listed they rotate the auctions I think. I got some NH there for $30 shipped for a 17 pack direct from Shanti.

The Black Widow is the original version of White Widow.
I think it's Black Widow is the reworked version of White Widow using the original genetics.

FranJan

White Widow was re named Black Widow as were all the lines shanti breed when he sold his share of GHS and started Mr Nice.
OK so he's got the original male to White Widow, that's it, right? Cannabis history gives me a headache :sick: but I could of sworn Shanti posted on here or some board he reworked lots of GHS stuff and other strains. Anyway I defer to the gracious @@hempy and leave it at that.

Cvh

Supermod
An original feminised version of White Widow would be from Greenhouse seeds.

White Widow was created under the GHS flag when Shantibaba was working at GHS. He later took the original parents of White Widow with him when he left GHS and started working at the MrNice company.
He continued to make seeds with the original parent plants but named it Black Widow instead.

MrNice doesn't offer feminized seeds, but GHS does and they have the original clones of the White Widow cup winner.

FranJan

Straight from the man hisself ;)

Choice - Copy.jpg

texasjack

Beanhoarder's Regular Black Widow (white Widow)

Black Widow F2 (White Widow)
regular
H - Hybrid = Classic pheno
I - Indica = Indica pheno
P - Purple = Purple pheno
S - Sativa = Sativa pheno

Indoor
A large number of Black Widow plants were grown out and I selected the top 12 females and 4 males. I chose the four best sativa leaning examples, the top four indica phenotypes and the best 4 classic combination types and open pollinated them with the four selected males. I did this in order to reduce bottlenecking of the strain and to allow all possible expressions. I've had request to separate the seeds by pheno to allow for individual grower bias.
The Sativa pheno (S) tends to flower a little longer , yield a bit more and offer a clearer more trippy high.
The indica pheno (I) are easier to grow, and offer a denser more narcotic high.
Classic pheno (H) is... well, the classic combo of both sides.
Purple pheno (P) Black Widow Purple is something done on the side, when making the other Black Widow f2's. These were done for myself and where not going to be publicly released but after a few request decided to offer a limited amount (hard to do for a Bean Hoarder). The purple pheno is simply a somewhat rarer pheno that pops up in about 1 in 8 females. In shows up in the indica, sativa and classic types and is otherwise identical regarding potency and resin but exhibits purpling colouration and a bit more flavor.

PLEASE NOTE. These are f2's with multiple fathers, even though the pheno selection will bias the outcome, it is still possible (and even likely) to get any possible expression no matter which Pheno type is selected. Most Black Widows will finish between 8 and 9 1/2 weeks.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
An original feminised version of White Widow would be from Greenhouse seeds.

White Widow was created under the GHS flag when Shantibaba was working at GHS. He later took the original parents of White Widow with him when he left GHS and started working at the MrNice company.
He continued to make seeds with the original parent plants but named it Black Widow instead.

MrNice doesn't offer feminized seeds, but GHS does and they have the original clones of the White Widow cup winner.

hi Cvh just to clarify shantibaba did not work for GreenHouse Seed he and his wife were 1/2 owners and along with Arjan and his wife were founders of GreenHouse Seed.,

Cvh

Supermod
Yh I knew but thanks for clarifying my post. I can see now that it might be confusing otherwise for some. Thanks Hempy.

Last edited: