What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Tuna same as regular Tuna?

I'm not a 100% as I just joined here a but before you, but from what I gather here, and my one friend who I trust that knows everyone, lol I'm pretty sure Reef either breeds on the side for some pretty organized folk, or passes his choice cuts to the local factories that decide what and who gets it and what it's used for...

Seems they held the Tuna pretty tight for a few years, kept the market tight and high... But I think the pink took over... Really the tuna in my mind is a cross of the Bubba/Pink lines X's with the darker dryer crystal purple MKultra cut that goes around.... Nice greasey plant that stretches out nice and gets big flowers, gets really purple and black as it matures.

Pink we have is still better to grow, yields better and pulls a better tag. Just sayin.

Yeah I don't know about Reeferman he certainly ain't some chill hippy who loves breeding weed. Their is a video on YouTube of him as a member of some Canadian fascist organization where some anti fascist group was sending him mail bombs. He was walking around all white trash looking with a shotgun on the news report some fascist flags and all. Just search Charles Scott mail bombs and it should pop right up. He does claim he's no longer a fascist and it was his upbringing but dude looked a good 30 years old in the news report. I'd still buy from him if he had something truly amazing but I haven't heard of anything too special from Reeferman even his G13 Airborne cut was just from Nevil's F1 crosses. Still have not heard much good about his work.

rykus

Yeah his family was in all that...

Think he won Arian of the year, lol...

At least he escaped back to Canada..

Hard not to produce some fire when your pulling cuts and doing breeding sin and amongst BC underworld though...

Lax laws and huge underground efforts have been good for the west, all up n down.

It yeah most of the breeders got an issue or two... most spend too much time at cups and travelling to do much real work imo, then there's the tent breeders...

At least reeferman is legit even if he comes from a checkered past.. not a junkie piece of shit like half the other scammer seedco's

Tynehead Tom

Lots of interesting discussion about the Tuna strains here.

From what I understand about the strains being debated is Black Tuna is herijuana x lambsbreath. Tuna Kush is Black Tuna X BC Kush. Both have been in cans. Tuna Kush recently.

Right now I have another Tuna cross I picked up from BCBD. Tuna God. It's the Tuna Kush crossed with God Bud. It's early but they are looking healthy. Should be interesting.

The cut i have is verified Black Tuna (herijuana x lambsbread) , nothing to do with reeferman. I've been given a bit more history on the original breeder and the folks who hold the mothers. Nothing I'm allowed to post online but I have verified that the plants I have are authentic Black Tuna. I've also been given the greenlight to work with this clone as it was that group of growers who sent it my way.
Not sure where the original breeder is, if he/she is online in some fashion but I do hope to connect one day.

I was actually given this cut to breed it back and around to a stable seed line... we will see how that goes ;)

Tynehead Tom

Lots of interesting discussion about the Tuna strains here.

From what I understand about the strains being debated is Black Tuna is herijuana x lambsbreath. Tuna Kush is Black Tuna X BC Kush. Both have been in cans. Tuna Kush recently.

Right now I have another Tuna cross I picked up from BCBD. Tuna God. It's the Tuna Kush crossed with God Bud. It's early but they are looking healthy. Should be interesting.

I checked out BCBD last year when i decided to finally join the online weed community..... boy was I disappointed LOL
should be called BC seed hacks LOL
It's outfits like thiers that cause folks to not take canadian breeders seriously

I checked out BCBD last year when i decided to finally join the online weed community..... boy was I disappointed LOL
should be called BC seed hacks LOL
It's outfits like thiers that cause folks to not take canadian breeders seriously

Yeah, there's no shortage of people giving them bad reports. Some real horror stories. This is only the 3rd time I've used them. I will only order their brand name from them. This order was made on a weekend and was in my mail box Wed.

Right now I'm in a round and round with True North Seeds trying to sort out order complications. After more than a week of one e-mail exchange per day and no answers on their phone, I'm still not sure if my order is on the way or declined. I'm taking a time off for a week to see if it arrives or auto cancels eventually and then start fresh. I hear mostly great things about these guys so I'm being patient.

Thanks for all the great info on Black Tuna.

Tynehead Tom

as far as I can tell..... True North seedbank is actually Attitude seed bank and the true north website is just the canadian ordering platform. Thier inventory is probably not even in canada.
lots of folks deal with attitude, they been around for a long time now.

ya no worries on the Black Tuna info. I was asked by some folks to get my indoor grow and breeding projects back on the go after a decade. The Black Tuna was not chosen by me but rather the folks that urged me to get back into the scene. It was important to them that I had not been involved in nor influenced by the shit show that has become of the canadian breeding scene. It was a fella loosely associated with that group who turned me on to icmag (and rollitup) and though he is a long time member and lurker here, i was asked not to ever drop his name :D

So I myself had to educate myself on this cut and it's history and weed thru all the bullshit surrounding black tuna , tuna kush and some of the players in the lowermainland "Tuna" circles.
I rest assured I have the real cut and even comparing my plants to various herijuana plants, the strong similarities are undeniable.

as far as I can tell..... True North seedbank is actually Attitude seed bank and the true north website is just the canadian ordering platform. Thier inventory is probably not even in canada.
lots of folks deal with attitude, they been around for a long time now.

ya no worries on the Black Tuna info. I was asked by some folks to get my indoor grow and breeding projects back on the go after a decade. The Black Tuna was not chosen by me but rather the folks that urged me to get back into the scene. It was important to them that I had not been involved in nor influenced by the shit show that has become of the canadian breeding scene. It was a fella loosely associated with that group who turned me on to icmag (and rollitup) and though he is a long time member and lurker here, i was asked not to ever drop his name :D

So I myself had to educate myself on this cut and it's history and weed thru all the bullshit surrounding black tuna , tuna kush and some of the players in the lowermainland "Tuna" circles.
I rest assured I have the real cut and even comparing my plants to various herijuana plants, the strong similarities are undeniable.

I have no doubts about your strain.

I've been at this 25 years now and in BC as well. I moved from the lower mainland in 2001. I've had a couple of other accounts on ICMAG but dropped offline in 2009. Had to open a new account. I completely dropped all contact with my old grow circles down there.

Now I'm years behind on strains because I have been growing a single strain from clone because of a set of circumstances, but things have changed. I'm getting back into seeds again.

GSPfan

Veteran
I can't wait to see what you can do with that cut Tynehead Tom. What are you planning to cross it with?

Tynehead Tom

I have no doubts about your strain.

I've been at this 25 years now and in BC as well. I moved from the lower mainland in 2001. I've had a couple of other accounts on ICMAG but dropped offline in 2009. Had to open a new account. I completely dropped all contact with my old grow circles down there.

Now I'm years behind on strains because I have been growing a single strain from clone because of a set of circumstances, but things have changed. I'm getting back into seeds again.

all good brother ;) Ya , born and raised in the LMZ (lowermainland) and escaped a few years ago now. It's a whole new canna-world out there these days. Little overwhelming for those of us who avoided the online scene all these years but I'm getting a handle on it. :D

Tynehead Tom

I can't wait to see what you can do with that cut Tynehead Tom. What are you planning to cross it with?

The first project with Black Tuna is to work it back to a stable seedline thru a cubing process. The first cross with shiskaberry 3 f2 resulted in an F1 I've called Swordfish. From Swordfish I'll be popping beans and more beans until I find the most ideal parents for a Swordfish F2.
From Swordfish F2 selections will be made for the most Black Tuna dominate male and the first BX will take place to the clone parent.

essentially that will be step 1 :dance013:

I'm not sure now what i want to cross Black Tuna with. I have some ideas but will need some permissions. There's lots I want to cross it with tho.....
Karma's Biker Kush
Fire Alien Kush
Long Valley Royal Kush
I want to kick some sativa into the black tuna as well so perhaps a project with antenna seeds.....or maybe something like dragons blood hashplant.... I got some ideas and stuff i'm gonna try in house but my main breeding goals right now are focussed on completing the first phase Swordfish project and pheno hunting thru the Shiskabah (shiskaberry F1 x Shiskaberry 3f2) and LMZ (shiskaberry F1 x Nuken) beans this summer.

Tynehead Tom

check out this fan leaf on the Black Tuna I grew this summer in my greenhouse. Sadly it just didn't like my climate here and had to be culled soon after these pics but indoors she's a rockstar haha
picture.php

GSPfan

Veteran
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you Tynehead Tom! Keep us updated on those swordfish. Interesting cross for sure.

Tynehead Tom

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you Tynehead Tom! Keep us updated on those swordfish. Interesting cross for sure.

there's an active thread in the seedbay fundraiser forum. One of the members here posted some real nice pics at just past week 3 flowering. To me it is looking like my selection of the male has paid off and Swordfish is gonna be killer :smokey:

Latest posts

Latest posts