What's new

Black Ra1n's Grow Journal ~2008~

N

NZjay

nicely nicely BR!

glad coco is working for ya man!... and lol @ "chuckles".. great name... sounds like something id smoke! :D

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Ummmm...BIG M....great cross bro, looks to be a keeper!!!!frosty already, sounds like the BB is gonna bring the flower time down on the Mumbles, very nice!!!!Ur breeding skillz never cease to amaze me man, great work!!!Peace

- Z

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Bog1 x Rainbow4 (bo-bow) is awesome looking Black. So what are some things you have learned about coco? I have been reading about it and really want to try this method on my next grow. Is it easy to deal with. are you watering everyday? Awesome show as always black.

Hey B/R
Had to retrace to about 4 pages back to properly catch up with all the action, looking forward to what the seedlabs will produce :woohoo:
Plants all look amazingly healthy 2 TU :)yes:) for that!

Black Ra1n said:
Last... is the first pics of Big M .... not sure what is more dom on this pheno... big bud or mumbles but she's a beauty... huge fans on her and quick frost.. this plant is 3 weeks in.

B/R
Wow just three weeks in?? Amazing, that's gonna be something to watch!! how many more weeks to go??
mucho :respect:
:wave:, Low

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Sleepy, thanks man, so far liking the coco. I like that you can water it once a day and be done with it.

statictattoo, yes bo-bow is damn nice. Nugs are super tight too. Yield so far is very promising. I'm going to put 10 in the room next round. Thanks for stopping in.

Dr Dog, yes please pop some so we can see how stable this thing is. I'm hoping for big things from this lady. Talk to you tonight bro, going to make some bubble tonight.

YwouldntI, thanks man.... hoping the smoke is as good as she looks.

NZjay, love the name too, all things work out you may be chuckling in the future too.

ZeusOGrefugee, glad you like the big M. I have 3 mumbles going right now... pheno 1 and 2.... pheno 1 is tight and more indica... pheno 2 looks a bit more sativa... not much smell as of yet. I have these going beside the big M to see if there are any similarities. Hit me up with a pm about the big m... I need some testers.

D Rock, I know very little about coco, just what I've read in a few threads. After reading sirsmokealots thread I decided to give it a go. I have 2 bo-bow's in straight coco and they are about 1 to 2 weeks ahead of the soiled clones. I'm also going to try coco/perlite, as well as 3 inches of perlite on the bottom and the rest coco.... may have to build some kinda drip system to try these, I'm pretty sure my buddy has a roll of 1/4 inch he can spare as well as a bunch of drippers.

High Lowlander, I'm pretty sure it's only 3 weeks in. Probably finish in 65 or so. I've been letting my plants go a week longer than I normally do to see if I like the difference. I'll check on the exact date she went to flower tonight.

Well my bumbleberries in the 150 cab are seeded like crazy. I had that pollen chuck male in there to flower out. Next question is... will this cross stop the naner problem with the origional bb pheno 3 or will it just be a waste of time. Will need some testers for these in the months to come....
Name is Chuck Berry... Going to let 3 of these go 2 or 3 more weeks so the seeds mature. Don't really care about the smoke... it's not my favorite weed, maybe this cross will be killer.... Planting some more rooted clones in coco tonight. Putting more clones in the flower room to make room in the veg room for the future stock.

B/R

hazy

Veteran
I'm with you on the switch to coco black rain. I just dumped a big bag of soil from my last harvest-culled males etc. Put all my new starts in coco. Put all my soil seedlings in coco. shook the dirt off the roots. new clones in coco.
No more soil after i harvest what's in soil now.
The roots on my seedlings in coco just blow away the roots in soil.
I also put some in perlite/coco.
I think it's a good move.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've been wanting to use coco for ages....but somehow i just don't come around to that...maybe i should just go out of my ways to try ?
aah man i just look up to dialing in your grows again...other medium, other laws...
nice going my friend !

hanfiking

hey you don't have to change things that are already perfect core, But I have been thinking about going coco it doesn't seem to need as much re-potting. Give it a shot and report the results...

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
YwouldntI, hey man thanks for popping in, all this talk of ss has me wanting to pop a few that I've had on the back burner for a future breading project.

hazy, I'm doing clones in both and will have side by sides in flower to see the difference. I really do l like the coco though, the roots look so happy in it.

Core, I think it's time to give it a try man. I was skeptical at first, but damn this shit is awesome.

hanfiking, thanks for stopping by man.

Well I'm off to transplant some clones and make some new ones. Will have new pics this week... bog looks mouth watering.....

B/R

scrappy

On the road to clone only...
Veteran
Damn B/R....Your gals wink at me when I look at them..they are so damn happy....looking frosty around here....no doubt!...hehehe

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
scrappy, thanks man. You should be proud of that bog cross, it's an amazing plant to grow.

Well I took a few pics of the girls. I've changed my feeding schedule to feeding on Sundays and giving them straight water and cal mag two other times. They have packed on a lot of weight since I've changed over and seem to be happier.

Bo-bow

Bubblicious

Ecsd x Straw D

Pollen Chuck

Loving the looks of both pc's I have going, would love to get one of those purple pheno's.

B/R

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
wow, frost fest B

Looks awesome, that PC is looking sweet, does look alot like mine early on, very very frosty

I am on if youare

damakkus

West Coast ICer
Damn Black Rain,your gals are looking BEAUTIFUL.

Looks like you have been really staying on top of your game. :headbange

Great work my brotha to the North :canabis:

GROW UNITED

Y

YwouldntI

now thats a nice ass frosty shot bro.all the pics look great but this one POPS out at ya. :respect:

EDIT:IDK how to put the pic in the quote :bashhead: ....

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Dr Dog, hoping for the same or similar pheno to yours. I will be seeding out that pheno after the bb's are done in my 150, so there will be more to share.

TML16, thanks for stopping by bro, have to catch up soon.

damakkus, thanks man, I'll be by to check out your thread soon.

I ripped the bumbleberry #3 I had in the flower room. I noticed it was shooting naners yet again, so that's it for this strain. I was looking at big m and mumbles 3 and noticed seeds in spots that I didn't pollinate so oooo I think I didn't catch the bumbleberry soon enough... pissed off!!! OH well what can you do I suppose. Mumbles 2 and 4, same pheno..... looking very nice... looks a lot like the one dog had going a while back. The 3 crash tests I have going are about 8 inches now and are just about ready for a topping/cloning and then it's into the room they go. I plan on installing a large shelf in my flower room to put the newly flowering plants on till they start to show buds. Took a couple shots for you guys.

Tangerine

Mumbles 3

Thats it for now... next up is I'm cutting the bottoms of the two bogs I have in coco and then I'll double pot them just like the master himself bushyoldgrower.

B/R

Heya B/R
Wow does everything look goodd man!:D
:respect:

@YwouldntI:
Ya need to just click on the pic copy the link then put the link in with the reply but put it in between IMG tags
Like this:EDIT: ya need to put IMG in between those square brackets..
IMG http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/18859Aug26_bo-bow.jpg /img

Now here's the result:
18859Aug26_bo-bow.jpg

Still don't get it? Just hit quote and see how it's being coded then just copy and paste the appropriate links in y'r reply or to a notebook or something..

:wave:, Low

Hey B
Eh, was still writing my reply to Y when ya posted..:joint:

So..
That sucks about those BB just continuing with the nanners and impregnating some good smoke:nono: :wallbash: Dewspite that Mumbles 3 does look very nice :yes: Lovin'that Tangerine man!..I'm thinking of maybe, just maybe, buying me a pack inna couple months 'cause yours and TML's Tangerine shots just have me drooling! at least in my mind :smile: I've got some other beans I wanna pop first in the coming weeks.
next up is I'm cutting the bottoms of the two bogs I have in coco and then I'll double pot them just like the master himself bushyoldgrower.
Gotta Q for ya : Do you just cut the pot in half? I assumed ya do and ya put the extended rootmass into the new fresh soil?..
EDIT: wow was that a dumb stoner moment..of course ya just cut the pt, not the rootmass :spank: egh, srry :redface:
But that is how it's done yes?
:Bolt:, Low

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
YwouldntI, thanks for the props bro.. you must have posted while I was updating lol.

High Lowlander, yeah the bb thing sucks, but I didn't really like the strain anyways so I guess it's for the best. Don't buy any seeds just yet my friend... OGA seed stock will be up and ready in the next month or two. Won't have tons of beans as of yet but plan on a few projects this year. I cut the bottom inch off the pot with my rotozip, works great, then just pot it into a much bigger pot.

B/R