What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black out materials suggestionsp

Dkgrower

Veteran
I am from the other side off the pond but i rember that supermanlives have put up links for greenhouse materiale in america, there u find the right material and in the right sizes.

OldSSSCGuy

You don't say what size you need to cover. For things like windows a $10 piece of black corduroy fabric can do wonders, even better more when doubled over. Washable too.

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Hey Budboy-- Duratarp Silver Sun Blocker. Creativeshelters.com stocks them. I get multiple seasons out of them. Ventilation is a must, though.

phate

Veteran
i use black plastic.... 6 mil from home depot. i dont even worry about pin holes..... like kmk said, there is more light from the stars and moon.. but if pinholes are a problem for you, gorilla tape works...

here is my light dep

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

V

Veg N Out

Any one know the source manufacturer for the breathable fabric that forever flowering et al are retailing?

gurnt

I have plants that I just give them block sunlight move them from full light to block light In this pic it was last part of July. Had the west and east side block with 10 foot lime trees and shade cloth over the top so it does not need be Totally dark it seam about 25 % of the day they got low light and they flowered did NOT HAVE TO COVER.
picture.php

Sinkyone

No you are right, the sun is not a HPS. It is far, far more powerful and intense than an HPS. You can still get results with light leaks, but you will get better results without them. Don't be a lazy douche bag, fix your light leaks if you have them. All it takes is an extra layer of 6 mil black plastic and some duct tape.

gurnt

We must be living right . We go from full 24 hr with sided lighting to just shade and they bud all year long see pic in post 30

2 Legal Co

Veteran
gurnt:

I guess I'll be finding out how it works soon. I'm going to want my Jilly's to start blooming the end of this month.

I've got a mini GH/old tin shed with Polycarbonate roof. Just big enough for my 3 legal plants. lol Certainly not an impressive layout, I keep getting the feeling that I won the Pot Lottery every day. If I figured correctly my cost of Electricity was not all that substantial. But, Now I just have a small fan burning juice. :biggrin:

Really loving the free lumens. spent a $100 on converting the roof. Shed is only 4.5' X 6', but it meets Colo. requirements. I hinged my roof in the middle, so I can raise the 'eves' about 5"s or so. Makes good ventilation.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
No you are right, the sun is not a HPS. It is far, far more powerful and intense than an HPS. You can still get results with light leaks, but you will get better results without them. Don't be a lazy douche bag, fix your light leaks if you have them. All it takes is an extra layer of 6 mil black plastic and some duct tape.

I'm still having problems understanding how Pot was ever able to sustain itself over the years.

I mean: Once a month (when the moon is FULL), you don't even need a flashlight to work outside. And Then they invented cars with headlights. As sensitive as this weed is, I'm surprised the species didn't go extinct, years ago.

And maybe I've just been lucky, or I'm growing extremely stable strains?

AND I not understanding HOW people can even Think of growing outdoors with lights being such an issue.

Do I need to move my plants back indoors, and put them under the lights to bloom them? I'm SO confused.

And now I'm Highly stressed as well. since you've labeled me a "lazy douche bag"............Guess I'd better have another hit to help calm my sensitive feelings. ..............:laughing:

on edit: There, that's better.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
:biggrin:I do have a serious problem however.... Never had this problem before.

How long can you store weed, and how do you store it..... before it loses it's potency? Never 'stored' it before... .just smoked it up and bought more.

Now it's dam near free and I'm needing/wanting to store it. Will it last for more than a month in the freezer? :biggrin:

Sorry about the HiJack.

Returning you now to your 'normal' programing. :tiphat:

zeke99

Roc-Lon Black Out Lining is great.

It sure is. And inexpensive too. One can purchase it by the yard (36" x 54") for $6.99 from Jo-Ann Fabric. Here is a link to a permanent 40% coupon from Jo-Ann, the coupons are weekly expiring on Saturdays, but always available every week. I use it cover windows (from the inside), that are visible to the public. It looks classy on the outside.

http://www.joann.com/roc-lon-budget-blackout-white-white/2117232.html

http://www.joann.com/coupon/

link to the manufacturer product webpage:

http://www.roc-lon.com/products/3pass_blackout_linings.html#