What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLACK OPS

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
THERE IS TO BE NO EXCHANGE OF PERSONAL INFO(eg: GAMER TAG,STEAM ECT...

So i like the video game thread and noticed that there are lots of others who love the game.
It's pretty much the only thing i play these days and figured id like to start a thread to discuss tactics,loadouts,favorite spots,new maps ect...

I play hardcore CTF almost exclusively.
im a runner loadout with the ak74u,full auto cz75,lightweight pro,marathon pro,steady aim pro.
i throw a lot of decoys as well.

soooo
discuss.
THERE IS TO BE NO EXCHANGE OF PERSONAL INFO(eg: GAMER TAG,STEAM ECT...) AND FFS WE WILL NOT BE FORMING A FUCKING CLAN
TRY NOT TO GET IT CLOSED HUH?

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Tagged! I play alot of Zombies, but I jam on multiplayer occasionally... Only prestiged once, lol. :wave:

EDIT: Oh yeah, fuck clans in general, lol.

C

camoxnhx

yea ive prestiged 2 times about to get to 3 but its been adding up since the game came out. But for sure gonna have to go about the tactic on the MOON. Yea already got the easter egg done on S.L. get all 7 perks... that when the team starts running it. But as far as load outs go i got the shotty to there body! but im good with all the weapons in general.

G

Graham Purwatt

5th prestige,thats as far as i'm going too.i play alot of hardcore search & destroy,usually the m16,ak47 or commando with an acog and suppressor.ghost,warlord & marathon perks unless i'm playing ffa or td,then i use lightweight,sleight of hand and marathon perk and usually the ak74 or 47 w/ suppressor.i do like the spas for certain boards though.always have a strela for helicopters and frags,concussion grenades and claymores.i'm waiting on mw3,bored with black ops. alot of dead on hits get no results,then you'll see a killcam where someone never gets their crosshairs on the victim but it registers a hit anyway.that really aggravates me

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I haven't played ANY of the campaigns on any of the games since the original MW. That means I have completely untouched campaigns for MW2, World at War, Black Ops, etc.

I've played Zombies a few times, but I've never gotten past about 10-15 waves.

I mostly play HARDCORE Search and Destroy. I like to use the Commando with red-dot & silencer; claymore and frag grenade. My perks are usually Ghost Pro, Ninja Pro and Warlord Pro.

That way I can ignore spyplanes and choppers. I am NOT a camper, though. I move through the map "clearing" each area as I enter it. If I am on defense, I pick a good spot between the two bomb sites, set a claymore at the nearest entrance to my back (even if they have flak jacket it gives me 2 seconds to spin around) and wait for the bomber.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
alot of dead on hits get no results,then you'll see a killcam where someone never gets their crosshairs on the victim but it registers a hit anyway.that really aggravates me

I think this stuff has to do with attempts at balancing the game via weapon accuracy. If people have a gun that is not accurate and they are shooting "near" the target, the inaccuracy of the gun may sometimes hit the target.

Also, kill cams never look quite the same as the shot.

There have been many times when I shot the guy with a single quick squeeze of the trigger. On my screen, there's only the sound of one bullet and it goes right into his head (and I get a headshot kill) but then when watching the playback it shows me shooting multiple bullets and striking the body.

It probably has something to do with latency between the 16+ consoles sharing constantly-changing data.

The final kill cam may be an "average" of the data reported from all consoles, or from the host.

G

Graham Purwatt

It probably has something to do with latency between the 16+ consoles sharing constantly-changing data.

The final kill cam may be an "average" of the data reported from all consoles, or from the host.
that makes sense but i never noticed it on mw2. i need to get the 2nd map pack,i only have the 1st & 3rd.not much on zombies myself.

BudGood

Veteran
All i do is play zombies...

anyone play the new moon map..got to level 24 with my buddy

Yup, posted this in the other Video Games thread:

On Moon, try running around knifing every zombie you can until the horn sounds and they start chasing you. Then run a oval in front of the transporter, turning around to shoot zombies all lined up. If you don't make enough to get Juggernog at that point (2500), run through the pack-a-punch area and throw a nade for the chasing horde, I can usually get between 4-900 with one well-cooked and timed nade. After getting Jug, transport up to the moon and grab a PES so you can breathe. Makes it alot easier on the Moon with Juggernog already, then when you come back down to Earth Speed Cola spawns. (If speed spawns at the beginning, restart.)

It's a bit harder with more than one person, everyone has to run in a pack so the zombies group up, if anyone goes anywhere else it makes zombies split up. Another thing, one person a at a time only should leave the pack to grab Juggernog, makes the majority of the horde stay running after the pack. You'll see what I mean, the zombies go straight nuts after the alarm sounds and the dogs start appearing, they're persistent!

That's my Moon strategy, I usually grab an MPL, use it for a few rounds, get to the area with the hacker, and hack all remaining doors (@ 200, it's slow as piss, but cheap to open doors). You can also use it on the box to have it give you another weapon, if you hack it twice it gives you money back, and the weapon can be picked up by a teammate. (I always hack it twice if I'm hacking it, might as well get the $$$ back.) You can also "hack" a friend, giving them 500 in the process. Hacking a perk machine will make it give you back the $$$ and take the perk away from you.

Also, I get Mule Kick as early as possible, and fill up with good guns. (I think last game I had a Ray Gun, an HK, and a RPK, all pack-a-punched.)

The QED bombs are the shit, sometimes they will randomly drop weapons.

:wave:

i love zombies i i will play the other maps somtimes but normally rather bust up some zombags ya know. i like how the new maps have the players talking alot more smack. funny stuff man.

BudGood

Veteran
when do the new maps drop for ps3?

I'm not sure man. It's usually a month or 2 after Xbox. Might as well get a Xbox, the online is much more well thought out IMO. The way the PS3 is setup, voice chat is only possible within games, which sucks IMO. I regularly sit there and bullshit with friends I haven't seen in a while, and we're not always playing the same game! Plus, waiting for add-on's and stuff would annoy the piss out of me, I'm very much an impatient consumer. :tiphat:

I will eventually get a PS3 for the exclusive games, and the Move looks interesting as well. I'm not a fanboy of any one company/system, I'm a GAMER. My son and I have a Wii as well. I'll just stick to my Xbox for exclusive games, not having to wait for add-ons, voice/video chat, Netflix, Zune, and all kinds of other stuff. It's moving beyond just a gaming machine to a multimedia system, & it's getting better with every update.

I'll be the first to admit, their build quality DID suck at first, but they've improved on the new ones. My Kinect box runs MUCH cooler & quieter than the MW2 box, (but it's not that much older than the newer Kinect one, we got the Kinect version last holiday season) and the MW2 one is wayyyy better than the original ones I had that got ruined in the fire.

The original ones I had fixed with Xbox's extended warranty a few times, haven't needed to have either of these fixed yet. As I said in the video games thread, keeping it dust-free and in a well-ventilated spot is very important, to all electronics really, but especially for these high-end gaming machines IMHO. :2cents:

Love me some COD but not ones made by treyarch....

I was the same way, I didn't play WAW at all, so I was introduced to Zombies on Black Ops. They did a pretty good job on it, and I enjoy the heck out of blasting Nazi zombies!

i love zombies i i will play the other maps somtimes but normally rather bust up some zombags ya know. i like how the new maps have the players talking alot more smack. funny stuff man.

On the old maps that came with Moon (Verruct, Nacht Der Untoten, Der Riese, and Shi No Numa), they talk alot of new smack (new to me, remember I didn't play WAW). It's always funny hearing Richtofen talk crap, along with Dempsey (they both genuinely seem to hate each other, lol):

"News Flash! Dempsey is a fucking badass!!" :D

On Moon, some of the stuff Richtofen says clues you into what he's planning on doing too: "Ahh, the plan is going perfec.... I mean, oh look, we're on the moon!" :)

I still need to get the damn focusing stone on Shangri La, so I can do the Big Bang achievement on Moon. You need to do the first 2, one is on Call of the Dead (the one w George Romero), and the other is the focusing stone on Shangri La, they're linked together (It tells the story of 115).

There's radios on Der Riese that tell alot of the backstory about Dr Maxis, Samantha, and the Demon Dog(s), someone online showed me that the other day. Richtofen is a bigtime fuckin' snake is the grass! I can't remember what the radios on Call of the Dead say, but they had some backstory too.

devilgoob

Veteran
you know what's really cool? how by using legacy controls, I move slower, yet default controls move faster just going forward even. lol.

I was alright today...

I picked up someones FAMAS IR and was in there base...one clip of FAMAS killed three people, I thought I could barely kill the two, but had just enough bullets!

Another one today was the PSG1 or whatever, I kept snipe shooting past where the enemies were running and hit a few, stopped them, and then kill 4 in a row with every bullet and scope bouncing everytime, at the bottom of every bounce I shot a bullet and used fell to change where I had to shift while the weapon is recoiling.