What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Lives Matter "protest" lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggyballs

Veteran
In many ways this is what is so great about this site. That said, I think there's a sort of line one can cross from honestly feeling contrary views or confusion to just being a contrarian to mess with people. Maybe I'm just grumpy because my harvest is taking too long, but I honestly think its not helpful to have discussions turn into a 100+ pages of basically everyone arguing with a certain someone. Its like as soon as I see a certain avatar, I know that the discussion is going to get a dozen pages longer and absolutely nothing is going to actually be said because its all been trampled by a gish gallop. I don't know what the right answer is. I hate the idea of shutting people up, but I also think some people use their free speech to make it harder for others to use theirs. I honestly don't know if its all a deliberate effort to derail discussions or not, but the result is effectively much the same.

How about we do away with all the off topic posts.
Then do away with those posts that are just insulting.
Then we do away with political discussions any where but the political section.

I was ridiculed for so many threads.

But I did that to keep things on topic in that thread.
Just look at any one of these threads they are soo off topic is is just crazy.

If you just look at my corner it is soo full of off topic posts.
It is full of trolls.

Hell I had a count of a moderator/troll posting off topic 45 times in that thread.

This place is rollitup 2.0

I ask why so many off topic post?
Why are they allowed?

It is done deliberately there is no doubt in my mind.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing: That's funny coming from you shaggy, as I recall, your 1st banning was caused (among other things!) by you deliberately ignoring a polite warning from a Mod (yes, ME) to keep a thread on topic! :laughing:

shaggyballs

Veteran
:laughing: That's funny coming from you shaggy, as I recall, your 1st banning was caused (among other things!) by you deliberately ignoring a polite warning from a Mod (yes, ME) to keep a thread on topic! :laughing:

You were the one that had 45 off topic posts in one thread.
You do know this right.

Go ahead and count them.

You were off topic more than any other.
Most of your post were trolling type off topic posts.

Would you like me to post them all for reference?

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
You were the one that had 45 off topic posts in one thread.
You do know this right.

You talkin' 'bout ME????? I was sure you were referring to Unclefishstick, now I'm seriously crushed!

I'mma thinking about resigning as Mod and petitioning Gypsy to give the position to you, it's only fair!:moon:

shaggyballs

Veteran
You talkin' 'bout ME????? I was sure you were referring to Unclefishstick, now I'm seriously crushed!

I'mma thinking about resigning as Mod and petitioning Gypsy to give the position to you, it's only fair!:moon:

Nope uncle is not the off topic poster you are.
You may even hold the record.

I see you do not deny that you had 45 off topic posts in my thread.
You are proud of that accomplishment it would seem.

Did you see my clinical definition of a troll?
Hmmm, gets ya thinkin don't it....LOL

Resigning is a good idea.
That would be the honorable thing to do.
I Don't want the job, you need to be a nevertrumper...LOL

I would be happy to post them all for you if you would like me to?
Would you like me to?
Happy to help ya here.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
How about we do away with all the off topic posts.
Then do away with those posts that are just insulting.
Then we do away with political discussions any where but the political section.

I was ridiculed for so many threads.

But I did that to keep things on topic in that thread.
Just look at any one of these threads they are soo off topic is is just crazy.

If you just look at my corner it is soo full of off topic posts.
It is full of trolls.

Hell I had a count of a moderator/troll posting off topic 45 times in that thread.

This place is rollitup 2.0

I ask why so many off topic post?
Why are they allowed?

It is done deliberately there is no doubt in my mind.

i thought you would understand not cencoring people.

think about it, who decides what is off topic in a thread like this? do you want to give us that power? you know how many reports i seen saying your posts are off topic?

ps: sometimes topics just lead to other topics naturally.

shaggyballs

Veteran

Yea, that is why I was banned...LOL

I am not allowed to talk about the real reason you banned me.

If so let us talk about that for a min.:biglaugh:

shaggyballs

Veteran
i thought you would understand not cencoring people.

think about it, who decides what is off topic in a thread like this? do you want to give us that power? you know how many reports i seen saying your posts are off topic?

ps: sometimes topics just lead to other topics naturally.

Well let us talk about that for a min.

Who is being antagonistic here...
It is me or giggle?

Let us remove all off topic post then.
I am good with that.
But remove them all equally.

Could you compare the number of my off topic posts to that of giggle?

I wonder who has more.

Can we compare those that have complained about me.
Can we compare how many off topic posts these complainers have?

I hate off topic posts and you may delete any off topic post of mine you wish.

But it would be good to delete all of them equally.

While you at it feel free to delete all the political post made by me and others.

I am good with a total removal of all off topic/political posts
But this needs to be done evenly across the board.

My side of things for what it is worth.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- You are welcome to pop over and meet her yourself - and our two kids - if you so wish to confirm it -

- must say that you have an odd opinion on what 'winning' is old chap

- PM me - do come to tea -

So, I would receive no holiday nor banning should I say, you are a racist piece of shit and complete liar about having a brown wife?

That is exactly what winning is,

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- You are welcome to pop over and meet her yourself - and our two kids - if you so wish to confirm it -

- must say that you have an odd opinion on what 'winning' is old chap

- PM me - do come to tea -

You do misinterpret...although perhaps purposely. I think you know I was not actually looking for proof, nor do I doubt you for a second. I was making a point about doubting of obvious facts as presented and continuously repeating the opposite in the face of this, which is calling one a liar.

Simple logic has its place amidst all the right or left based resources.

So I can count on it that I can just proceed to call members liars, with no negative consequence?

I have had many 'debates' on this forum concerning the 'science' of growing with guys like Coot, Spurr, Jay, Mr. Fista etc. etc. Winning a point was not a one-upsmanship but a realization; hey man you're right. Learning. Sorry if you thought otherwise.

White Beard

we thank the great white bearded man in the sky for bringing back old posts out of their correct context and passing judgment on us mere ignorant, missguided, faulty mortals.

can't wait to see you in a room with the mostly peacefull protesters working out the way forward. but of course you don't have a peep to say about the ridiculous shit spouted by your revolutionary comrades in this thread.

virtue signaling won't save you when the great revolution comes
Must have hit a nerve...

I’ll issue the same challenge I issue to others: Prove ANYTHING

With facts, with links to research, with sound argument, with personal experience...ignoring what others say and reasserting unsourced speculation as ‘more truthy’ than the views, knowledge, experience of others is...what’s the term? Oh, yes...’virtue signaling’

Right on! Shaggy is just a spammer anyway. I swear he has a big list of Logical Fallacies he would like to use and he just goes through it and checks them off after each post. The worst one is the "Begging the question" fallacy, but he also does the following on a regular basis:

"Strawman" "You say filtration is complicated and therefore you're agreeing that it doesn't work"

"Slippery Slope" "If we let them put masks on us, then soon they'll have leashes on us"

"False Cause" "There are more people dying from the virus, and more people wearing masks, so masks use must be bad for you"

"loaded question" "but what about missing kids???!"

"begging the question" "Since masks don't work, the scientific community must be lying to you right?"

"Burden of proof" "Sure I have a fringe theory, but its on everyone else to prove me wrong"

Oh and he does a reversed version of "bandwagon": Everyone else is jumping on the wrong bandwagon and only he knows the truth. You're wrong just by virtue of being on a bandwagon of any kind as long as it is in disagreement with him.
I’ll suggest the Gish gallop, aka whataboutism for your list

- I might suggest that you have your hearing checked -

- and yes - what may be a fact to you - could be questioned by someone else - and then you might have to prove it - if you wanted to verify this 'fact' -

* - to me 'winning' a debate is not so important - since during the debate I may learn something new about the topic that changes my view/opinion - to me its a learning experience - that's where you can 'win' - in what new knowledge you can attain -
I agree, none of this is about ‘winning’; for me it’s about clarifying issues more than anything.

I also very strongly agree with the proving aspect: people can and will and do say virtually *anything* in the heat of argument; I don’t pretend to be perfect on any of it - nor do I expect others to be more perfect, but if I can’t cite the public record, I’ll try to support things with my own thoughts, my own observations, my own experiences, the experiences of people I know and trust.

Not perfect, but it’s what I’ve got - and anyone can do it

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Oh no - judging by your individual forum style - and how far you might go to prove a point - I could see some sort of gambit developing - whereby you get to call me some disparaging name - call me a liar - and I either react with emotion or reason to it - certainly not a game that has been ignored before - and will probably be played out again sooner or later - so I get something out of it - if only a thought of nostalgia -

- simple logic isn't simple to the simple - so maybe we have to learn simple logic first?

- If called a 'liar' - then one disproves the accusation - but its never nice to be called a 'liar' - especially when you don't lie -

* - so that invite for tea and meet the family is still open -

You do misinterpret...although perhaps purposely. I think you know I was not actually looking for proof, nor do I doubt you for a second. I was making a point about doubting of obvious facts as presented and continuously repeating the opposite in the face of this, which is calling one a liar.

Simple logic has its place amidst all the right or left based resources.

So I can count on it that I can just proceed to call members liars, with no negative consequence?

I have had many 'debates' on this forum concerning the 'science' of growing with guys like Coot, Spurr, Jay, Mr. Fista etc. etc. Winning a point was not a one-upsmanship but a realization; hey man you're right. Learning. Sorry if you thought otherwise.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- Oh no - judging by your individual forum style - and how far you might go to prove a point - I could see some sort of gambit developing - whereby you get to call me some disparaging name - call me a liar - and I either react with emotion or reason to it - certainly not a game that has been ignored before - and will probably be played out again sooner or later - so I get something out of it - if only a thought of nostalgia -

- simple logic isn't simple to the simple - so maybe we have to learn simple logic first?

- If called a 'liar' - then one disproves the accusation -

* - so that invite for tea and meet the family is still open -

Since you seem stuck upon thinking I am in quest of proof, the onus is upon you, so tea will need be at my residence.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Yea, that is why I was banned...LOL

I am not allowed to talk about the real reason you banned me.

If so let us talk about that for a min.:biglaugh:

....... shaggy, you were banned for constant, unrelenting, generalized trolling, things came to a head when you trolled Chimera and deliberately, deceitfully misquoted one of his posts to 'prove' his involvement with Phylos.

You got caught trolling, more than once!:tiphat:

Own it and move on.:bigeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts