What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black lime reserve S1?

Amshif87

Hey ICmag. Long time lurker first time poster. After spending five years in the north east I am back in a state that I am legally aloud to grow in. For this first adventure I am growing a bag seed from some of the best smoke I've ever had. I didn't know the grower but it came to me from a very good friend and someone in the know. It was labeled Black lime and came from a hydro grower in Rhode Island who also was running Alaskan Ice and some Slush puppy too. The lime was super chemy and Limey with a solid indica punch. In the qp my buddy had I ended up with 1 seed. I sprouted it on the 16th of July. It's almost a month old. It was started in black gold seed starter and was given its first feeding 2 nights ago. I am usin the GO box and following the given feeding schedule. First feeding used everything but biomarine as I am giving Veganics a go. Tonight I transplanted into 1 gallon smart pot with roots soil and was fed with full strength diamond black and bio roots. Even though it responded well to the first feeding I wanted to go light because I've heard roots can be hot sometimes. My hope is that if it responds well by next watering the bio root and diamond black will have gotten the microbial herd going and ready for full nutrient uptake. I will be growing this with the intent of flowering a clone and finding out if this indeed a femmed seed. If so I wil veg 3 clones for a scrog. If anyone has grown Black Lime Reserve before and wants to chime in or if someone from the North East who might know where the original stuff came from and could shed some light without incriminating anyone that would be awesome as well. Much love to aficionado seeds for all there work. I don't want to make it sound like I know this is what it is. I just have a story and hat the tree tasted/smoked like. I'm throwing this out there to try and get some more info about the plant I have. I'll throw pics up in the morning and details about how it'll be grown in the next few days. Blackberry terp sap just took a dive.

Amshif87

Back again

Back again

Hello anyone who checked in the first time. Sorry its been a while. Wife Work Kids the usual had me tied up. ok I have built a box out of stuff i had lying around in my garage that I have moved the plant to. it went from a 24w 6500k CFL to a 150w HPS and seems to be responding well. she is popping her 7th node now and despite being in great health she is only putting out leaves that have 3 fingers. This is a trait Ive seen before in Chem plants. No for pictures. from a few days after it sprouted until a few nights ago as well as a couple pictures of its homes up until now.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62851&pictureid=1484186

Onegreenthumb

I have grown Black Lime Reserve, and she is a great yielder, dence with great nose and top shelf smoke. She is a keeper for sure. Her buds are not that pretty when dried, looks darker, than lighter, what most folks look for, but suits her name. Everyone that has tried her smoke has come back for more. I trained her to stay short and bushy from young so she put out many tops. Let her go all the way, she looks ready at 10 weeks but give her an extra week or 2, and watch her smell mature and weight increase. All the best. I love aficionado seeds. Try Long Valley Royal Kush, she is a faster finisher, with great characteristics too.

careerhigh

This is my Black Lime Reserve 4 days into flower.

v5Qb9WX.jpg

CoCoSativas

Hey ICmag. Long time lurker first time poster. After spending five years in the north east I am back in a state that I am legally aloud to grow in. For this first adventure I am growing a bag seed from some of the best smoke I've ever had. I didn't know the grower but it came to me from a very good friend and someone in the know. It was labeled Black lime and came from a hydro grower in Rhode Island who also was running Alaskan Ice and some Slush puppy too. The lime was super chemy and Limey with a solid indica punch. In the qp my buddy had I ended up with 1 seed. I sprouted it on the 16th of July. It's almost a month old. It was started in black gold seed starter and was given its first feeding 2 nights ago. I am usin the GO box and following the given feeding schedule. First feeding used everything but biomarine as I am giving Veganics a go. Tonight I transplanted into 1 gallon smart pot with roots soil and was fed with full strength diamond black and bio roots. Even though it responded well to the first feeding I wanted to go light because I've heard roots can be hot sometimes. My hope is that if it responds well by next watering the bio root and diamond black will have gotten the microbial herd going and ready for full nutrient uptake. I will be growing this with the intent of flowering a clone and finding out if this indeed a femmed seed. If so I wil veg 3 clones for a scrog. If anyone has grown Black Lime Reserve before and wants to chime in or if someone from the North East who might know where the original stuff came from and could shed some light without incriminating anyone that would be awesome as well. Much love to aficionado seeds for all there work. I don't want to make it sound like I know this is what it is. I just have a story and hat the tree tasted/smoked like. I'm throwing this out there to try and get some more info about the plant I have. I'll throw pics up in the morning and details about how it'll be grown in the next few days. Blackberry terp sap just took a dive.

Cool name. Never heard of it. I'll be watching

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Aficianado is all sold out of the BLR. It goes fast even at $300 a pack. I'm also hoping to get some S1 of this from a mate:biggrin: I'll be watching this grow!

B

BAKED_BEANZ

black lime , its rocking horse shit . there,s a great thread in the breeding section . merits too the grower . he's done stellar job .

Last edited:

sticky_fangaz87

Hey guys, first time post to forum so, hello!

Saw this thread while searching for more info on the black lime reserve. My friend and I took a journey up to the bay area to Harborside collective to get some genetics. Ended up with the black lime reserve from midnight farms. Currently in week 1 (going into week 2) of flower with these bad lil ladies and so far, very impressed!. Anyway, just thought I'd contribute what I can about this strain for anyone curious.

I'm currently running this strain in hydro buckets. Drip top feed, drain to waste. Running co2.
nutes: gh 3 part, gh calmag, mag amped, h&g roots excelerator(silver bottle), gro tek blossom blaster, h&g bud xl, mendo avalanche, h&g drip clean,

This strain starts off a little lanky, but with some topping and super cropping, they turn into beasts so don't wait like I did to get your canopy full! Flip early. They will fill right up in no time! The leaves are very thick and waxy. Rubbing the stems even before I flipped smelled amazing. Just like aficionados description.

I will say this, this strain is a mag whore! Lol I run gh calmag at 6ml/ gal and they still showed nute difs. I further added about 3ml/gal of mag amped. Only then did it start to turn them around and the purplish stems slowly disappeared.

This strain (at least in my experience ) is a heavy feeder from about half way through veg. I run them at about 1800ppm in hydro with 4" + a 6" rockwool cube and hydrocorn. This is definitely a double trellis strain! Or at least tomato cages and 1 tier trellis.

Here's some pics so far. I'll keep you all updated asap.

2dawgstar

Black lime reserve is one of my ALL time favorite strains. Old school power with flavor. Hits in the back of the eyes type shit. medicated an 8th to the face...had me feeling DRUNK. Cant wait for more patients catch on

Latest posts

Latest posts