What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLACK DOMINA - is anyone growing this?

El Timbo

and this one at 2 weeks of flower - untopped

DSCF9947-2.jpg

Dequilo

Plant Abuser
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420club
I have Black Alien MAC f2 which is Black Domina/MAC x RIDDLE MAC

going outside this year

grow well and be safe

S_M

Last edited:

acespicoli

So if someone was trying to create Black Domina from scratch, how would they do it ?

Black Domina »»» Afghanistan x Ortega Canadian x Northern Lights x Hash Plant
Domina expresses desirable features from the elite Indica genotypes
  1. Northern Lights, = Murphey Stevens Heirloom Afghani AKA todds purest
  2. Ortega = White Label Maple Leaf or Mr Nice Pink Hair Ortega Hybrid
  3. Hash Plant = G13 Airbourne Cut S1 or Bodi 88G13HP
  4. Afghani SA
1683063642199.png

1683063895335.png

1683063990382.png

1683064035018.png

1683064110991.png

1683064170284.png

1683064445079.png

https://agseedco.com/products/purest-indica-ibl

Have not tried todds, maybe someone can report on the attributes?
I start somewhere like this... N - description make sure it turns out like its supposed to be and has not drifted
Id think that would get you close to where your going ?
Nevils second post, the ultimate dry sift narcotic HP?

"Purest Indica" a.k.a. the Steve Murphy Afghan

The "Purest Indica" is the original variety of the Northern Lights line. It was first acquired in 1979 by Seattle Greg through the author Murphy Stevens as "Purest Indica" and became the backbone of all of the Northern Lights hybrids.
Seattle Greg told me that after he got the seeds from Murphy Stevens, he inbred them and passed the seeds he made around to his friends who crossed it with their seed stock and created what is now known as the Northern Lights line of #1 through #11. The #1 being closest to this original "Purest Indica" and the #11 being the most tropical and furthest from this "Purest Indica".
The buds are incredibly leafy, sticky and huge, the plants require a lower humidity and look like they came out of an Afghan desert. The leaves have longer leaflets that lay down and the plants have a similar structure to a Christmas tree.
Flowering time is fast and the smell is dank and gassy somewhere between burnt rubber with a hint of acrid smelling skunk. The high is heavy and sedative.
The seeds came to me directly from Seattle Greg in 2020. He told me that the seeds were placed in his sisters freezer in Seattle in the early 80s and were found after she passed away in 2019. His family sent the seeds to him and he got decent germination and sent some seeds to me and I reproduced them in my greenhouse.
This would be the first reproduction of these seeds in almost 40 years.
Seattle Greg also told me that he never sent the "Purest Indica" seeds to Nevil and The Holland Seed Bank because he did not want Nevil to be able to make the Northern Lights hybrids without him.
This is truly world class cannabis; I smoke it and wonder how many generations of farmers cultivated this variety as a hash plant back in Afghanistan or the Hindu Kush mountains and I give praise and respect to them all.
Check out the history of Northern Lights here:
https://agseedco.com/blogs/news/the-history-of-northern-lights

Last edited:

acespicoli

You mean by recrossing the parental lines? It would be easier to reverse engineer it from the best descendents.
I often times contemplate the value of F1hybrids vs IBL
As far a genetics go inbreeding vs outcrossing
Vigor and tired lines..... Bodhi G13/HP x Triangle/SAD would make for a interesting mix :thinking:

Im thinking about my SourBubby aka booger buds, good resin is so medicinal :love:

St. Phatty

I remember in the original Seed Bank catalog, both Black Domina and a Northern Lights-Hashplant cross were described as being very potent "one hit" Indica's.

Makes me wonder if they were Sisters or something.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran

Carraxe

Veteran
I have a cut from the 1998 selection, the one widely used in Spain, the mother of the SAD. It is way better than any SAD (I've grown plenty of them). This cut comes from the times when the breeders had an objective in mind when breeding. This one cut has everything a grower would look for in an Afghan weed, and some more taste and punch.

Squat, strong plant, even in vegetative it smells sweet and special. It is fast, aromatic, the smoke is dense and tasty, and the effect is what you would seek in an Afghan.

This is something special for itself. I am guarding it for the future and crossing with different weeds. But you know what? this weed is so special that it is very very difficult to find an outcross that stands its marks.

Anyway, I've heard that the cross between this one and the Jack Herer is a nice potent and productive hybrid in the 90's Dutch style, so I am going to make that cross soon.

It is a pity I don't have any picture of them. They are a beauty.

Sweet smokes

VintageNotOld

I grow BD - As others have said its an unstable strain so out of 5 seeds you may get two decent phenos. When you find a good pheno it's definitely worth growing. Sensi Seeds fast finishing autofeminized has stood up to everything from 47c to minus 2.2 and still produced an acceptable yield,

Carraxe

Veteran
I doubt Sensi is selling the same they had in the 90s. Everything I've grown from them in the 2010s was a fraud, and I can say I grow more than 10 of their strains. They have the same name they had in the 90 but the seeds were a fraud, the police raided their factories and they just started selling shit with the same name. All the good strains I owe from Sensi are from the 90. I have a Jack Herer and this Black Domina and they really rock.

Shame on Sensi. I hate them fraudsters