What's new

Black Domina from Sensi Seeds

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Hey kokoua :wave:

Another great thread my friend :smile: got my hands on a selected BD, can't wait to grow her out ;)

greetings

stretchpup

I'm really surprised to hear about the high male ratio's, what gives?

I don't want to hate on sensi but sheesh, they seem to have a funk following them lately...

G

stretchpup said:
I'm really surprised to hear about the high male ratio's, what gives?

I don't want to hate on sensi but sheesh, they seem to have a funk following them lately...

lots of males :badday: .. we started 3 seeds... all males, another 3 seeds.. all males and then 2 seeds... one female :joint: :joint: ... finally..

the plant is short and huge fan leaves... we are now 25 days into flower, and already frosty... hope all the hype is correct...

G

same here.....2 packs germed. 18 sprouts, 11 x males, 5 x females, 2x runts. Still loving it tho so far.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Reminds me of my famous couchlock story we smoked some weed back in like the 80's we were like 15-16 somewhere around that age and my dad knew I smoked but thought I quit and he didnt like it.. but he was outta the house for 3 hours at around 9 PM.. so we got are bong and smoked a bowl or two of ganja we didnt know what strain it was we just wanted to get high.. well we started watching something and we fell asleep my dad comes home the bong is on the table were on the couch snoring away lol, he finally gave up and Said I really dont care anymore lol..
but thats some really dankalicious stuff =D

Elk Woman

We grew Black Domina last year in our first medical garden. Our holes were under-prepared (darn lazy adolescent partner, only 8" deep) so the plants didn't get very big -- maybe 3 ft. -- BUT! The buds themselves were enormous! :muahaha: And smoked very well and strong. They were so dense, we had our only problems with mold in this variety (but still, only 3-4 big nugs ruined). I did get tired of it after awhile though, as I would either pass out or my brain would stop working. That's fun sometimes, :canabis: but I'm more the "let's get stoned and giggle, then run through the green fields naked!" kind of girl. :dance: :bigeye:

Of three plants, none of which were over 4' tall and not too much branching, we got at least 2 pounds. The buds were heavy, tight and beautiful, with a dark purplish coloring that came on in the last, cooler days before harvest. I would recommend the plant to people who love to play music, talk-story all night, or just sit and stare at the wall with a big grin on your face.

But for me, I'm going back to majority sativas next year; we have so much indi this season I don't know how I'll manage to smoke it all! (Hubby prefers the sativas, as his brain shuts down after 2-3 puffs of indi. Train Wreck is his favorite, but I think he'll end up enjoying the Bubba Kush and Kwik Kali as well.) :tongue:

So, enjoy BD if you love indi.

Hindu Killer

Veteran
EW when did it finish for you? And at what latitude?? Ive been wanting to try it...heard so many good things about it. And it's parentage is such top notch genetics that it has to be Killer! It would have to finish by late Oct for me to try it!

Burt

Veteran
i don't know where your located but when i was in NE-even the mexi staivas were pretty much done by Halloween or 11/7
Bd should be ready by mid october at the latest-get it in even quicker by using shade cloth or photoperiod maniuplation-i recall the mango being done by 10/15
she's lovely and i wouldn't let her go past 60 days-it is more on the balanced side then

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi

I'm currently running a clone of Black Domina from a friend of mine... Very tasty weed, strong stone, not big yield but worth it...

Picts at 28 days of bloom
1410006800x600tm4.jpg
1410007800x600cg3.jpg
1410008800x600hq4.jpg
1410009800x600hg9.jpg
1410010800x600at3.jpg
1410011800x600gp8.jpg
1410012800x600kd4.jpg
1410013800x600cy8.jpg

G

we cut ours at 57days last week... now drying, then into bottles for a couple of months...

it took us over 1 year to get one female... 1st two tries... 3 seeds each time all males :badday: , next try 2 seeds 1 female :joint:

i did cut a small bud at 47 days, quick-dried it, and was disappointed with the potency.. not killer at all.. hopefully the extra 10days+ a good dry/cure will improve her...

if she ain't killer ,i'll be a bit upset after reading mostly glowing reports on her... will report back after curing... :joint:

G

HerbGlaze said:
Reminds me of my famous couchlock story we smoked some weed back in like the 80's we were like 15-16 somewhere around that age and my dad knew I smoked but thought I quit and he didnt like it.. but he was outta the house for 3 hours at around 9 PM.. so we got are bong and smoked a bowl or two of ganja we didnt know what strain it was we just wanted to get high.. well we started watching something and we fell asleep my dad comes home the bong is on the table were on the couch snoring away lol, he finally gave up and Said I really dont care anymore lol..
but thats some really dankalicious stuff =D

Haha good story :)

Sleepy

Veteran
finally got a lady...

finally got a lady...

here's my Black Domina lady...almost ready.

very squat...vegged for 2 months under T5...

peace.

G

sleepy.. we cut ours at 57 days, it is now curing... we have sampled a bit, and so far it is 'ok'... def not kick-ass, maybe with a cure it will improve, but i was hoping for something a lot stonger after reading many reviews...

we took some cuttings, and will wait to see if it makes the 'cut' into our garden again... if we had to make that decision today i think it would be ....no...

but we'll wait a few weeks :joint: :joint:

peace...

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Try some sample at days, can't wait to see when she'll be ready.
Right now she has a great hashy taste, even quick dried, with a clear stone, little body effect, but going crazy on paranoid sometimes, be aware.... Some of my friends justwon't take some any more, make them angry....
Going on holidays, be back to cut my black do girls at 7,8 and 9 weeks, i'll make a full grow/smoke report.

G

Ethereal, I have found that some strains of weed do tend to make me grumpy or uptight as opposed to happy and relaxed depending on how muh I ingest, I dont think you should just say that it DOES NOT make people angry when you are only speaking from your experience. I remember reading somewhere that overly higher doses of thc can have a reversed effect to a standard dose and I have noticed with some strains that this can be the case. For me it is the mango sativa I am vaping at the moment, if I have too much it makes me grumpy..........blueberry on the other hand for me is pure bliss no matter how muh I vape.

Last edited:
G

kokua said:
The BD I have was selected by an old friend several years ago...so I can't talk about variation or any of that...but the smoke is fantastic!!

This particular plant has the densest nugs I have ever come across, I can't imagine anything denser. Seriously, you could take a nug and crack a window with it if your threw it hard enough!! That hard!! The smoke puts you down...down and out. No talking, no moving, nothing. You sit in one spot and zone out. It is perfect for a nightcap and for a rainyday movie. In the same breath, it is a disaster if you smoke BD in any other setting.

The yield is moderate at best. I don't weigh my harvest much, but I do every once in a while to see how efficient my garden is growing. Most strains will fill a quart jar with an ounce...I can fit 2 ounces in the same quart sized mason jar of the Domina because the nugs are that heavy and dense.

This particular phenotype produces minimal odor while on the vine. The dried bud produces minimal odor while sitting out, but as soon as it is ground up it releases its intoxicating fragrance. The smell is nice like over ripe fruit. If you have a sweet tooth Domina is definately not for you. Her taste borders on the ceder/spice/pepper, with a stone that hits you a half a second after you inhale. A connoisseur in every sense of the word.

Enjoy the pics :joint:

Bon Appetito :lurk:

Since you have some experience with it, what would you cross it with, not a sat, but something else, just pickin your brain for a sec, thanks