What's new

Black Cream, Red Poison and Dark Devil in Arctic Circle

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Scai,

My Black Cream recently past my Cream Caramel in height. Yesterday the BC was 53" (135cm) and the CC was 48" (122cm). I did not measure this morning but the BC has grown for sure since yesterday. My two Black Cream are really starting to go deep red in the center of the bud leafs, the flowers are lovely, white pistils and deep red/black developing calyxes. I'm very impressed with how pretty this strain is in flower and hope my buds grow big.

I have seen many good reviews on Black Cream so I hope for a good turn out.

Also, one that I like very much too is the Devil Cream. The bud stems are starting to really deepen red/black. The BC has the read in its leafs primarily and the DC has it in the stems. They are lovely and the effect reminds me of dark candy canes.

S

scai

Nice McKush..

I have no flowers yet.It's still 1 1/2 month before natural light is 12/12.
So they still have time to grow if they like.

Red Poisons are the smallest ones, Black Cream is biggest and Dark Devil in between.
You are already enjoying the flowering and beauty, I still have to wait.
But these are quite good varieties for summer in Arctic Circle. Next summer there might be some other varietys too, green ones ;)
Maybe I pick some more if I get to come to Spannabis ;)

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm growing differently though as can only do indoor gardening. I went with auto's so I could worry less about photoperiod and concentrate on other things like feeding schedules and room set up. In the future I can see where running fewer numbers of less strains would be better so that they all develop a little more consistently and stay closer on pace with one another.

Coincidently, my Green Poisons are the smallest of my bunch whereas your smallest are the Red Poisons. My GP are very close to one another in terms of growth pace and size which would make a tray of them by themselves better. They are being out competed by the taller sisters.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you may also want to check out some Cream Caramel too if you get into the Sweet Auto Fem line. I'm really liking that strain right now, it is not the showiest of the group but at day 49 seem to be the best budded. I'm hoping for another 3 or 4 uneventful weeks of growing until I can start to harvest the CC2, the CC1 will be behind it I think.

S

scai

Yep. Maybe I'll do even bigger grow next summer.
It still depends how people like these autos as a smoke.They have got used to get sativa and powerfull indica and this is very interesting to see now how they like autos.
I will not say what it is, before they ( and I ) say what they like.

It's odd that Poisons (red and green) don't do so well as they are mainly indica?
This is very interesting.
Maybe they are just a bit slower? Maybe they catch up later?

And of course, I have not much experience of feeding them properly.Like you said, you are concentrating in such things more now.
I just rely on summer ;) and nettletea.

S

scai

Oookkey, now Black Creams and Dark Devils are going to flower.Some dark red in them, definately!
I tried to take pictures, but my camera is what it is....closeups fail.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oookkey, now Black Creams and Dark Devils are going to flower.Some dark red in them, definately!
I tried to take pictures, but my camera is what it is....closeups fail.

Those Dark Devil's photograph well, very pretty plants! I think you will get red then in your BC, certainly the DD. One of my BC gets the red in the leafs pretty much only, the other BC and the taller of the two get the red in the stems, the contrast is very much in early flower when the pistils are while and everything else is black.

My next round will be even better as I take what I've learned this round into next. I won't be so slow to start pushing these and I will not use an intermediate sized pot, will go from my root riots directly to 2 or 3g pots. Also going to adopt a better photoperiod for these AFs too next round. 24/20/18 over the course of the grow. I've grown 18/6 the entire time and I think that is too slow.

S

scai

picture.php

This was the case just few days before I saw them starting to flower.
They are different sizes and I'm not really sure what triggered flowering.Some are really big, so that is case with them, but how about the smaller ones?
Days are getting shorter now, but only one hour or so...until these days we had that 24 h light.

t is ineteresting Mc Kush.I really do think that we learn something out of this?

S

scai

Biggest Black Cream is about 130 cm and just starting to flower.
Dark Devils, two red ones, one green.Red Poison still trying to protest, but tehy will get some fertilizers today.Black Cream, looking green atm.
I have some pictures of colors now, so enjoy :D
picture.php

Black Cream, green

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S

scai

Red Poisons are catching up now.Within few days they have grown lenght and stems are swelling. First signs of flowering are starting to show.
Yellowing is very pale.

Maybe the beginning was too cool for them and that set them back a bit.Also we must remember that very many seeds find summer here bit odd, 24 h light.
Tomatoes do stall as long as the night start to get bit darker. Know that for a fact ;)

But I belive that they are not far from others when they all finish, maybe a week?
It's nice to see them do well ;)

Last edited:

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi scai!

All looking good. Thanks for the update and comments ;)

I think Red Poison will end up catching the others. Maybe you'll harvest them one week after but hopefuly no longer than that.

Keep us updated. Sweet smokes!

tommy

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Wow Scai, the beast is transforming into a beautiful princess!
Thanks for sharing my friend, I see a good future from this ;)
Jaypp

S

scai

Thanks Tommy, jaypp and Morcheeba.
I believe that they will do well.
Tallest Black Cream is about 140cm and these Red Poisons are reaching 100 cm.
This is not a small grow ;)

Goup picture, front Red Poisons that are catching up now, right Black Creams and behinf Dark Devils. 3+3+3
picture.php

And how I love this color!
picture.php

These are definately my summergrow 2015 and I need to pic some more Sweet seed stuff ;)
Autos are good for Finnish summer, they have short maturing time, they do grow good. (Now that my friends told me not to strand them with small pots ;))
And I can finish them outside.That's a major plus.
I have learned somethng new again and I'm more prepared for next summer!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi again my friend!

That's a very beautiful tent you've got there ;)

It's a nice space but as they don't get direct sunlight they end up stretching a bit, "hoping" so find the direct sunlight somewhere up there, hehehe. But they're good, I would mind the stretch thing if I had such a wonderful space to do outdoor grows :D

Sweet smokes!

tommy

S

scai

Yes, stretching is unavoidable....Though we have lot of sun, it's not very intensive.
Lot's of heat, lots of humidity, so they stretch ;)

I have two greenhouses 6 x 3 x 2 m.
As I live in countryside and people around do all farming, they don't know what I'm farming ;).

I love summer.I can take my grows outside to greenhouse.In there they grow healthy and big.
That's one reason why I'm looking nice autos.

Floweringroom is not that big and with these big bushes that I can grow outside, I have to flower them inside.

That's where autos are so good, I can finish them outside.
Very handy :D .I also like to experience something new and autos are new to me.

S

scai

Now then!
I'm glad to tell you that they are all....RED!
All nine of them show more or less RED.
Dark Devils are most red, Black Creams are little less and so are Red Poisons. RP I can't tell yet how they will finish but they have some red in them too.They are still so early and looked green first but now red is increasing day by day.
RPs are branching out now and catching the quick DDs and BCs.
I'm so happy with all of them ;).

And now I'm thinking if I hit branch or two with Banghi haze pollen ;)

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi scai!

Thanks for the little update. It's nice to know you're enjoying growing these strains ;)

Keep us updated bro, sweet smokes!

tommy

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Scai,

Hope you are having a good grow week. I've been busy harvesting! My Black Cream (BC2) is about 68g in the jar, should come less but a good result. This is the plant that I've been sampling from for the last two or three weeks. I enjoy it. My other Black Cream (BC1) is still going, she has produced the best "looking" buds, a green pheno. Only a bit of red in her, but very good buds & density. The BC1 is just a different pheno altogether closer to the Devil Creams. The dried bud is very dark purple, lovely stuff really. I can't say enough for the Sweet Black Cream.

My Cream Caramels did not turn out so great. One I will smoke and the other one went very bushy with fine, fine leaves and flowers (this is probably due to the plant keeper though) I think that one is only suitable for butter/edible.

I made soooo many mistakes in my first grow but I think I understand what many of them were so I can improve next time.

S

scai

Hey there.
Update coming.
I was away for one week and some progress is happening.Take pictures this afternoon.
Nice to hear that you enjoy McKush.
My experience is a bit same as yours, I thin Black Creams might be the best ones, Dark Devil is not far behind.

Latest posts

Latest posts