What's new

Black Cream Grow Diary (CFL/LED)

Andraax

Day 70

Day 70

Thank you, SoulSurfer^^
The Lighthouse Hydro BlackStar 180w, I used for this grow was 300 $. The GrowSun, I will be using with the new grow was 600 $.

I decided to give her one more day in the summer sun and took some more bud pics, as the last turned out so well:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Andraax

Day 6

Day 6

The next couple is doing well in the mini green house. Temps are around 30°C/80°F, humidity around 70%.

The one with leaves always praying to the light god:
picture.php

The one with the snapped stem catches up, and I think she will make it. The defect is definetely repairing, and her stem is not as fragile, as it looks:
picture.php

Andraax

Day 72 Harvest

Day 72 Harvest

Harvest after 72 days.
It's not much at 63 grams wet weight with lots of stems and sugar leaves. But I knew this early on and just wanted to finish this grow to get accustomed to the strain. I'm sure the problems during veg are responsible and hope my next run of this strains fares better.

picture.php

Andraax

Day 8

Day 8

The stem defect of the "snapped one" has healed, maybe there is even growing something from the defect.

picture.php

picture.php

Andraax

Day 9

Day 9

Transplanted the seedlings to the final pots and placed them in the tent with the LED set to 100% seedling and added 2x 23W 6500k CFLs.
Few hours later they are happy in their new home.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Andraax

Day 11

Day 11

Today I set the GrowSun LED to "Vegetation mode" at 50% power, and raised the light a bit:
picture.php

As it is currently very hot and dry around here, I set up a towel hung into a box with water for some evaporation (left):
picture.php

The taller one gets along well:
picture.php

"Snappy" shows already some discolorations in the first leaves (again, damn):
picture.php

Dunno what to do, sure it's not overwatering (500ml each, on transplantation 2/3 tap and 1/3 mineral water, ph 6.5), temps are a bit high (30°, but plants outside have to stand much more around here atm), humidity is 40%, soil is a type for seedlings (so probably low on nutes). Looks like potassium deficiency to me, but how could that be in such a young plant?

Andraax

Day 12

Day 12

Discolorations on the lowest leaves of "Snappy" have increased a little (here the other first leave), but the leaves still show nice tension.
Both plants start to develop side branches:

picture.php

picture.php

Startet with two hours of "night" today, will increase in the next two days stepwise to 6 hours.

Andraax

Day 15

Day 15

The discolorations on the lowest leaves of "Snappy" stay identical, other leaves look good.
Both plants show nice tension in the leaves. I wonder when to water - didn't since transplantation, but they don't look like they need water. Maybe I will water nevertheless tomorrow, as I have to leave for two days.

picture.php

picture.php

Andraax

Day 18

Day 18

Watered them with 500ml each 3 days ago and then left for 2 days.
Generally both plants developed well, but the "Tall" got even taller these days. Don't know why she streches so much (enough light, temp day/night is 30°/27°C), therefore I will have to train her soon:
picture.php

"Snappy" is much more stacked, but this may be due to the disrupted stem develpoment. However, she looks nice and I will probably not have to train her:
picture.php

Andraax

Day 21

Day 21

Both plants look very healthy, no signs of deficieny or overwatering like last time.
Today I started LST on the Tall to get her a little down. She responded very well in only a couple hours (guess I will get her top below the side branches in the next days):
picture.php

Snappy started to stretch a little, but is still very compact:
picture.php

Andraax

Day 23

Day 23

Both plants are healthy and developing well.
Continued LST on the Tall, her top is now on the same height as that of Snappy (she is much lower than she appears on the pic):

picture.php

Maybe I will train Snappy also in the next days, on the other hand I would like to compare results of a trained versus a non-trained plant:
picture.php

Andraax

Day 26

Day 26

Both plants are showing plenty pre-flowers, I hope for a few more days of vegetative growth on the side branches, before flowering starts.

The Tall adapted nicely to the LST:
picture.php

Maybe I will need to train Snappy too, as she has become quite tall:
picture.php

Andraax

Not sure if you mean LED generally, or specifically the GrowSun.
Generally I'm a fan of LEDs, on the GrowSun I'm not decided. Currently I have the impression, the Lighthouse Chorme I used before, did better. The clusters of the GrowSun have many different spectra, one even yellow, and the LEDs in the clusters have also all kinds of colors. I figured the manufacturers had a plan when putting the colors together, but probably a simple red/blue spectrum like the Lighthouse is more effective. On the other hand, this is still "Vegetative" mode of the GrowSun, where two clusters are turned off - will turn to "Flower" mode probably next week. In my grows some of the other spectra are already represented by the CFLs and therefore the GrowSun cannot score on this ground.

gardenfather

I bought a 600w HPS with ballast and im thinking of down the road getting a LED system, but this my problems, if i have a 600w HPS and then get a 600w LED wouldnt it be the same thing? i know led draws less power but 600w is 600w no?

Andraax

Day 29

Day 29

Installed the 2nd pair of 23W 6500K CFLs to increase light to the undergrowth which has increased much.
Both plants started flowering, but not much stretch so far. Still enough that I had to train Snappy a little to keep both tops on an even level:
picture.php

The Tall:
picture.php

Andraax

Day 32

Day 32

Last watering I added a little less than half of the recommended amount of Bio-Grow for a first feeding, to which they responded well.

The Tall:
picture.php

Snappy almost outgrew the Tall by now:
picture.php

As both are well into flowering now, I switched the GrowSun to bloom-mode today:
picture.php

Andraax

Day 35

Day 35

Both Plants are doing very well.
I had to increase watering as they are vaporizing quite a bit lately.
Calyx/pistil production is increasing and some sugar leaves show already nice trichome coverage.

The Tall:
picture.php

picture.php

Snappy:
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts