What's new

Black Cats Hash Handle [Efficient Bubblebag Tech]

Hey there brothers and sisters.
Just wanted to share a technique thats massively increased the speed of my hash processing with little compromise of yeild or quality.

Like a lot of you in this forum I love hash. The smells, the colours, the high. Versatility. Small size. Ease of storage. All the things.

Ive had success with some great BHO's and dry sifts but ive always been a bubble bag man. The convenience of being able to process green has been invaluable in different situations. Killing frosts have turned what was sure to be brown sludge into blonde gold in the field. Cant trim another gram- stick it in the freezer and process at your convenience.Hash has been a blessing in more ways than one.

I just love the sweet quality of a small crop or resinous trim lovingly stirred with a hand carved wooden spoon. But bucket after bucket really starts to get me down and at harvest times precious.

Ive played with paint stirrers, high speed drills, washing machines and dough mixers and the pace is great but plant damage is high and i miss that colour and quality.

Now theres an old bushies trick in my parts to do your clothes washing in a bucket. An old buddy of mine applied this technology to hashinating and boy how well that worked. Fast, low physical impact and gentle on the herb. Speed of automation with none of the mastication... Heres how it goes.

1- Get a large size plunger. Needs to fit in your working bucket. I
use one around 8 inches wide.

2-Drill large bore [1/2 inch or so] holes in the plunger evenly
around the flange. This helps water move through the plunger as it works the mix. It works without the holes too...

3-Attach the plunger head to a broom handle- most of these can
use the same thread thats on a standard cheap ass broom in my
neck of the woods and it just screws straight on.

4-Bubble bags into bucket and load up with water ice and process
herb as usual.

You are now the proud owner of a Black Cat Hash Handle and ready to bob.

Plunge away. No bending twisting scraping, cold hands, sore shoulders. Its all leg muscle and gravity.
Thats it. Simple

The rolling action of the plunger in ice is exceptional. Creates a downward force in the bucket that seems to make a big differeance pushing the trichs down through the mix to the collection end of the bucket so i can use higher herb volumes than i otherwise would.

But best of all, while washing thoroughly it seems to be much gentler on the herb than faster techniques ive tried. Full melt is quite attainable without a big quantity sacrifice. Yeild is awesome.

This allows me to process many times faster than a hand stirred solution. Costs about 15 bucks. Can be transported to remote areas in a backpack. I love it. So thanks to Black Cat out there and if you get the chance give it a try.

Love to hear how it goes.

Respect

The Flying Monkey:pirate:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I'll be damned.

I can see it now in my noodle eye. Bet that would get a fair sized bucket to a rolling boil.

You're noodle knows Mikell bro. Gets a real thorough rolling action that works the whole bucket. And there are some big plungers out there for some big buckets. But your standard household number makes short work of a 5-10 gal bucket.

mack 10

Veteran
Great idea. Some of the old ones are the best.
I'm Def gonna give this a whirl.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one FM !
This is a great share, thank you for this.
Oh man I'm off to home base!
Keep it up
CC

Latest posts

Latest posts