What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black African Magic

G

Pirate138 said:
Someone should share the love of that Black African Strain, please?
Thanks for the negative reputation, somehow I dont think me getting ripped off on money and marijuana warrants that kind of response from you. But its always good to see what you're really made of.

I saw this thread an had to comment. Back in the late 70's my sisters boyfriend had some weed called Black African. It was black and kind of sticky. I was only 15 at the time and was not a real big pot smoker. He told us to take the weed to a place where no one was around. We hiked up a mountain a smoked some. To this day it was by far the stoniest weed I have ever smoked. The thing is is that it was like smoking weed laced with mushrooms or something. The stone was so intense that the 3 of us kind of freaked out. We smoked the rest of it on 3 different occasions and it was just out of this world. You could not function at all.
Now, I was told that this weed was not considered all that great so what they did (who knows who) was lace it with opium which gave it it's sticky appearence and it's out of this world stone. Was it truely BA? I have no idea, but my sisters BF at the time used to smuggle all sorts of dif. weed/coke from all over the world and to this day had the best weed collection ever.
That's my small story.
Peace

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yes, people who smuggle small quantities and do seek for the best quality usually have great stash of exotic goodies :yes:

Zombie Black/WW cross seeds.

Zombie Black/WW cross seeds.

I am growing out a WW/Black cross from highgrade seed bank called "black queen". Barely two weeks in, so will be a while before any smoke reports...

C

Chamba

I've never smoked the legendary "African Black" ..but every description I've heard or read about it tells me it's a simply a strong, late picked African sativa ..maybe the drying & curing process has something to do with the looks also..I bet they rehydrate the bud when drying and bind it...it was probably grown at altitude.

I'm not an expert on African strains, far from it.....but i have grown a few and lots of Asian sativas...

I've found you will get the same results (but not the colour) from many good examples of sativas that are grown well and harvested several months after the average grower of 8 week hybrids thinks they are ready....which would be January, Febuary or March, not October or November in the Northern Hemisphere.....

most growers I see online grow sativas under the weak northern hemisphere sun or under lights, pick them a month or more early, dry and smoke them 3 weeks later and then complain about how weak they are!......when they should try expertly growing that same plant, let it fully mature and then some..(preferably under the tropical sun or in a green house with light bloking capabilities and additional lighting) ...when iready cut it down, let it dry, then give it a long bottle cure, store it somewhere cool and dark for several months to experience the full sativa effects....long flowering plants and unforgetable highs are all about patience with the axe and the cure.

the best advice for growing sativas, African, Asian or others is, if you think it's ready, wait another month or more....lol...and never pick a pretty green sativa,

at harvest a well grown, fully matured sativa will usually be mostly leafless with hard small resiny buds with very little new flower growth, the only new flower growth will be at the extreme tips of the budettes...or you will be smoking an unsatisfactory caffiene-ey, nervous, short lived whizz....let it mature properly and you will experience the same long lasting, complex and complete high that sativa "legends" are made of.

Happy growing!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Chamba. The prohibition model keeps everybody focused on speed, yield, potency. If I am growing my own, all I care about is the quality of taste and effect. I planned to stagger my harvest to see how this strain matures, but would never have added a full month. I will now thanks to you!

C

Chamba

The prohibition model keeps everybody focused on speed, yield, potency

so true...

Last edited:
Wow, and I thought it was bad in the states! Random IN CLUB drug tests? I am laughing to think of some of the clubs I been in NYC, 70-80% failure rate I would suspect.

Be Safe!

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Damn Chamb, I didnt think it was that bad over there!

I think you are too old in those clubs as long as you grow :D

C

Chamba

Damn Chamb, I didnt think it was that bad over there!

where might that be?

hmmmm...on second thoughts - don't answer that! lol

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Yes Chamba, I dont have accurate information about your location and really dont need it if you feel it compromises your security, which is the last thing I want!

25 - 35 $ per gram :yoinks: Maybe for some quality hash, but not bud, if it isnt some HC sativa that has flowered for 8u months etc...

Stay safe there :wave:

ahortator

Veteran
Hi to all
I've read abot Black Magic African but I don't know in which country this strain grow. Perhaps in the Congo, Gabon, Cameroon, Nigeria, Guinea? I don't know. I think that Central Africa sativas must be in the same way, but I'm not so lucky to have tasted this weeds.

Greetings

Hi to all
I've read abot Black Magic African but I don't know in which country this strain grow. Perhaps in the Congo, Gabon, Cameroon, Nigeria, Guinea? I don't know. I think that Central Africa sativas must be in the same way, but I'm not so lucky to have tasted this weeds.

Greetings

I heard talk about the Great Rift Valley in Rift Valley Province of Kenya.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Reeferman is selling an "African Black" with this description. Hard to know if it is a real pure African. I know we had a very black looking strain years ago, small chunky very dark blackish buds. The small chunky hard nugs could have been that the plant had been made into bricks for smuggling, dunno. But it was called Black Colombian. Two tokes per person and you were lost in a very good trippy type high. Because of that am interested in the black strains and would even like to try Rman's African Black except for the price, knowing it's probably not the same but it's tempting.
African Black

These seeds were given to me by a old timer in amsterdam who said I had to experience this strain.
The strain grows stouter like a durban they are 100% sativa and just have a knock out out heady high , they produce serious resin for a sativa the mothers used to produce these seeds produced more melting dry seive than any other strain I screened.

The taste is dry and hashy with a medicine twist like chinese indica but way way higher quality the black describes the black streaks that run through some of the top cola's of the plant almost like resin streaks.
This is pure breeding material but worthy of a grow for serious head stash
they take 11 weeks to flower on average

Indoor flowering up to 11 weeks

I've got some seeds from somebody that lives in Durban and one of the strains was called Swazi Black. I am not sure if it is the same thing you guys are talking about but this guy lives there and seems to know his shit about pure african landrace sativas. I haven't started a grow yet but I just bought some lights, 4 four foot fluoros and I will be starting some soon. I also got Durban poison, swazi red, gold and transkei green. I really want to cross one of these with an autoflowering strain but don't have any seeds and can't afford them at the moment.

always wanted to know about this strain, anyone have it in seed form for sale atm? would love to see some pics?

Last edited:
always wanted to know about this strain, anyone have it in seed form for sale atm? would love to see some pics?

Yeah, most of the seed banks do have some swazis, or malawis, but I am talking about actual african landraces, meaning from africa, not the closet or growroom of somebody with 100 different strains growing in the same building that thinks they are getting pure strains. Just look up swazi rooibart and you'll find a whole bunch of cool pics.

ahortator

Veteran
I hope that this would be useful:

From: http://howtogrowmarijuana-weed.blogspot.com/2007/10/varieties-of-marijuana-sativa.html

The Central African

The Nigerian, the Congolese, the Kenya herbs have possibly the biggest leaves and the tallest plants you could have ever saw. These plants can potentially reach 6 meters of height, and a Nigerian having grown in full sun have 45 cm long leaves. The Nigerian plants are among the most powerful and weakening of all the cannabis varieties (after two puffs, the most experimented cultivators have enough and quickly go to sleep). Although if the Nigerian bud are not very tight, they don't spread themselves like the South East Asian one. The bud is extremely resinous, with an unusual rich taste, earthy, organic and a unique odor. The Nigerian are mature very late, and often do not ripe before the end of November or even the end of December in San Francisco.

The Congolese and the Kenyan are also very tall but the look is more similar to the Colombians but also have similarities with the Nigerian in taste and odor. They get to maturity sooner than the Nigerian and they ripen in November. The most powerful tested cannabis in this land is the Congolese (more than 11 percent of THC) followed by the Nigerian (more then 10 percent of THC).

Latest posts

Latest posts