What's new

Bitcoin Talk

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
picture.php

EasyGoing

You guys really claiming BTC isn't a thing because of this correction? Last year this time BTC was 830$ Now it's 10k. That's a 12x increase people, what charts are you watching? It's hard to believe MSM sometimes, I swear they just spread FUD........ I stand with my prediction on BTC to 30k by end of feb

geneva_sativa

It has done this at this time of year for the past 4 years or so, yeah ?

Some article claiming due to major holiday in Asia (Lunar New Year), people cashing out in advance to buy gifts and give "lucky money"

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
What goes up, must come down.

It really is as simple as that. Both BTC and alts had a massive run up that seemed never ending. Of course, in this day and age, the whole world gets involved at the last minute just when all the signs are showing a turn. There's been no sign of the whales cashing out. Big money is waiting until the last moment to cash in more! The rich want the biggest gains and they can afford to wait to get the price they want.

Even if BTC slips to 5k keep calm and wait it out.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The lower it goes, the more people will panic and the more BTC will be crash-cashed to "save what's left of their investment." Sucks to invest in something you don't understand. Yes, the whales will be buying more at the bottom. Bet your last seed they will.

Be smart, do your research. :D

EasyGoing

It has done this at this time of year for the past 4 years or so, yeah ?

Some article claiming due to major holiday in Asia (Lunar New Year), people cashing out in advance to buy gifts and give "lucky money"

I heard that too, then I googled it........ That date would be Feb 16th.......... No idea where that came from, but it's nonsense.

I hope BTC falls to the next support level around 6.5k. I will be buying this week big time.

sourkush

#HODL #DYOR #BTFD #TOTHEMOON
lol, this thread sounds like twitter, i'm happy i invested many moons ago so i can watch this dip without caring, i took some profit enough so even with a full crash i won't have lost a penny. That's a shame such a revolutionary tech like blockchain has to go through that but at least now people know about it, i hope one day it's used for the good and not for the greed, this tech has the power to say fuck you to the banking system and it's stupid debts enslavement but it needs to be used well, one day it will, hopefully.

Still waiting before i try to buy the dip, some of these projects are still way overvalued to have a healthy progression.

sourkush

some of the memes on twitter are funny though, specially about bitconnect today, i hope none of you guys got in that shit scam

Douglas.Curtis

Tried to tell folks the Bitconnect thing was a scam. Waiting for binance to collapse as well, though they could make it in the long run. Slim chance.

Koondense

Veteran
Binance you mean BNB or the whole place? Got more info for this claim?
I have a bit of crypto goodies there :O

Douglas.Curtis

Binance you mean BNB or the whole place? Got more info for this claim?
I have a bit of crypto goodies there :O
Binance, the exchange itself. They're 6+ months old, with investment money from their ICO. Think new company with too much money to make efficient decisions.

Look for login problems. Watch for increasing numbers of people being (suddenly) unable to log in, or who have had their account verification go poof. Look for stories of people being unable to verify their account, regardless of how many times/ways they submit the proper information. Historically, with sites which have gone dark, the frequency of these types of problems goes up a short time before the site goes dark.

Personally, I only trust decentralized exchanges for holding funds any length of time. Even then, I still keep the majority in wallets.
:tiphat:

The lower it goes, the more people will panic and the more BTC will be crash-cashed to "save what's left of their investment." Sucks to invest in something you don't understand. Yes, the whales will be buying more at the bottom. Bet your last seed they will.

Be smart, do your research. :D

The whales and the little feeder fish lamprays are excited today

Koondense

Veteran
Binance, the exchange itself. They're 6+ months old, with investment money from their ICO. Think new company with too much money to make efficient decisions.

Look for login problems. Watch for increasing numbers of people being (suddenly) unable to log in, or who have had their account verification go poof. Look for stories of people being unable to verify their account, regardless of how many times/ways they submit the proper information. Historically, with sites which have gone dark, the frequency of these types of problems goes up a short time before the site goes dark.

Personally, I only trust decentralized exchanges for holding funds any length of time. Even then, I still keep the majority in wallets.
:tiphat:

I heard of troubles but same is(was) happening on most exchanges. Kucoin, Bitstamp for example. There's a huge flow of new users in 2018 and these exchanges keep working and upgrading on every bump. Never had an issue with login on any of those now after the upgrades were made.
I don't believe binance will crash, it's far too popular and still there are no such signs of collapse as for example with MtGox back in the day.

I actually believe they will boom and raise in popularity some time in Q2 :)

HODL strong
:biggrin:

Douglas.Curtis

I heard of troubles but same is(was) happening on most exchanges. Kucoin, Bitstamp for example. There's a huge flow of new users in 2018 and these exchanges keep working and upgrading on every bump. Never had an issue with login on any of those now after the upgrades were made.
I don't believe binance will crash, it's far too popular and still there are no such signs of collapse as for example with MtGox back in the day.

I actually believe they will boom and raise in popularity some time in Q2 :)

HODL strong
:biggrin:
The grumblings are there and size means nothing. Look up crypto history, MtGox was only one small example. Watch for some spectacular implosions. It only takes on inside employee committing fraud to bring down a good thing. There's a lot of juicy pie behind the scenes at any centralized exchange.

Wallets.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Tell me, if you have a hard wallet, (ignoring the tax implication here), doesn't that mean transferring it to the exchange to trade with and then transferring it back again after? Don't transfer fees negate profits for small traders?
A lot of us are just playing a game, and as such, unnecessary ball aches aren't attractive.

Douglas.Curtis

Why would you involve an exchange and or bank, for buying and holding bitcoin in a wallet? Unless you're using a credit card?

Douglas.Curtis

Yes, it will involve transfer (and possibly trade) fees. Bitcoin used to be cheap, and the standard tx fee for exchanges was .001. People have spent fortunes on tx fees. Are you going to pay fees to transfer your coins around? Pretty much, so get used to it.

How can you make your fees as small as possible? Find a coin with low fees, advertise you're buying it on craigslist or other non-crypto site. Another option? Give them your exchange deposit address for the coin and go from there. A lot of sites don't like you mining to their exchange address (look up sidechains), deposits are always fine. ;)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree . binance is new and seems like they could screw this up. in the beginnings I was very dubious..but then they have gone in front of tv now I believe and are the largest in the world now..i know it means they have a position to fall from ..i but have seen real money come out and happily transferred from there to my exit .. multiple people I know have too. and tgey would be fukin morons to fuk this up..

I fully expect some kids exactly like them to rule this market ..japan is probably the best country in the world to base an exchange?

Latest posts

Latest posts