What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bitcoin Talk

G

ganjygav

Woke up this morning and had a look at crypto news. I see the Korean government are down talking banning bitcoin.
I thought maybe this would have stable the big 4 prices at least but all are still falling.
EOS is rising well.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Woke up this morning and had a look at crypto news. I see the Korean government are down talking banning bitcoin.
I thought maybe this would have stable the big 4 prices at least but all are still falling.
EOS is rising well.
Oh no, big investor's are unable to mess with the price of bitcoin and other coins. See? The bitcoin price is stable.
:tiphat:
(Or did you think only **Individuals** would try to game the price? I don't. lol)

R

Rox

I see BTC at £10k this morning and am tempted to buy another £100 worth...

EasyGoing

Last night I was up watching a live stream of a youtuber that does Crypto. I saw a county council member throw a shot out to the youtuber. Even in my small ass town, even the council knows about crypto. Can't wait to talk to him, as it's just another thing in common

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
No rhyme or reason for the height of the waves, got to check the tides. Look at the total market cap, as it goes up, so do the prices. Personally I like komodo but I was in at $8 and watched them fall to $5.50 then recover. Experience can be tortuous to gain in this new world.

Chappi

Current cryptomarket cap roughtly 704 billion USD.

.com bubble at it’s peak 3 Trillion USD.

This bubble could possibly be much bigger.

Let that sink in.

EasyGoing

LOL @ Chappi

Fear. Not a good thing to play off.

I would be willing to say, this market cap may fluctuate, however it will never stay below where it is right now for long. It's going up, and will take the market share away from the dollar, gold ext. You want to talk about a bubble? How about 12 trillion dollars "printed" since 2008, while tripling the assets of the Fed. That's larger than the entire crypto market, x12. Wake up, IMO. Crypto is actually safer than the dollar.

Last edited:

Chappi

LOL @ Chappi

Fear. Not a good thing to play off.

I would be willing to say, this market cap may fluctuate, however it will never stay below where it is right now for long. It's going up, and will take the market share away from the dollar, gold ext. You want to talk about a bubble? How about 12 trillion dollars "printed" since 2008, while tripling the assets of the Fed. That's larger than the entire crypto market, x12. Wake up, IMO. Crypto is actually safer than the dollar.

Another bitcoin groupie smh

My point was pro crypto but you’re either too dumb or insecure about yourself to realize that.

Inflation happens in everything and eventually leads to a bubble, nothing goes or stays up forever.

G

ganjygav

My point was pro crypto but you’re either too dumb or insecure about yourself to realize that.

Inflation happens in everything and eventually leads to a bubble, nothing goes or stays up forever.

Agreed it will level out one day.
The thing that keeps pushing prices up and the market afloat is the fact that crypto keeps attracting new investors.
Young people would rather invest in crypto markets than the stock market.
People who would never have even thought of stock trading have began buying currency.

As long as it keeps appealing to the younger generations and attracting new investors yearly it will do well.
Its almost fashionable to invest in crypto while people think of wallstreet trading as old and boring.
It can't pop until the invest stops, well I'm completely new to this but this is my theory.

R

Rox

Current cryptomarket cap roughtly 704 billion USD.

.com bubble at it’s peak 3 Trillion USD.

This bubble could possibly be much bigger.

Let that sink in.

Totally agree, things are just getting started and I personally can see a single bitcoin being worth a million in fiat... That's why I am hoping with my paltry late investment :laughing:

When it hits $30 people said it was a bubble & were advising people not invest, the same is happening today.

On a sidenote i fucked up! I wanted to buy £100 litecoins last night and I was so stoned and tired I accidentally bought £100 bitcoin lol :laughing::moon:

EasyGoing

I realized it......... what did I say that insinuated I didn't?

Anyway. Yes, there are bubbles. It will go up and down in the near and far future. My point is, this is just the start. We are 700,000,000 into a marketplace where the share will eventually be 10,000,000,000. This isn't going away, not in our lifetime. The dollar will.

This is the biggest invention with the biggest impact on human life in the last 150 years. A lot of the negative stuff about crypto were coming from people like Jamie Damin from Zero Hedge......Guess what? Now that investment firms are legally allowed to get in, Jamie Damin says he was wrong........ This will continue to be a trend. Scare people out of the beginning, get your positions, then pump it. Just wait. They are already doing it.

G

ganjygav

Look at eos, I brought a token at £7.40 just 3 days ago.

Look at eos, I brought a token at £7.40 just 3 days ago.

picture.php

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I remember reading an article written by a guy working for Yahoo, when their share price was nearly at it's peak. The article was written later, from his experience at the time. He sat down and did a value analysis of the company one day, and came up with the value of about $42 a share. Some ridiculously low number. Needless to say, he sold his shares before the crash. lol

It's said a main cause was new investors. A company would sign up with yahoo, dump $30,000 into advertising over a few months, and then quit because it wasn't bringing any actual returns. The issue is there were new companies doing the same thing every month, pumping Yahoo's published profits through the roof.

Once it became clear it took more than simply advertising on Yahoo for .com results, the share price tanked with the drop in new investors.

The media has been spreading disinformation about cryptocurrencies for quite a few years now, and the regular Joe Public is rather ignorant. You're going to see hundreds of thousands of fiat currencies pumped in, by millions of ignorant people. Yep, HUGE bubble coming. Massive!

Look for coins which are difficult to use now, that have an awesome potential in their upgrade path. Pays to be a geek, able to use esoteric software before it's refined for the pointy-clicky ignorant PC user of today. ;) Buy a roll of duct tape, some of you may have difficulty staying grounded, while your choices take off in value. lol Strap yourself to something really solid. :D

Chappi

I’ve been spending countless hours weeding out the outright fraud coins, the purely useless coins, the ones that claim to be blockchain based but are really old business platforms that rebranded, the outright copy and paste of other’s white papers, the conpanies that have a blockchain product where the old way is superior...on and on and on. I’ve looked at over 200 ico’s and have a list of 5 so far that I like, out of those five I put money in 4 recently. I’m looking to invest not day trade simply because I don’t have the time. I could make a killing day trading.

G

ganjygav

I’ve been spending countless hours weeding out the outright fraud coins, the purely useless coins, the ones that claim to be blockchain based but are really old business platforms that rebranded, the outright copy and paste of other’s white papers, the conpanies that have a blockchain product where the old way is superior...on and on and on. I’ve looked at over 200 ico’s and have a list of 5 so far that I like, out of those five I put money in 4 recently. I’m looking to invest not day trade simply because I don’t have the time. I could make a killing day trading.

Any tips? Someone today mentioned Amazon are going to enter the market with their own currency. That should be interesting. Amazon customers are plentiful and buy almost anything amazon.
I see that rising quick at first.

S

sourpuss

Make a killing one day get killed another day... 50 percent the time im always right lol...

Chappi

Any tips? Someone today mentioned Amazon are going to enter the market with their own currency. That should be interesting. Amazon customers are plentiful and buy almost anything amazon.
I see that rising quick at first.

Imo the coins that have potential in the near term(2-3 years) are those that deal with currency/money since that’s the immediate purpose for blockchain tech. There are others that make sense, I invested in a couple, but it’s probably too soon, many of these ico’s will be non existent in 5-10 years just like the .com companies that popped up the 90’s.

Most big companies are not interested in public blockchains, they are all currently working on internal-private blockchains from what I understand, trying to use the technology to make their systems more efficient.

Latest posts

Latest posts