What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bitcoin Talk

cryptop

I;d like to se posters inthis thread declare whether they have crypto holdings or not.

Of course impossible to verify, but it would certainly put some perspective on people's opinions... if you aren't holding and giving advice... imo that's just noise.

I thank everyone who is keeping this discussion going. I can;t control the flow of the discussion but I think it is more valuable coming from people who actually have holdings and are putting their money where their mouths are.

Naysayers and negative talkers without a stake in the game are armchair quarterbacks afaic

-C

Yup. In privacy alts mostly, BTC makes up around 40% of my portfolio.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Douglas have you heard of the lightning network and how it’s supposed to speed up the network by creating small mini transactions off the blockchain?
The issue with lightning is double spending. Unless they figure out a great way to keep the off-chain, lightning fast transactions, updated with the slow ass btc blockchain, you're going to have problems. Double-spending is locked out of the btc blockchain, it's impossible with the network as-is. No counterfeiting (until quantum computers lol), each coin is unique.

I'm not a blockchain developer, but the only way I see lightning and other side-chains working properly is through openledger type accounts. Amounts of btc are locked out, reserved for transactions on the lightning network, so every transaction is at least backed by real btc.

If they figure it out, inexpensively enough for tx fees and miner profits, it'll be a great coin. Pretty big if right now though.

I have at least a few dollars invested in every coin I've talked about. ;) Much more than can be said for a lot of people giving advice about growing. lol :tiphat:
Save

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
prof of life is something popularised by vitalik

I would happily show my open ledger and do a transaction to prove it...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20171229_WA0001.jpg

above is my girlfriend's binance...its not as chunky as mine but it serves a point...

this was the other night...had s touch of a dip since tho

my binance holdings...and that's nothing to do with my nanno s

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if anyone wants to join I will happily help them sign up....

if you don't mind add my referral code too ��

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hay Chim...good to see you bro...you got a bot working yet?

shall we do a brief role call of real crypto traders in this thread...

HERE!

any of us able to use Api's or bots ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will be minting a new coin soon too...im also currently building a team to occupy a darkpool with a local exchange built for me and my palls

R

Rox

I am so gutted I never put down money on bitcoins when I first heard of them in 2010..ah well

I have 0.01029495 BTC which I purchased during the Christmas dip.. currently £20 in profit:laughing:

I'm considering getting a small amount of ethereum, dash & litecoins to make my portfolio which I am seeing as my pension

Cheers

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Hindsight is 20/20 Rox, don't beat yourself up.

i didn't use any of the bitcoin as a store of value, I would pretty much cash out and pay bills as it came- had to at that point in time. What I sold for maybe 20-25K cumulatively, would now be worth some 250k+. I was happy to do it then, I needed to, so how can I really be mad about it? It does sting though looking back and doing the math.

Currently messing with:
POE, ADA, XRP, TRX, FUN, MANA

My redheaded angel investor friend has advised me well so far, so I am following her lead. I have to admit, I don't know the data behind all of these but I know if you do your due diligence and learn about what some of these coins are in place for (FUN- gambling, Mana - virtual reality, XRP- international money movements, etc) there are significant upsides coming.

I'm no expert so take heed with this advice, but buying in while prices are high on things like Ether and Bitcoin is tougher to see big gains. To get a 2x you need to go from 13K to $26. With the smaller value altcoins, they often 2x up or even 3x up in a day. Some of these 'penny-coins' in the 5-15 cent range have a long way to go, and many of those I see hitting $1.

I remember when Potcoin came out and I thought to myself "this is stupid, it's not going anywhere, I'm not touching this."
That was at $0.002 cents. Its now sitting at $0.36. You do the math.

I;ve learned to not trust my judgement. If I say to myself, "this is dumb", I now dump a hundred buck of BTC into into it. They have almost all hit 2x, some much more.

Crypto is fun. Spend some time learning about it, lots of vids on youtube etc, and take a few buck and invest. If you play it smart you can pay your bills monthly with the proceeds.

Just don't put all eggs in one basket, diversify.

Even $1000 diversified across a range of these could make you some really good profits.

And remember folks, take your gains- don't get greedy and leave it all in- yes it could go up and you will make more, but you could also lose it all. Take back your initial investments when you can and let the rest ride. None of us know the future of any of this, so being conservative is prudent. Don't get caught up in the hype.

NEED 4 SEED

All in... very bad idea...learned it yesterday the hard way lol...trx dump panic sell, those fuckers, damn...lost all my profits from xrp rise...now back again with xrp going higher and higher...bought trx again...lol...probably getting ether again.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey..is it potcoin or hempcoin maybe

guys... this is getting so fukin crazy we need to link up..

poe I called at 3c on binance...its a good one..

I'm big into lend atm..zrx ..xrp.

guys..lets make a group and do some work ..message me ...i have helped loads of people make money and we are basicly a pool..i really want to work with some real enthusiasts ..im sure we are better as a group..

I will littraly pay to see my vision happen.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm pretty good at reading graphs and to be honest it's not hard to miss the dips

I only worry about people who can't get out on the pips and lose on the dips

anyone interested in building bots? api integration etc

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm only trading because I was bullied into it by English Rick! Started after Xmas with $137, currently $162. Totally different game than investing, much more like roulette. I made so many mistakes taking 10% profit and moving on while the coin doubled. Still, it's a game, it's not investing. Enjoy it for entertainment and you win.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Just like investing, the more you know about what's going on the better decisions you will make. The difficulty with this is the speed everything changes. The dog coin today can be the top coin tomorrow, with an awesome update from the development team or a great campaign by the marketing team.

I don't trust my own thoughts in this field either, they've almost always been wrong. I chalk it up to my experiences being based in non-compatible fields which only share vague similarities. The more I've read up though, the better my choices have become. ;)

Retraining. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts