What's new

Bitcoin cracks US$100

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Bitcoin Foundation ordered to cease operations in California
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57...on-ordered-to-cease-operations-in-california/

if you are still into digital "annon" currency after the leaks concerning spying,the gov going after snowden and the threats of "hacker" spies(more false flag bullshit) get the fuck out now!!!

barry o will shut your shit down soon... "using anonymous money transferring software is a tool for funding terror"

unspoken

I saw a professor of finance at some university saying that regulators will have jurisdiction over the point of exchange. This is where the problem will come from in the future. The problem right now is coming from a lack of regulation. No problem if you want to ddos or hack the exchanges. No problem to collude to manipulate/insider trading. Do we think the same people are going to do the same thing with ltc? Make millions, rinse, repeat? Maybe time to grab some lite coins just in case :)

:thank you:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran

It doesn't matter, because there will still be people doing it black market. We have back street mooney changers now. In the South Asian communities in Britain, there is a strong tradition of "Wahala" which is basically, you want to send some money to Pakistan for example, you give it to a guy who does this sort of thing, and then you or whoever you are sending it to, collect it from his cousin/brother/mate in Pakistan, for a fee of course.

Another big crash is bound to come soon....

jayjayfrank

Veteran
if unspoken was in at $3 and then are not dipping under $7 anymore and on its way to $50, thats doing well.

while you can regulate the point of exchange the hope would be not to have to exchange it to anything else to begin with.

while everybody wants to buy them, whatever happened to good old fashion work? i would take a job that paid in bitcoins.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
while you can regulate the point of exchange the hope would be not to have to exchange it to anything else to begin with.

while everybody wants to buy them, whatever happened to good old fashion work? i would take a job that paid in bitcoins.

Until it is accepted in as many places as American Express and Visa, people will need to change "real world" money for it. A job paying in bitcoins won't be much use to pay the rent if the landlord wants a cheque, or cash, or a bank transfer. Ultimately, regulation of BTC is futile, as the nature of it makes it relatively easy to "Launder" it (Still in BTC, not converting it to cash or explainable income)

The overall trend is up, so those early adopters with nerves of steel in it for the long game are doing well. But Lots more have been wiped out in previous price tumbles, and will be again.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Ive done research on bitcoin and the problem is there is nothing of value to back the currency
So far it's been pretty closely based on the electricity costs required to accumulate and verify blocks of transactions.

As more people use it and it takes more electricity to do this... each bitcoin will have a slightly higher value.

The value of bitcoin (regardless of political spikes and valleys) has steadily increased from day one. It will continue to do so.

Keep it Clean! :D

jayjayfrank

Veteran
the thing that is of value backing the bitcoin currency is 'valuable' numbers. the bitcoin network has more horsepower than any nation state or alphabetsoup organization can muster. the FBI cant hack bitcoin.

its currently easier to accept bitcoin than it would be to accept visa or american express. within minutes you can be on the bitcoin bus.

money is already being made out of thin air with fiat currency, that argument is moot. right now fair trade is not taking cash, fair trade is taking bitcoin. the paradigm has shifted.

if i ever accept USD then i have to understand that this USD will never be worth more than it is right now, it will always be worth less in the future and buy me less than it could currently. not so with bitcoins(or gold and silver, kinda)

i have done research on bitcoin and the problem is not that there is nothing 'worth anything of value' backing it up, the problem with bitcoin is fiat currency.

some would argue gold has no value because it doesnt keep you alive on a cold winter night.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Currency ≠ Money

Gold has value as money. That is what it is. History has proven this. Not very many things can take the definition of money. Gold fits this definition nearly perfectly. It is a store of value relative to the currency chasing it.

Bitcoin has value as merely currency. And a great alternative to the status quo in which the financial banking elite control.

Both are necessary in today's vast technological economies. The problem with currency is simply how you use it. Using it as a long term store of value is not the intention/purpose.

Right now.. bitcoin is a speculative madhouse that will end in devastation for many. Long term.. a paradigm shift is definitely taking place. The worldview's ideology of "money" is changing.

Truly exciting times.

devilgoob

Veteran
Bitcoin=electricity.

Electricity is the commodity.

How you fashion it, distribute it, and what the demand is, determines it's price.

Gold=Gold

Gold is the commodity.

How you fashion it, distribute it, and what the demand is, is it's price.

Both are on account if you accept digitally stored hashes using actual work that uses actual electricity, having actual value that people agree upon by responding with demand - that demand creating stability.

And the other if you accept shiny things, representing actual work, and actual goods, but having a final value agreed upon by responding with demand - that demand creating stability.

Basically if you don't believe in Bitcoin it will fail. But all people using Bitcoin must believe in it, and the naysayers are really on the outside BEING THE PROBLEM of the lack of demand THEMSELVES.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
some one just bought 150 million dollars worth ,when some one controles this much currency in this proportion they can have a very powerful

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
They just opened a bitcoin ATM here and its 1:1

There's a few restaurants that take it here. How do you change it into money?

Why are all these people saying a $1 bitcoin is worth like five hundred bucks?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Mt gox has gone bankrupt, the entire btc system hasn't gone down. Things are a bit shaky, but it isn't gone. Gox has been undervaluing its coins for the last week, trying to con people into giving them money, after years of overvaluing their coins and distorting the value.

Anyway, like I have said all along. buy it, spend it.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
whats it worth now???...it aint worth shit to me ... I like my cash real......no internet geek is gonna take my money..you have to try that in person.....suckers

Latest posts

Latest posts