What's new

Biscuit Box

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Looking great DB. About your fan, I bought a cheap PSU for the CCFL lights on the last project, and the fan it came with is without question the crappiest fan I've ever used, and it was the same design as that, so watch out lol. Mine had a big red R on the sticker, and Dong Guan Trust Technology also.

You'll be fine with your voltage mismatch safety-wise, as long as the amps are ok. I run a 12v fan on a 5 volt power supply. You actually need less amps for the fan when you under volt it, I found out. So my fan is 1.5 amps @ 12v, but my power supply is less than that. I forget exactly but I think it's 0.8 amps. In simpler words, if you have a 12v 1 amp fan, and run it on a 6 volt power supply, the supply only needs to be 6v 0.5 amp.

That's exactly what I needed to know. You're right, the fan is crap. That's probably why the ps components have giant heat sinks attached. The good thing is I don't need any cooling, just air exchange. The carbon in the (future) scrubber will only be thick enough to act as a light trap. If the fan won't pull through minimal carbon, I'll have to switch it out. Thanks for the info.
D-funk, get a server case bro, one of the really tall ones - plenty of room for a huge deep res or deep pots, or you can go double story on that sucka. The only downside is that they seem to have a fairly small footprint, and a bit harder to find these days too.

That's a great idea. A server probably won't be as flimsy as the one I'm rocking.

Great job Bro :woohoo:

Hey vintner, I'm working on the hard part now. We'll see how it goes from there, lol. Thanks for stopping by.

i like your new idea DB with the pc case for your mothers, and the movable scrog. i have thought about trying to do a mini scrog with just one plant just to try it out. i'll be watching this.

also with the cfl's hanging upside down in the pc, you may want to use a ziptie or something to keep sockets attached to the power strip. im not sure if this is what you glued or not, but just a friendly heads up. i made the mistake when i started and had my cfls fall on plants.

Hi rich. Good luck with the scrog! Excellent idea to secure the lights.

I love you guys, thanks for the tips and ideas. Without you all, this stuff would be much more difficult.:D

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Here's a few pics of the pc case progress. I used 1/2" mdf for the bottom, front and back panels. It cuts a half inch off the headroom and one inch off the width. I can work with the space loss as 1/8" masonite would be too hard to work.

The front panel is cut smaller than the frame and on stand offs. It allows air to flow through the vents and cracks of the plastic face plate without bleeding light.

The back panel is sealed. This will be a giveaway to the sharp eye. No cables plugged in.

Here's the inside panels painted white.

Here's why the paint job is a little sloppy.

Only two varieties will live here. I'll probably SCROG entire plants and hold back a cutting to root. My little bottle cloners will fit in there just fine.

All I have to do is get a mini scrubber and some aluminum tape to get a couple of leaks and it'll be no more noticeable than the NGB it sits on. Thanks for looking.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
The front panel is vented. The first pic in post 122 shows the light trap. It's a piece of MDF cut 1/4" smaller than the front metal panel. It's mounted on standoffs for air flow. It traps light the same way the floor trap does in my flower cab.

labtec

Wow I haven't been in here in awhile. I'm liking the pc case. I will definitely try this out sometime. It looks like you've got all your bases covered.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Here's the latest group shot:

picture.php

Green Tangerine
picture.php

Catpiss

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

man i could've used some of that wednesday evening for my once in a blue moon chance to smoke.:frown: all i had was some mexi. lol better then nothing. props on your grow man looking great.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Disco cranking out the buds :woohoo:
Nice group shot bro.
Happy Gardening All.
Peace.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow wow wow they be looken as fine as grade A wine.

that Tangerine Green looks dank as ever.
and that catpiss looks bling bling.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
My first attempt at SCROG

My first attempt at SCROG

I finally bought some screen for my frame. I had a choice between this plastic stuff at $10 a roll or chicken wire at $30 a roll. The plastic tie wraps work pretty good to hold the screen.

picture.php

Sour Diesel x OGKA x Deep Chunk

picture.php

picture.php

This cutting is growing pretty fast. It has the bushiness of an indica and will get leggy in flower. I have no idea how much to fill the screen in veg so any suggestions are appreciated.

This will probably push a few sog plants out of flower early but what the hay.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Holy crap, dude! Optical illusion! :cool:

I thought I smoked from the wrong jar for a second. :xmasnut: It's pretty hard to make a call on how much you should fill the screen, but I usually say 75% full or more. I think you'll know though, when it gets near time. Keep it up.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Thanks man. I went to all the trouble to square and plump the frame and the screen makes it look all skewed, lol. I wish I could have used chicken wire but the roll was so big I knew I'd never use it all.

The trays hold a little over 2 gallons of soil each. When I flip to flower, I'll lift the siv out and fill the lower tray with dirt. 4 gallons of dirt should be enough.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hehe, ya'll quit making fun of my scrog. j/k:watchplant:

Here's a couple of shots in veg. Tight fit. As long as the plant stays below the screen, I'll have no trouble moving it in and out to water. I'm beginning to like it already. Much easier to maintain one plant as opposed to many.

I hope to have another screen the same size in a few weeks. One in each chamber will be too cool.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts