What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bio Sevia Beginners Info

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi guys,

this thread, I do not have much to contribute to, as I've never used it yet. It is more for people to look into ,and a basic starting point. all info comes from GHE, originators of bio sevia. I more made this as I think this product should be used more.. I'm not sure why it's not talked about very often..

Organic in hydro.

first, you will need a bio filter, and microbes for the bio filter. a bio filter acts as a place to harbor microbes so they in turn can break down the nutrient into a form that the plants can eat. they also say they contribute to a healthy environment fighting root rot, thus possible running higher temps and be ok.. a bio filter can be as simple as a sponge, or coco fiber, or be more involving like a fish aquarium filter to house the microbes in.. microbes can even live in salt solutions, but that is a different approach as we are talking about "organics" . one thing I have talked about with the creator ( willaim texier ) about is how to know if the microbes are in the bio filter as you can't see them, he said you will get slick oil feel when rubbing your fingers together after touching the water. microbes can easily be brought into the system by over the counter products, subculture B being one. GHE focus on Trichoderma harzianum, so any product containing that species will work, as GHE only uses Trichoderma harzianum for there product to work..

second is you will need an "organic" nutrient. I will stick to the subject of bio sevia as it's sole intention was to create a fully organic nutrient in hydroponics. I have talked with GH USA and said some people have successfully used bio thrive in hydroponics.. one problem being with Bio sevia is there is no Calcium in the product, so if using tap water that might be fine, but if using R/O water, you will need to add Calcium in some way or another ( again I have not used ) but being as there is no calcium I'm not sure how much your plant is gonna respond to no Calcium... I have seen some bio sevia grows, but never got to ask if they used tap water..

third is a hydro system. I will keep to hydro systems as the meaning of bare root in water... any hydro system can work being as you find a place or setup of a bio filter. ( I have cut out a place for a fish filter on my aeroflo ).. this can even be creating a pump outside the reservoir and having it run into as simple as a bucket, and back into the reservoir ( being the bucket houses the bio filter media ). and I'm sure if you have enough air pumping into the reservoir, even putting a sponge in there would theoretically work as long as the microbes have enough air to sustain there life.

the rest I will add is papers from GHE website, and found typing in bio sevia on the internet.. please have it noted I do not work for GH or GHE. I am just passing along info that if people are interested in organic hydroponic, I believe it best to start here.. I myself use botanicare, GH, GHE, earth juice, H&G, canna, atami. I am in no way biased toward GH or GHE or promoting products, I am simply giving information to people interested in starting organic hydroponic for the first time... I hope this spawns some organic hydro grows, or get's people thinking what was once thought impossible or near impossible or very hard, very reachable if given some time / knowledge / patience / observation.. and above all a very low impact healthy system for our planet, and for you. If you are in Europe, this is easily accessible to you, US users must find a hydro shop in Europe that will be willing to ship to the US, and at a heavy shipping rate. US users please note GHE will not ship bio sevia into the US as of customs problems experienced ( I have already looked into it for us US users ).. thanks for your time

one more document coming, need it changed to word..

please feel free to add any document on aquaponics, bio filters, nutrients, or any other info for organic hydroponics.. and above all any bio sevia users please comment

Attachments

• biofiltre.pdf
    171.7 KB · Views: 51
  • BioSevia chart.pdf
    546.8 KB · Views: 79
  • bioseviay.pdf
    66.9 KB · Views: 82
  • BioSevia 2.pdf
    223.7 KB · Views: 102
  • biosevia info.pdf
    208.3 KB · Views: 131
  • BioSevia_Hydro.pdf
    308.2 KB · Views: 63
  • fr_bioponie2.pdf
    236.9 KB · Views: 339
  • Aquaponic-Equipment-The-BioFilter.pdf
    159 KB · Views: 58
  • bioponic users guide ( GHE blog ).pdf
    294.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

humanYoda

hi guys,

one problem being with Bio sevia is there is no Calcium in the product,

I sent a mail to GHE i asked about the no calcium, He said that the trichoderma mushroom (BM) would digest the organic matter to liberate the mineral.

I'm very interested to try 'organic hydro'

HY

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I sent a mail to GHE i asked about the no calcium, He said that the trichoderma mushroom (BM) would digest the organic matter to liberate the mineral.

I'm very interested to try 'organic hydro'

HY

thanks for the info.. I would still believe, you can't get the Ca levels up to 100ppm with that info.. if your using R/O which I think you should for a system like this, as I think all Eurpose basically uses tap, R/O is not popular, so they do have added Ca levels over people in the US, or giving you this info

I abandoned hydro, as it's to much work / maintenance for me.. also water does not do well with me speaking of cleanup..

wondering though for others, gypsum in the system.. liquid lime or micronized lime.. let's see there's oyster shell ground up.. there is also just liquid ca products.. I used one from botanicare now discontinued, but there's others out there

Latest posts

Latest posts